Chapter 24
286 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat down on the chair that was already prepared for me. It looks like the meeting has not yet started as I did not see the Headmaster and his deputy in the room.

"So! Gilderoy, what kind of magic are you currently practicing? I heard last year you were fighting a couple of dark wizards in Bangladesh."

I can hear Snape snorting at Flitwick's words and looking away as if he did not believe him. Should I tell them the truth? I'm not here for a long time; after all, I might as well gain their trust.

"I'm currently practicing my flow magic."

"Flow magic? What is that?"

"Hmmm, here."

I gather the mana in the air around my finger and let them move like a string. Hmm, the mana in this world is more… light. If the mana in the Suikoden world is like honey, this one feels like water. I need to gather a good amount of mana before it can be visible to human eyes.

"Oh, my! You must have good control to do this without a wand. What does it do?"

"I shape the flow of the mana into the effect I want or I can store it inside something for later use."

"Oh?"

I let him see one of the rings Jeane made for me, take some of the mana inside my ring, and then create a small fireball.

"I cannot always rely on my wand. Especially when my wand will always be targeted by any wizards and witches I will face in the future."

"I see! That is very useful. However, is that all it can do?"

"Of course not. Each of the gems has different kinds of spells prepared inside. Ruby here has mostly my offensive spells like Fireball, Fire Arrow or Fire Wall. Sapphire here has all of my support spells, like healing spells and protection spells."

"Healing spell?"

I look at the resident healer, who looks at me with her eyes raised in doubt. I sigh a little and take out a knife from my inventory.

"Wait! What are you doing? Put down the knife, Gilderoy."

I ignored professor Flitwick and cut my palms. A stream of blood started coming out of my hands.

"Watch."

A blob of water comes out of my ring and covers my hand. The wound disappears in a matter of seconds, and my hand stops bleeding.

"Oooh! That is fantastic. You should write it and give it to the Magic Discovery Committee. You will be given a reward for your discovery of magic."

"Maybe later" Never "When I make sure all the spell is stable and can be used by all people."

I don't think they can have the same effect as my Flow Magic because the main ingredient for this magic is converting the mana into usable mana by filtering them through Rune from the Suikoden universe.

"Hmmm, that is a good idea. Make sure it is safe first before making it public. I'm excited to test your magic, Gilderoy!"

I smile a little at the small professor and put away the knife in my hands. When Filius wanted to ask me more questions, the door opened up, and I could see the Headmaster and his deputy walk inside the room.

However, what catches my attention is the floating books behind Minerva. When both of them sit down on the chair, the floating books land in front of me.

"These are the books the previous professor used. You can use them again or you can follow the minister-approved books. Please tell me the list of books you want to use for the students before the end of the week."

"Of course. Thank you, Minerva."

She nodded her head and waited for the headmaster to talk.

"Thank you for coming to our annual meeting. Let's first talk about the first matter in hand ...."

~Sometimes later~

I release a sigh as I look at the ceiling of my room. I'm currently lying down on the ground while surrounded by books. I just finished reading all the books for the first year, and boy, it was a long read.

I cast a Tempus spell (A time checking time) and saw that it was already three in the morning. So, I open up my stats and see my progress.

|Name: Jacob Shiff|

|Race: Human|

|Level: 27|

|HP: 1470/1470|

|MP: 2390/2390|

|STR: 127|

|VIT: 147|

|DEX: 128|

|INT: 182|

|WIS: 239|

|SP: 135|

All of my stats are now past the hundred mark. That is good. My magical stats become the highest stats I have, and I can understand that. Lately, I have been using my magic to fight, and my daily magic training boosts those stats.

My physical stats are still growing but not as fast as my magical stats. Urgh, I really hate my need to make them balance. To make that balance, I need to train even harder than before. Well, it is good that I like training.

For now, I need to sleep.

13