Theoretical Bullshit Arc: Chapter 6
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Misunderstanding 


'Is she communicating with the tree?' Chloe thought, 'Is she from the Forest Elf race? She doesn't look like one. She looks the same as a human. Could it be a cross between a human and a Forest Elf?' As always Chloe was analyzing things and asking questions in her mind. 


She thought of something and looked at Chronos. She watched him as he made a dumbfounded infatuated expression that she had seen many times. The male members of her Tribe would give this sort of look to female members at the bonding ceremony. But no one had ever given her such a gaze. She was really lonely and in need of love. 


Suddenly she thought of something and her mouth carved upwards. A devilish grin appeared. Without a doubt, she was upto no good once again. 


Chronos' gaze lingered on that blonde girl. She had hair just the same as him. But his hair was much brighter than hers. She wore a uniform of some place. Considering her age, it might be an academy. 


And her face. 'She is the second most beautiful person I have ever seen!' Who was the first person? Of course that was Chronos. 


Even the opposite sex did not get mercy from Chronos' narcissism. He was truly one kind. 


For now Chronos just admired her back. Her back was thin and slender, but it didn't give a fragile feeling. It was strong and tenacious, able to stand upright even in the world's greatest calamity. That was the impression she would give others. 


Moments later she turned around, and the tree slowly began to retract itself and went to its place. 


Her eyes were a little bit dazed. Even though she was now facing Chloe and Chronos, she didn't focus herself on them. 


'Even her cloudy expression looks 2nd best!' Chronos was deep into the sea of admiration about even the useless things. 


And then the incident that Chronos will remember for his entire life happened. 


An ear-piercing cry rang out, waking Chronos from his sea of admiration and waking that girl from her haziness. Both of them looked at the source which was the little fairy flying with her four constantly fluttering wings. 


She had tears in the corner of her eyes. Her expression was of 'a wife who had devoted her every being to her husband only to see him with another woman'. She looked heart broken. 


"How could you!? After all these years we spent together! After all these years of suffering I suffered for you. After all these days and nights we had gone through. How could you do such things to me?" 


Certainly Chloe could act. Her acting was so perfect that even Chronos was astonished and unable to respond. His mind inadvertently wondered what he had done. 


And that girl was also amazed. Yes. Amazed. Not shocked. She looked at the human who had almost the same height as her and then at the little pixie that was about the size of a hand. 


Could what she was thinking be true? But between a pixie of that small size and a human of that big size, no- it was definitely impossible! But then again, her teacher always emphasized that nothing was impossible. There are many things she used to think were impossible. For example, her teacher who-


"Ah! How could I fall for your romantic words back then! Even yesterday night when we were together you promised to be together with me forever….." 


The girl who's thought had taken a turn away from the topic once again turned back into the topic. Seriously?! Can pixies and humans really do it? How? 


Suddenly her thoughts froze. Her eyes became cloudy and unfocused. Though, she was still looking at both of them. Chloe was making a fuss with stories woven from unknown fictions and Chronos was totally stupefied. Unable to produce any sort of reaction to the outrageous things. 


She then started walking towards them.  Chloe noticed but she chose to go on with her gibberish. Chronos also noticed so he hurriedly turned toward her in an attempt to dispel the misunderstanding. 


"Erm.. No.. She is lying… We are… not like that… We are just…" this was perhaps one of the rarest moments in history. Chronos had lost his confidence and was stammering. 


She had come very close to them almost a meter apart. She did not even bother to listen or maybe couldn't even listen. 


When they were almost about to collide- Chronos, afraid of collision, hurried backwards but the girl also took a sharp turn to the left at the same time. 


The girl passed by them and went toward an unknown place. Her actions were stiff. Not fluid. Suspiciously robot-like. If it wasn't because Androids are banned, they would have assumed that the girl was actually an android. Or maybe she was? Just because it was banned didn't mean people actually can't build it right? But this was Arcmania. People should not be able to keep banned products openly. So maybe that girl was indeed a human. 


As Chloe analyzed all these things, suddenly she felt a terrifying pressure. And only then did she remember what she had done. Chronos was angry. Very angry. 


Did she regret it? Of course not. If she were to regret then she wouldn't be Chloe. Did she want to face and fight against Chronos? Of course not. Only a fool would fight against a madman. She wasn't a fool. She was wise. And wise man knew to retreat when the odds are against him.


And so, that was what she did. The 2 pairs of wings behind her instantly divided into 4 pairs and with a single simultaneous flap of the 8 wings, she throttled up into the sky, faster than rocket, faster then anything. She disappeared into unknown, leaving behind a sonic boom. 


But the sonic boom couldn't spread as the waves were dissipated by some mysterious force. 


Chronos was burning in rage. He had met a female of his own age who was also just after him in terms of beauty. She was a perfect match for him. But that goddam little piece of Fellia actually had ruined it. She had destroyed whatever first impression he wanted to make in front of that girl.


After a while, Chronos finally cooled down a little. The most important part of this whole farce is, he had lost his cool. His brain had for some moments became unresponsive seeing that girl's beauty and then Chloe's words made his brain functions hamper. 


His trademark confidence had been shattered. He looked at the distant where Chloe had vanished. And then he looked at the corner of the street where that second most beautiful person in the world had disappeared. 


Then he looked at himself. Yes. He could indeed look at himself through special means. Slowly he calmed down totally. He was indeed the most good looking existence ever. No one could beat his beauty. Not the world's number one Miss World, not the Miss Arcmania and certainly not that girl. 


But that girl could beat these two rank holders without a doubt. And yes, no doubt. She was indeed made for him. She was just so perfect. 


Slowly his mouth carved up. The confident smile had returned. The confidence of extreme narcissism became alive.


He brought a small stick out of his pocket and held the top and bottom in two hands and then pulled. The stick became longer along with his stretching. It was now two meters long.


It currently had a height of two meter and thickness of a finger. Chronos held the middle part of the slim stick with both hands and pulled outwards. And magically the stick actually stretched, becoming wider. 


He pulled it enough so that it would become a square shaped wooden board. 


Two hideously long but finger-thin protrusions came from his neck and held the wooden board in place right in front of him. He brought his hand in front of the board. His posture was that of an artist who was going to draw an art. But there was no equipment for him to draw. 


The hand that was in front of the board suddenly distorted, the five fingers turned into five different art equipment. Three brush of different thickness and two tube. But they did not look like real brushes. They were grotesque looking and seemed alive.These sort of things could be barely considered as artist's stuff. 


Chronos closed his eyes and all these things moved at a rapid speed on the board. The tubes would produce different kinds of colors and the 'brushes' would use these colors to paint on the board. 


Their mastery was dream-like. In 3 minutes, a masterpiece painting was mad. It was a painting of a beautiful girl. That girl was beside a huge tree, caressing its trunk with an angelic smile. 


The tree and the background was rather blurry. But the girl, her face, her clothes were vividly clear. She had worn a uniform, most probably of an academy. The uniform consisted of a white shirt, a sky-blue cardigan and a sky-blue pant. 


This uniform was the ticket to this girl. Wherever this uniform led to, would lead Chronos to there. 


His hands turned normal and the two long appendages returned to his neck and disappeared. He grasped the wooden board and then walked. His destination was set. To wherever this uniform would lead him to. And so was his destiny, from the moment he encountered that girl.

0