Intermission: The Pause in the Cycle, Rest.
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Author's Note: So hey, didn't plan on having an online version of this cos i was aiming to make it a hardcopy when i was done. It going to be a real short series.]

...

The afterlife.

A state of being in which people pass after death. A manifestation of ones soul when we exit the physical world. An unspecified location which exists in the physical world and has little to no affect to each other. Such a place which the supernaturalist say we roam once we have exited the flesh.

Is there really an afterlife?

My answer. Possibly… But the concept brings only one place to mind…

 

Paradise.

A place where we go to rest from the physical world, leaving in an eternity of utter bliss. The sentiment sounds far fetched and all too boring. They prospect alone, of leaving in happiness and no pain no sorrows with no excitement makes nothing but delusion dreamt up by some fanatic hoping to escape the hardship of their own life, clinging on to that sliver of hope that they would be release from that harsh reality.

Would that be called living, feeling nothing? Better yet wiping our existence or leaving us to living on in that cycle.

Yet that phrase ‘no sorrow’ stands out to me, sounding much like the outcome of our continuous existence when become husks void of emotions, our true self.

Some say it is a place that we go to based on our ‘good’ deeds in our lives. Is that true? If that’s the case what is good? And what is bad?

A contradiction. Say, if, I killed someone to save another. Is it good or bad? In my perspective each carries the same weight. This ideal based on the perspective of the observer.

Others say the world is only granted to those with faith. Faith? Faith in what exactly? Our very existence questions the sanity of any divine being.

What’s there to say the place even exists.

 

Damnation! Hell!

A world in the spiritual plane in which we are punished for our sins.

Yet why not a place also believed that our faith would lead?

Said to be a place of fire and brimstone, the home and prison of the supernatural beings called demons, a place where we are subjected to the most heinous torture. Doesn’t such a place sound familiar. Yes, our very ‘living’. That is hell. Subjected to endless living, grim and torturous experiences; experiencing pain and death over and over again. How is that not an eternity of hell? Does this ‘life’ we live not carry the very concept of both spiritual planes?

 

Is there certainty that these places exist? Or is it a near death hallucination in part due to the harsh experiences of those ever closer to death’s door, hoping they could at least be compensated for those harshness? The idea of both places was created to halt further thoughts down the line of depression to everyone alive. And the concept behind the idea: being good or bad, is to at least reduce the damage in the hearts of people knowing the true insignificance of ourselves and keep them from overthinking for themselves.

 

How ever there is one place I am certain of.

… Purgatory. The threshold, the void…

A place of rest where are souls go after death, except not with the rule of having of either going to both planes through a vouch, said to be a prayer from some priest. It’s nothing more than a pause to cog which we call the cycle of life. The threshold between the two planes where our souls wait and after which that, which is to come after the processing.

 

There is no Paradise. There is no Hell. Only recurrence!

 

Death is no more than a pause, a break, rest in the cycle which is called life. There is no ascension or descent. There is only life; a state in which both notions already reside.

0