Chapter 40
285 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Take this!"

Using the weight of my body, I stab my sword at the gap between the armor on the crab's body. I twist my sword and pull it down. I can see the crab's leg fall with me as I fall to the ground.

When the giant crab loses its balance, I thrust my sword and pierce through the gap between the eyes of the crabs.

A few seconds later, the crab's body disappears in the mote of light. I open my inventory and check if I have enough water from this hunt. Seeing there is two hundred liters worth of water, I nod my head and walk out of the dungeon.

It looks like all the water is combined and creates a big drum of water.

"Now… the monster."

I look at the map and see many monsters roaming around the city of Lordlake. Well, at least I did not need to search for them.

~3rd POV~

Goesch is a citizen of Lordlake town. He was born here and grew up in this place. He hates the Queen for punishing them for something that they did not do. He hates it when the nobles keep saying that they deserve to be punished even when they did nothing wrong.

Many people did not know it, but Lordlake was framed by the nobles who wanted to build a dam that blocked the water coming to their town. However, instead of punishing the people who try to build the dam in the first place, the Queen decides to punish them, and the rest is history.

Goesch and his men are currently patrolling the area and killing any monster that gets too close to the town.

However, when they are patrolling, they can see a man surrounded by twenty Ulse, a bipedal wolf. That man is Jacob, who is just about to go back to Lordlake after finishing his second daily quest, but before he can reach the town of Lordlake, he gets ambushed by a group of Ulse.

After taking out his sword from the inventory, he charges at one of the Ulse. Seeing him coming, the wolf-creature bowed and let the hair on its back on the front. A second later, a few hundred needle-like fur flew at Jacob.

Seeing the incoming projectile, he took out his wand and twirled it. An invisible barrier appears not too far away from him and changes any projectile into dust. With another twirl, the Ulse in front of him freezes on its track and lets Jacob cut its head.

Jacob just uses the freezing charm that freezes the target for a certain amount of time.

However, it was not over. After killing one of the Ulse, the others go next. Jacob dodges the incoming attack, but he starts to get overwhelmed by the number of monsters coming at him at once, especially when they are as fast as him.

He grits his teeth when one of them manages to hit him with their claws.

"Soaring Blow!"

Jacob clapped his hands, and suddenly lightning hit all the Ulse around him. It was a powerful attack, but it was not enough to kill them all in a single attack. However, it managed to stun half of them.

"Boost!"

He takes a little bit of lightning and wind mana from his ring and necklace. His body gets lighter, and the wind starts to dance around him. His swords are now coated with lightning and are even sharper than before.

Goesch and his men can only blink as Jacob disappears and then appears in front of one of the Ulse in a blink of an eye. He continues to do this to kill all the stunned Ulse in sight. Then, with a twirl of his wand, five tigers made of stone appear from the ground and charge at the incoming Ulse.

While they are busy with the construct, Jacob uses the power of the lightning mana to disappear into thin air and get close to the Ulse. Then, using his sneaking technique, Jacob manages to kill the rest of the Ulse.

After seeing the last monster disappear, Jacob wiped the sweat off his forehead and took out a bottle of water from his inventory. However, before he can drink the water, he can see Goesch and his crew walking toward him.

"Greeting."

Jacob put away his bottle of water and greeted Goesch.

"Greeting. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you go back with the prince?"

"No. I'm not a member of their party. I come here on my own accord."

"You come here because you want to?"

"Aye."

"What kind of stupid person are you? There is nothing here."

"Exactly. Because there is nothing in this place, I want to help."

"Help? You want to help us? Are you out of your mind? The Queen will punish you if you do this."

"If she knows. Anyway, it is good that you guys are here."

Jacob takes out a drum of water from his inventory and says,

"There should be at least a hundred and twenty of clean water inside."

One of the men walked forward and opened up the lid before widening his eyes in surprise. He can see clean water inside the drum.

After giving them the water, Jacob takes out a large amount of food from his inventory. Most of them are meat he gets from his hunting around the world. There is wolf meat, deer meat, and some crab meat.

There are also some vegetables from the plant monster he killed in the dungeon. He had never seen that kind of vegetable, but the description says that it was edible and full of nutrition.

"And that is the food. Make sure to eat them all, okay? Or smoke them if you want to store them. Don't worry, I will bring more every day."

Goesch looked at Jacob for a few seconds before saying,

"Why?"

"Pardon?"

"Why are you doing this? Why are you doing something that can attract the wrath of the Queen? We are nothing but strangers, so why?"

Jacob looks at Goesch for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

"My mother once said that strangers are just friends you haven't met yet. My father also said that there is nothing wrong to help someone in need."

".... Your parents are weird people."

"Really? I thought they were wise. Anyway, give them to the other, will you? Especially the children. They need as much food as they can. I will be back with more water and food tomorrow, see you."

Goesch tries to stop him, but Jacob already runs in the opposite direction of the town.

"Boss. What should we do with this?"

Goesch looked at his men before saying,

"We will take them. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. We will distribute them with the others and smoke some of them for emergency situations."

"Yes!"

~A week later~

It has been a week since Jacob stayed in Lordlake and hunted the monster in the area and the dungeon near the town. He keeps getting stronger each time he hunts the monster inside the dungeon.

He has yet to meet the boss of the dungeon because the deeper he gets into the dungeon, the stronger the monster becomes.

Because of this, he did not get too deep into the dungeon unless he wanted to get surrounded. After killing the plant monster in front of him…

|Trent| |Level: 52|

… a bundle of fruit appeared inside his inventory. Trent is a massive tree monster that uses its roots and leaves to attack its enemy. Its leaves can be used as a projectile to cut its enemy because of how sharp it is.

Jacob opens up his stats and sees his progress.

|Name: Jacob Shiff|

|Race: Human|

|Level: 50|

|HP: 2777/3320|

|MP: 1254/3980|

|STR: 305|

|VIT: 332|

|DEX: 311|

|INT: 337|

|WIS: 398|

|SP: 250|

He finally reached level fifty. Even with the level gap between him and the monster inside the dungeon, the XP given to him is not much. He gets most of the XP from the daily quest.

|Chain Quest! Sacred Games: Preparation!| |Completed|

|Reach level fifty and have all stats over two hundred and fifty points each before the Sacred Games start.|

{Reward: Random Skill} |Claim? Y/N|

Jacob presses the accept button, and suddenly his head is filled with knowledge that he never knew before.

|Cleansing Ritual| |Active| |Level: MAX|

|A cleansing ritual that the Shrine Maiden and Onmyouji use in the land of the rising sun. The ritual can be used to cleanse curses, purify demons, and even bless the land with good fortune.|

Jacob now knows how to do a ritual to help Lordlake. With a smile, Jacob started to take out the needed material.

12