Chapter 2: Alicia
87 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was only a half-truth. I mean, technically… maybe?

Okay, it was a fucking lie. But, it was a lie that wouldn’t get me put into a psych ward, and it made sense. I have no idea who these people are or where I am so it might as well be like I lost my memory. 

So, technically it’s not a lie!

I look upwards at the girl before me. We stare each other straight in the eye. I stare hard as if to say: ‘I’m telling the truth’—which I was.

She took a deep breath, her body still stiff. 

“I’m your girlfriend.” she said. 

“What?” I replied. 

“You heard me.” 

“Wait— for real?” I was at a loss for words. I have never met this girl in my entire life. How could she possibly be my girlfriend? Not only that, but how would that relationship continue with my supposed memory gone?

She relaxed a bit, taking a deep breath out. I don’t know what she was thinking, but whatever it is, I suppose I passed whatever test she had in store. 

“If what you’re saying is true…” she bit her lip in contemplation.  “…come with me.” She turned around and walked towards a bus stop; I followed her. Not like I have anywhere else to go.

We rode the bus for a bit. I took the opportunity to ask her some questions about where I was, which probably reinforced my claim of lost memories. 

“So… where are we right now?” I asked her 

She turned to me, her face still a little tense. 

“We’re in Rice City.”

“Huh? Rice City? That’s an odd name.”

She looked at me a little concerned. “I suppose so, but cities all over Estola are named after commodities.”

“Estola?” 

She shifted in her seat. “It’s the country we’re in.” She bit her lip, pondering how to explain the topography of this world. “Estola is one of many big countries here. It’s famous for its odd naming of cities. South of here is Zucchini city, north of here is Plantain city… you get the idea.” 

“Are you fucking with me?” There was no way cities were named that lazily. 

“I guess you really did lose your memories…” She didn’t answer my question. Can I really trust this person? 

She placed her hand on mine, squeezing it a bit as if to calm me. “It’s okay. I know this seems like a lot, but I’m here for you.” she said. Her voice was smooth and reassuring. It was like I was put in a trance. 

She leaned closer to me, wrapping her arm around my shoulder and pulling me in closer. It was a strong but warm embrace. 

“Don’t worry. I’m here for you. We’ll get through this together. My name is Alicia.” The strange girl finally introduced herself as she smiled at me warmly. 

Hey y’all, sorry for the short chapter. But progress is being made!

3