Chapter 1: I got summoned, and I can’t see well cause I don’t have my contacts!
139 7 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why did I think this was a good idea to write.

When I woke up it was the same as most days I got dressed, it was a friday so I put on some Aero pants, instead of my usual black pants. It wouldn’t be cold today I was sure of that. It was summer in Southern Texas. So yeah, after putting my jacket on I then grabbed my phone. I then somehow found myself in a cathedral.

I was confused. I looked around and a bunch of men were surrounding where I was. They all had white robes, they all looked like a bunch of Christian Priests.


“Look all right I have no time for whatever you're planning you bastards from like the six churches down my highway. So can you please put send me to Bear Branch road in Foster Meadows San Antonio Texas USA or East Central Highschool San Antonio, TX USA and I’ll decide to not report this to the police cause you guys decided that it was a good idea to kidnap someone who literally saved the world from a perverted yellow tentacle monster that can go at Mach twenty and would’ve exploded like 7 months ago if I and my class didn’t kill him and would’ve destroyed the world. And was trained by the government to be assassins. Wait? Should I really be telling all of this to a bunch of chances are pedophiles who have a tax haven and-” I was cut off, I didn’t realize it but someone was saying the exact same thing as I was. 

“It seems we have a lively summons this time.” Someone said then out came someone with the same white robes as everyone else. “Also don’t worry we have no plans on raping you two. But about you two going home we could send you back after finishing what we ask of you.” Said the person. 

“Us two?” I said, along with someone else I looked around and there it was someone wearing the exact same jacket as I was. Although she had a skirt instead of the blue Aero pants I had on. 

“Who the hell are you?!” We both yelled at the same time. We both got closer to each other since I was blind it was clear she was blind too. It was more like I didn’t have my contacts on as I couldn’t see too well like a camera being out of focus it was probably the same for her as well. 

She did the same; she had brown eyes like I did although a much cleaner face. But it sort of reminded me of a filter from sixth grade that made me look like a girl. 

“Now how about we get down to business shall we. We can introduce each other later.” Said the Priest. 

“Okay.” We both said. There were other people summoned besides me and my eerily familiar Snapchat filter that’s real. They were Japanese instead of me and her being Hispanic. 

We then were asked to follow him and we found ourselves walking up a large flight of stairs. The skyline of a European city could be visible. 

“Hey don’t you two get hot in that jacket?” Asked one of the other people who were summoned. 

“No.” We both said at the same time. 

“Don’t you guys get weirded out at the fact you guys are saying the exact same thing?” Asked the other person. 

“Uh what do you mean?” We both said till it clicked. 

“Hold on, how do you know what I’m saying?!” We both said at the same time. Although it didn’t devolve into bickering about us two essentially mocking each other. It was probably because we were talking at the same time. 

“Uh, it feels nice outside don’t you think?” We asked, this time we didn’t dwell on the fact we were talking at the same time. We silently agreed that we’ll figure it out later. 

“What do you mean it feels “nice”! It’s hot right now!” He said. 

“Hot? This is like everyday temperatures for spring in Texas. I don’t know about you but this is relatively cool for the day.” We said, the person who asked it showed his sweaty face. 

“Gonna be honest with you, it's like a sauna in here despite being next to the breeze.” Said the other person.

“It feels like a Sauna? To me it feels like the afternoon!” I said, we eventually stopped talking and I found myself talking to the other me?

“Hey, so what’s your name?” I asked, we didn't talk at the same time as she probably wasn’t expecting it. 

“Joelle Maldonado. You?” She asked. 

“Hold on! My last name is Maldonado Joel Maldonado!” I said.

“Ok, there’s only two possibilities: we just are long lost siblings or we’re from another timeline.” I said, she then asked my questions. 

“Do you have an older sister named Serena Maldonado who is 19 years old?” She asked, I did the next one. 

“Yes, do you have a dad who’s name is Joel Maldonado?” I asked. 

“Yes, do you have a mom named Rose Maldonado.” She asked. These questions went on until we arrived at the final flight of stairs. We both came to the conclusions that we were just alternate versions of ourselves. I.E a timeline where a female sperm cell beaten the sperm cell that made me into me and her into her. 

“So it was just the timing then?” Joelle asked. 

“Essentially I guess we could talk about this later after we’re done with whatever we’re doing. 

We then arrived at a large room, probably a throne room. It was confirmed by the fact that when I got closer I saw someone on a throne, probably a king or queen. 

I couldn’t make out many details other than the fact that it was a king on the throne and he was old with some whitening hair. 

“Hero’s from another world, we have an urgent message to deliv-“ Said the king but I ended up cutting him off. 

“Let me guess about a demon king. No never ending monster hordes. Or wait could it be an alien invasion cause if so there’s no way I could help you with that.” I said, he was clearly annoyed at my antics.

I am a certified asshole to people I know well but I was usually respectful to most people I don’t know we’ll. But I wasn’t exactly in a great mood because well I was kidnapped from my home and I woke up like barely 30 minutes ago. 

“Alright, yes it we have a problem with the Demon King and we need you-“ He said but I cut him off again. 

“Yeah, yeah defeat him and save the world. Here’s a thought: how about you invest in weapons technology like a bunch of broomsticks that shoot balls of metal at high speeds? An alchemist may end up burning his house down in the process of making it. But at least you got a boom stick that when deployed in enough numbers can slaughter entire armies!” I said. 

“But-“

“But you have magic you see where I come from we had no magic so we had to rely off of our brains then some Chinese dude like a millennia ago created the crouching tigers which could take out entire armies when deployed enough.” I said.

“All right, look, I know this is sudden for you but give me a chance to explain our reasoning.”

“Okay.” I responded, he then went through a long ass story about how the previous hero became power hungry and enslaved demons and began taking over the world. 

I don’t exactly remember the details because I was in my mind imagining a cool ass aerial battle in the skies of Venus. 

Ah ADHD is a blessing to have when you don’t feel like paying attention. When he was done we were shown to our room. It was similar to a dorm room. 

“Have you ever thought about marrying yourself like a gender opposite of you, just the exact same genetically just you know the opposite gender?” I asked. 

“Actually yeah a lot more times than I would like to count.” She said. 

“Oh, me too many more times than I would like to count too. So I’m guessing you also had contacts and you woke up never bothered to bring your glasses with you then got summoned so you're just as blind as I am?” I asked her. 

“Yep, so. Do you have a plan on what to do? I’m pretty sure a part of that plan is to get as far away from civilization. As I wrote a paper for my teacher Kunigoaka Junior High in 3-E. I’m guessing you did too?” She asked. 

“Yep I’m guessing you have the exact same phone as I have with the exact same stories and plans and whatever else we write in google docs.” I said, while fishing my phone out of my pocket. I turned it on and the lockscreen showed the classroom of Isekai Quartet. 

“So you watched that series too then. I’m gonna guess we have the same subreddits joined ln Reddit as well?” She said. 

“Yes, alright game time!” I said, I brought google drive and looked up Protocol Isekai. It was around a year old it was a project asked by Korosensei in the unlikely impossible chance the class gets sent to another world they would be prepared. 

I opened it up and an introduction stating the plan of the unlikely chance of getting sent to another world. The paper states go to chapter 5 if your by yourself. 

“Power off your phone to save the battery Joelle.” I asked her, she did what I asked and we began preparing for the future. 

“If you are by yourself or with a friend please write down these plans on a piece of paper, parchment, or any type of thing used for writing on. This is too make sure these plans are not lost in the eventually death of the phones battery as it would be likely the phone battery will die.” I read the paper, Joelle brought out a journal and began copying what I was reading. After a few hours we were finished with our work. 

All of it included things such as hunting tactics, making bow n arrows, making gunpowder, traps, and best of all housing if you're out in the wilderness and want a permanent settlement out there. 

It also included tactics to avoid getting sick from things such as dysentery, smallpox and other diseases that will most likely exist in a medieval era society Isekai portray them in. Bacteria don't care if you have healing magic. It’s still gonna fuck your day up if you don’t follow proper procedures in containing an infection. 

And as such all we had to do was prepare for everything else. We didn’t know much of this world. All we do know is there is magic, but not much about the flora and fauna of this world. 

“So we’re finished now. Now what?” I asked Joelle. 

“Yeah, now what?” She asked, we just stared at each other dumbfounded at what to do next. 

“So I guess we now wait until then. Wait, I have an idea. Wanna spar with some knives like Mr. Karasuma did it between classmates.” I said, Joelle seemed to agree with that plan. So we found one of the staff of the castle and we asked them if we could spar with each other. 

1