0 – Prologue
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Annihilation: End of Oberon

 

Prologue

     Once, there was a boy. He was an average boy. He went to school, did his chores, played games on his devices, and hung out with his friends. His name was Ren Smith, and he enjoyed life. He wasn’t extraordinary in any way. But what he would achieve would change everything. 

     Once, there was a murderer, one who hated Ren’s family.  He wanted none of them alive. As a result, he snuck into their house, and brutally ended their lives. Little did he know, Ren wouldn’t spare him. 

     Once, there was a choice, one that changed the course of all events in the vast universe. It was a choice Ren would make after his death, one that would change the lives of trillions. The choice would ultimately alter the course of events in the universe, and change everything in existence. 

     Once, there was a prospering nation in the afterlife. The vast majority of residents were kind and caring. Farmers thrived. Businesses made money. The people there were community-based, and were friendly with everyone. The nation’s name was Oberon. It was a land fit for everything.  Unfortunately, one man would change the course of history on that land. 

     Once, the murderer who ended Ren and his family died. He had to make the same choice that Ren had made. This was another choice that changed the expanse of the events of the universe. He chose evil, and everything took a turn for the worse. 

     Once, the murderer wreaked havoc in Oberon, conquering the vast nation for himself. The kind people were murdered, their bodies burned, their homes pillaged. The streets were dangerous. The night was filled with battles. The attackers were powered with some kind of… energy. The nation was in shambles. And the one person who could stop the man was Ren. 

     Once, Ren had a chance. Let the murderer conquer the nation, or fight back and get revenge for himself and his family, and avenge Oberon. He chose the right path, and the pressure followed. He was determined to destroy the man behind it all. 

     The universe was forever changed by the outcome, and would never be the same. 

     Across the universe, in the infinity of space, the lesson was set in stone. The concept of Space-Time no longer applied. The rift was torn, the spirit broken. Life would grow, but did life matter? No. Nothing mattered anymore. 

     Once, the fate of the universe, the fate of mankind, and the fate of everything in between, hung on the shoulders of Ren Smith, hero of the universe, and the one who saved mankind, even though it was marked for extinction. 

     Once. 

     

     

     

1