Chapter 16
332 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now, feel the flow coming from the outside."

I nod my head and take a deep breath. I hold the Water Rune in my hand and guide the mana from around me to go through the rune in my hand. I can see the rune glow a little, and it continues to shine brighter the more I feed it with mana from around me.

"And stop. Good job, now you just need to wait for the mana to purify. When it is done, the rune will glow even brighter."

"I see."

"Now, let's get to the next phase, shall we?"

She takes another Water Rune and gives it to me. I pass the rune in my hand to her and wait for my next instruction.

"To create the magic you want, you need three things: Imagination, Will, and Patience. You need to imagine what kind of magic you want to do, you need a strong will to move the mana inside the rune and you need patience because it takes multiple tries before your spell can manifest. However, before you can make a spell, you need to know how to pass the mana from the rune to some jewel."

She gives me a small jewel and says,

"Now, do what you have been doing but do the opposite. Take the mana from the rune and put it inside this jewel. However, instead of forcing the jewel to consume the mana, you need to guide the mana into the entrance of the jewel. Every gem has a small entrance where you can push the mana inside. You need to find them. Coat the gems with the mana from the rune and you will find it in no time."

I nod my head and guide the mana out of the rune and coat the gems in my hand. After searching for a few seconds, I can feel the mana get sucked into the gem from three places. I create three paths for the mana and let them get inside the gems.

However, as I do that, I can feel it become unstable. I decided to change direction and create a whirlpool.

After a few minutes of transfer, I have a gem filled with mana.

"Wonderful! The last part is really smart. By creating a spiral path, you can slowly connect all of the paths without blowing the gems. Many apprentices try to rush and fill the gems from all the entrances but when all of the mana meet in the center it collides with high speed and explodes."

She picked up a box filled with many kinds of jewels and gave it to me.

"Fill all of these gems as your training for today. I need to get back to Sol-Falena for a moment. There is something that catches my attention. You can do whatever you want here, but remember don't get inside my room, okay?~"

I only nod my head and focus on what is in front of me.

|You get a new skill!|

|Mana Flow| |Passive/Active| |Level: 2|

|You can guide the mana around you to do your bidding. The higher the level, the more mana you can guide with your thought and maybe create some attack with it.|

I get a skill from this exercise, huh? Now you give me a number and make me want to grind it to the highest level.

Let the grind start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

When Jeane gets back from taking care of some business in Sol-Falena, she meets something that makes her drop her jaw.

Jacob is surrounded by a pebble while standing in the middle of the training ground. The pebble floats around him, dancing to his movement, and a second later, she can see a bunch of leaves start to float toward him and dance around him.

It was like seeing an excellent levitating spell show to ordinary people, but to her, it was like seeing a puppeteer playing with his string. Jeane can see the string of mana coming from around Jacob that controls all the objects around him.

Her eyes get even wider when she sees that Jacob is still adding another string to control another small stone. What Jacob did is not something extraordinary, but he is a newbie; she knows this.

He did not know the basics of magic, and now he can do this? There is only one explanation for this. She gets herself a prodigy that has never been seen before.

When Jeane gets closer, Jacob snaps from his concentration, and all of the objects around him fall to the ground.

"Ah, teacher! Have you finished your business?"

"Yup~" Jeane smiles at him. "It looks like you are making great progress. It's only what? Eight hours? Maybe nine?"

"Really? It's already been eight hours? I did not notice."

"Fufufufu~"

Jeane giggled at Jacob's expression before saying.

"You are so focused on your training that you did not notice the sun had already started to set. How is the task I ask you to do?"

"Ah, they are over there. I already finished it a long time ago."

"Oh? Then you don't mind if I inspect?~"

"Of course."

Jeane walks toward the basket filled with gems and starts to inspect them one by one. She can feel the mana inside the gems is stable; it is as if a professional is doing the job. After a few minutes of inspection, she looks at Jacob and smiles at him.

"Good job~ Now we can get to the next stage. Tomorrow, we will begin your spell casting."

"Thank you for teaching me."

"Fufufufu~ It is my pleasure. Teaching is one of the things I enjoy in this world."

Jeane is old, even though her body and face say otherwise. She is older than a few kingdoms and other countries in this world. She likes to learn and teach the knowledge that she gathers in her lifespan.

She has seen many people die and many countries fall. In her opinion, there is only one genuinely immortal thing: knowledge. To make sure knowledge survives even after she dies, she wants to spread it.

That is why she likes teaching a new generation. She wants to spread the knowledge in her so they can survive to the other generation.

"Anyway, you can do whatever you want but I suggest you continue training in this exercise."

"Yes. I will do that."

13