Sleep is good. Work is not. (Very light NSFW)
434 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragging my feet to the bedroom, I dropped myself onto the bed. 

I felt like a soldier finally coming back from the frontlines. I was tired but restless. 

I checked my phone. 4:37 PM… Thursday. 

God only knows how much shit I missed from the days I was unconscious. There’s only one thing to do in order to quell my nervousness.

Attempt to sleep. 

And so I did. Closing my eyes and counting sheep. It’s taking a while, maybe it was because I was keeping myself up by focusing on how many sheep I counted instead of just saying numbers. 

One sheep, two sheep, red sheep, blue sheep…

…Zzz

———————————————————

In a dark room, a figure sat on a swiveling chair in front of a monitor. Their widened eyes were practically inches away from the screen as heavy breaths escaped their mouth. The figure’s dark hair was messy, their bangs resting over one of their eyes.

The screen displayed a basic room with a man sleeping in the bed. His light brown hair tousled as he slept belly up; snoring peacefully.

“Haah…Ahh… You’re so adorable, Elliot. So… so, so, so cute.”

Their shaky breath rang out across the silent room as they spoke. 

“I wish I could be there with you… sleeping with you in that bed.”

Their hand, which was previously on the mouse, drifted downward towards their lower area; rubbing their crotch. 

“Ngh…! Everything about you… I just can’t figure out why…”

Drool leaked out of their mouth as their breath turned ragged. The figure shook every now and then, their eyes stilled glued to the screen. Soon, their pace quickened and their moans increased.

“Haah!”

Their body tensed up, then relaxed, their fingers feeling damp. 

“Haa… fuck… Ahh Elliot, why? There’s no one else… So… I don’t understand…”

The figure rose its dampened hand up to the monitor, smearing Elliot’s pixelated figure. A small feeling of satisfaction arose.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be mine soon…”

The figure breathed outwards, their previously shaking body calmed down.

“I’ll get you, and then I’ll talk to you. And then you’ll understand, and then…and then…”

A wide grin appeared on the figure's face.

“I… we. We just have to be patient.”

The figure fell back into the chair, looking up at the dark ceiling. The eyes once so focused on the screen, were now hazy as they grazed over the random patterns of the ceiling. 

“I’ll have you. I’ll have you and no one else will.”

Their grin grew wider, as if crazed and possessed.

“I promise.”

—————————————

Another day, another alarm clock. 

I woke up once more. My first night in this god-forsaken makeshift of a world.

Maybe it isn’t god-forsaken considering it was just recently made by what some would consider a god. That really doesn’t matter right now, however.

I reluctantly got up and checked my phone for the time. 6:30 AM. Why the hell am I waking up this early, my classes start at 11 AM.

I’m asking myself this, however, I already knew the answer. It’s because today is Friday and I have a part-time job early in the morning because I hate myself. It’s an odd type of schedule, really. One that isn’t realistic in any way, nor is it thought out. Not that I can expect any more from anything.

Elliot works at a Cafe not far from his apartment. Lucky him. It pays well, the manager and co-workers are nice, though he hasn’t made any close friends from working there. 

He was planning to quit the job soon because he couldn’t really manage all the workloads with a job. Still, the cash was needed. 

I bet you’re wondering how a broke college student could afford a whole ass apartment all by himself. Well, don’t ask me. I don’t know the answer either. Another plot hole I.B. didn’t care about. You’re welcome. 

Well, I got up, took a shower brushed my teeth, had breakfast, etc etc…

After I got fully dressed, I grabbed all my shit and walked out the front door, taking in the mediocre air of the city. 

Let’s see… I’d have to take the J bus then walk a few blocks. 

Sounds like a plan! I plugged in my earbuds for travel there. It’d take about 25 minutes at the least if there wasn’t any traffic. I checked my phone for the time. It was 7:30. I had to be there by 8:00 AM to open up the store, which opens at 8:30. 

Ideally I’d get there on time, but traffic was unpredictable sometimes. I switched on some music and began to look through Instagram, liking some new posts by friends. Alicia sent me some raccoon memes which were chuckable. 

The bus finally arrived at its destination and I got off. Walking towards the Cafe, I spotted one of my coworkers opening the door to the cafe. 

“Hey, Ben.” I greeted him as I walked up to him. 

He smiled in kind and greeted me as well. 

“Sup man. You got here a bit early for once.”

“Yeah, surprisingly no traffic today. Hopefully that means it’ll be less busy today” 

“For real.”

Ben was a part-timer like me. He was fresh outta high school and a bit of a stoner but he was able to do his job well enough to not get shit. He was a bit more casual to me because we were more close in age, and also because I obliged him in conversation that some of the older coworkers wouldn’t really get. Generational gap, y’know?

We entered the store and started setting up, preparing all the ingredients. It was a cafe, so we had to prepare breakfast-like things and of course, coffee. 

Once we finished that, I made my way to the register and waited for customers. It was an average day with average costumer’s, nothing too exciting. I talked with Ben a bit on break and finished up my shift. 

As I was about to exit the store, I saw a man with dark brown hair and an above average face passing by. He carried himself in a way that would make you look twice at him. It was odd. This person didn’t stand out much in any way, yet, here he was commanding such attention. 

A pink transparent box was above his head. …Aaron Weltz. 

Age: 23

Role: Protagonist

Huh. So that was the protagonist. How weird. 

My eyes drifted as he walked by. I had half a heart to follow him, but that wouldn’t be necessary, and it would be creepy. 


Wait. I heard that name before haven’t I? Where was it…

6