[2] Gods Walk Among Us
577 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Gods Walk Among Us
---
Arcadia.

That was the appellation given to the world in the game [Garden of Eden]. Containing various continents, towering cities, and a variety of races, the initial stage of the world gave the players a vivid and enjoyable grasp of what the game is about. Alas, along with overwhelming positivity, there will always be a hint on negativity, no matter how big or small.

['Typical. It's set inside a fantasy, medieval era where you will capture targets in the academy, saving the damsel in distress, and a bunch of other clichés. Not expecting much from the game']

Such was the comment of one of the reviewers who had played the beginning stages of the game, quitting without seeing how it develops. Whether it was due to their arrogance, or the amount of other games that used the exact same premise, they had left causing countless others to elude the game themselves.

However, never in their wildest imagination could they have expected the turn of events on a certain day within the game...

[The Epoch of Gods has begun...]

Along with the quote written on the second chapter of the game, a whole new world was opened. Dragging the ones who had left the game to come back crawling curiously, right before the very sight of the players that had stuck with the game.

Unsurprisingly, with this new addition of the event, a lot of newborn questions were born alongside it. 'Why on that day', 'does this hold some significance?', 'what will happen in the future?'. The unceasing questions ravaged the Internet for a long time, each one more sophisticated than the last. However, even after a long time the most simple of queries could have never been answered properly:

The Eon of Gods.

What exactly was it? Inferring from the name itself, you could comprehend it had something to so along the lines of 'gods coming down to earth' which was in fact partially true. Although, it is something entirely different at the same time.

Th Age of Gods. The time when the world of Arcadia was plunged into chaos. Unrending mayhem with the addition of monsters with unknown origins. Brand new species alongside a world that grew instantly into a size incomparable from before.

Now, exactly where do 'Gods' - that were the rulers of the so-called 'Age' - come into play?

Well, in fact the alleged 'Gods' don't really come into the world but instead observe it intently. They sat upon their lofty thrones, looking down upon the world without lifting a single finger.

Without the interference of such beings, a question that plagued most of the new players minds, formed: why is it called the 'Age of Gods' if they don't intervene?

The answer to that was quite simple. If direct inteference don't work then surely the can use a loophole to affect the world so it leans in their favour. Thus, after a period of time the Gods finally discovered a way to break the system.

'If direct meddling doesn't work then we'll just have to do it indirectly.'

Shifting their divine manifestation into a different form. Powers more controlled, gentle. With the compressed exposition of their might, the Gods...vanished. Disappeared from wherever they were watching. However, that was what they had thought had happened.

It was sudden. A small, evolved, transformed into a colossal change happened beside addition of mythological creatures.

The once blank river of the skies of Arcadia was filled to the brim.

A thousand, perhaps even greater, sparks of ember rose on the canvas of darkness. Each one a drop of euphoria in an ocean of nothingness. Reminescent of a beautiful painting. An everdistant utopia. Something you can see, gaze, but not touch.

An announcement was made to those who had thought the Gods had abandoned them. A message; aimed to the inhabitants with the manifestation of stars. Beings of power, who were eventually called a certain name:

Constellations.

The Gods each manifested themselves into stars. Objects of hope, for the ones who became homeless. All while giving faith to the creatures in Arcadia by giving their [Blessings]. Making them be depicted as the 'heroes' by the bards who had found hoaxed salvation within chaos.

Regrettably, only a few will ever know the truth. By giving their powers to the ones they had chosen, humanity and other races had fought together against the beings that came out of nowhere. [Apostles] were the denomination given to the ones wielding the powers of stars.

Countless praises and faith were given to the ones that lived in the sky, however as the saying goes - all good things must come to an end. The ancient beings felt the world go through a 'second awakening'.

Monsters that they never knew existed, or comprehend, rose from the darkest imagination of humanity. Creatures that not even the Gods themselves can fathom, wreaked across the lands whilst the stars that once looked favourably and affectionately upon their children discarded them. Finding entertainment in the struggle of humanity, and everyone else. It was only in the future that the heroines, who were born behind the 'second awakening', and the protagonist avenged and fulfilled the wishes of those who had died.

Usually, such event would have been occurring several decades into the 'Age of Gods'. However, whether it was a cruel twist of fate or an unavoidable destiny, Achlys Grey was a boy who was bound to experience the 'second awakening'. It is ironic to call this world just a normal galge, when it is just more than that. Much deeper.

Living on the earth where cataclysms occur frequently, and sinners pretend to be saints, how will the destined villain - Achlys Grey - survive? Especially with the new path that had formed due to the one named 'Yohan Thane'. Diverging from every other, and perhaps only unique to himself?

Only time will tell.

---
Sorry for the info-dump, I'll try not to do stuff like this unless its absolutely necessary. As for update schedule, its a bit chaotic.

18