Chapter 8 – Otherworldly shenanigans
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Uugh… my whole body is still sore…

It seems that I've passed out, I guess I'm lucky that I'm not dead, I think…

The only problem right now is that I'm not in that familiar 'Mindscape' of mine…

It seems more luscious, there's grass everywhere, and even a sky, it seems I'm in a valley of sorts.

I guess there's no point in just idling here.

After getting up I just started going in a random direction, no matter how long I walk it seems that I won't get tired at all…

Okay, this is getting ridiculous, I'm not getting anywhere, I don't even know for how long I've been walking now, it could be a couple of seconds, minutes, hours, or even days, although I doubt it's the last one.

Ah, finally, some sort of a river, and… is that a town? Maybe someone can tell me where this place is.

The town seems to be rather small, you could even call it a Village, unfortunately, it seems that the people here either choose to ignore me, or they can't perceive me.

Okay, it's definitely the latter, I just took an apple from a local vendor, and he didn't even notice.

It's rather concerning, but then again, I don't think this place is even real, between my endless stamina and nobody noticing me, this place also gives me the creeps.

"Ahh! There you are!"

Huh? Someone actually noticed me?

Oh, it's God.

"Yes, it's me, I was actually searching this place for you, I didn't think you would get so far though."

He paused; I think he has something important to tell me.

"I do, it seems that you've gotten quite a beating from some thieves, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did, but let me ask you something…"

"What is it, Kenta?"

"I'm not dead, am I?" I just hope to hear some good news right now.

"No, you're not dead, you're just unconscious just like you've thought and there's a reason why I've brought you here instead to your… usual place."

God and I began walking through the Town and for whatever reason he brought me here, it seems important.

"It is important indeed, you see… I've spoken with the higher-ups… and they allowed me to bestow you a new power as a proper reincarnation gift of some sort."

A new power?! This seems kind of exciting.

"I'm glad you're excited my young Kenta! now, let's see what you can get…"

A small panel with some unfamiliar writings appeared before God, he touched it a couple of times and suddenly we heard a female voice.

"Verifying identity… identity verified! Hello worker G-1227, what may I do for you today!~"

Verification? G-1227? I think I'd better not overthink this situation…

"Ah, yes, please open the wheel of random powers!"

It seems God has noticed me looking rather confused. "Ah, I forgot to tell you, you will have to spin the wheel to get a randomly selected power!"

So, this will basically just be a Gacha-pick, huh?

"That's correct I almost forgot that you had something similar back on earth! Now come, please spin the wheel."

I walked up to the wheel, it almost looks like the wheels they always used in tv shows, no use in delaying this, let's spin the wheel!

It's spinning around and around… aaa-nd it stopped! Let's see what I've got.

"Congratulations, hero! It seems you've obtained a rare power!"

Rare? I guess it's not the worst, but still, I've hoped for something better.

"The power you've obtained is… fast learner! Would you like to know more about it?"

Fast learner? Definitely sounds useful. "Sure, please tell me more."

"Thanks to the power of the fast learner you'll be able to learn any skill 30% faster than any regular human, you may be able to evolve this skill even further in the future, the way to do it is so far unknown to you."

Although it's only a rare power it definitely sounds rather good.

"I also think you were quite lucky, young Kenta!" I almost forgot God was here.

"Now that this matter is over and done with, we may talk about your stay here."

"Wait, do I have to stay here? Can't you just let me wake up? And what's going on with my body?"

God just looked at me with a smile.

"Don't worry, you're fine, you were taken to a safe place, you'll have to stay here for a bit longer though, time passes differently here you see."

"Actually, I have a good idea!"

We were suddenly standing inside a large building; the walls and floor are made from marble, and it all looks very pristine.

"If you don't mind getting some practice in while you're waiting for your body to wake up, then you're more than welcomed to use this building as a training room."

After doing some sort of weird gestures with his fingers it seems that God has created a puppet wielding a wooden sword.

"This will be your sparring buddy! You'll be able to use your newly obtained power for some good sword practice!"

This is perfect, not only am I unable to get exhausted here, but with 'fast learner' it will be more efficient!

Might as well begin, I don't know when my body will wake up after all.

0