Theoretical Bullshit Arc: Chapter 9: Written Test and Black-White Worlds
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: Written Test and Black-White Worlds

The insides of the room wasn't glamorous. It was plain and simple. It was a standard class room. Around 30 student's desk were there. Half of the seats were filled with students and they were writing on papers. Each student had a 3 centimeters thick stack of paper in their desks. They would take a page from the stack, solve it and then keep it beside them. 

Nevan gulped seeing the huge stack of paper and already started feeling desperate. However he still walked up to the front where there was a big table with huge columns of paper. This was the table which contained all the questions. 

The teacher or more like the exam supervisor was hidden by the towering blocks of papers. Normally the examiner should be patrolling or keep an eye out at the student so that they don't cheat. But this examiner, he was sitting relaxedly on a chair, playing video games hiding from the eyes of the students in the shadow of those paper towers. 

Instantly, Nevan cooled down witnessing this comical scene and almost laughed. 

'Minus 10 points for laziness and plus 100 points for doing whatever you want no matter where you are.' Black Nevan gave the examiner a thumbs up. 

'He may have done so to reduce the pressure on students.' White Nevan tried to rationalize the odd behavior of this examiner. 

Nevan went to the examiner, "Hello?" 

The examiner was a man in his forties. He was surprised and in sudden shock his game controller fell to the ground. Nevan's gaze had gone to the controller and realized it was a Nintendo new Gen 2 controller. Though the name says new, it wasn't new. In fact this was released almost a hundred years ago. 

'Must be a really old guy with a really young heart', Three Nevans agreed on this part. 

The man hurriedly touched the console and then it disappeared. He released a sigh of relief but then noticed the contemptuous expression on the guy who surprised him. He got angry. "What? Do you have any idea how much new ones costs?" 

"Eh?" Nevan was stumped. He didn't expect this man to lash out at him like this. Nintendo was just a piece of entertainment, it wasn't that costly, why would he say it like the new ones are way out of his range? Either he was too poor or he was a huge miser. Judging from the fact that the game console disappeared when he touched it, he most probably had a space storage device and of high quality too. So it was without a doubt the latter. This guy was a miser to no end. 

He wondered if he should reply to this question, but then decided against. As a Wiseman said, "Never fight with angry and unreasonable and also stingy people." 

"Sorry for my earlier behavior, I want to take the combined test. Here's my token." Nevan hurriedly apologized and gave the token to the man. 

The man was a little surprised. Normally youngsters would not be willing to back down and start a fight at any small things. Like that handsome piece of shit sitting at the furthest corner. 

In the farthest corner sat the mentioned arrogant and handsome young boy. Suddenly he sneezed. He wondered who was remembering his greatness as he concentrated on solving questions. 

The examiner gave Nevan the same stack of paper. "The first third is easy, the middle part is medium and the last part is hard.(Just like a game) Take a seat and solve as much as you can. The more you can solve, the higher score you will get and the better chance you have of getting into a good academy. You only have one and a half hour." 

Nevan randomly sat on a desk. He then looked at the first page. The first page was an almost blank paper. The only thing written here was a big 'Easy'. Then he estimated the start of the medium difficulty in the stack of paper and separated one third. Coincidentally he got the big 'Medium' written page at first try. Then he separated it in half and got the 'Hard' part. 

He then placed easy parts to left, medium to middle and hard parts to right. Then he flipped pages one by one. 

The easy part's question made Nevan's eyes almost pop out. The first question in it was 2+2=? The easy question were all like this. Simple calculations. 

The medium questions were the same type of maths using the most basic math functions. But this time they used real life applications. 

The hard parts question was a mixture of arithmetical functions and their real life applications. But this time they were required to solve the math in maximum three to five lines. They couldn't exceed this. 

'All right, this isn't difficult. Nevans! Get to work. I take the easy one, Black Nevan will take the medium and White the third.' Nevan assigned work to everyone. 

'Is medium too hard for you?' Black Nevan grumbled but still got to work. 

'None of them are hard. We just need to maintain a clear head and everything will be ok.' White Nevan was good at everything related to study. He could be dubbed as the 'Honour student' of the three Nevans. 

Nevan first solved the easiest math and then went to the first problem of the medium difficulty one. He asked Black Nevan, 'Done?' 

'Yes.' Black Nevan answered. 

Then Nevan closed his eyes and then opened. Nevan's eyes suddenly had a black glow that could not be perceived or seen from outside. 

Nevan appeared in a black world. Nevan sat on a black chair, in front of him a black desk and 3 sections of papers. Beside him were other 30 or so desks and in the very front was a big table with columns of paper. This was the classroom that Nevan was in. 

If everything was pitch black then nothing would be seen. But this world was not pitch black. It was not white and black world either. The only color that existed here is nothing but black. But the degree of black color concentration differed. 

The intensity of the black color gave this place structural sense. Otherwise if only one single gradient of color existed then one wouldn't be able to see the objects. 

The paper was a little dark, but brighter than the desk. The writings inside the page was more darker, making it possible to make out what was written quite clearly. 

Nevan looked at the answer that was written in the middle pages and then closed his eyes. He opened and he was once again in the real world. He then wrote exactly the same thing he had seen in the black world. 

Then he moved onto the third and hardest part of the question. "Are you done?" he asked White Nevan. "Yes." White Nevan replied. 

Nevan closed his eyes and opened. A white glow appeared in his eyes as he appeared in a white world. He was sitting on a white chair, in front of him a white desk, around him some more desks. He was in the classroom again. But this time it was a white version of the classroom. There was also no living human here. Just objects in one single color. 

It wasn't a white and black world. Just pure white. But the degree of white color's intensity was varying. Making the shapes and objects recognizable. 

Nevan looked at the white paper to the right. The paper was whiter than the desk but the writings inside were a little less white. Making the words and symbols quite clear to understand. The first math was solved in 3 lines. He memorized it, closed his eyes and appeared in the normal world. A world filled with colors and life. 

Then he started writing on the papers on the right side. After writing, he moved to the left paper which was easy and his responsibility to solve. After solving one question he moved to the middle one that Black Nevan was responsible for. He repeated the same process. 

Closed his eyes, opened them, appeared in the black world, memorized the answer, then closed his eyes again and then copied the answer into the paper. 

He repeated the same process for the right one. And so with 3 minds working together Nevan simultaneously started to solve the three kinds of problems together. 

0