Chapter 56
208 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

The fight starts with Jacob smiling and starts to jump around. The people who did not know thought that Jacob was dancing around in the arena. However, the Queen's Knight and its commander know what is happening.

They see this as some kind of dance and are confused by this. Among them is Terax, who snarls at the sight in front of him.

"What is this?! You want to fight me with dancing?! Don't make me laugh!"

Terax dashes forward and sees Jacob smirk at him.

"Let's dance, shall we?!"

Instead of going into defense, Jacob went into offense. The people who watch the fight can only widen their eyes as they see Jacob jump around while moving his sword to attack Terax. The people who did not know about Feitas River Dance could only see Jacob dancing around Terax.

"Wow! Look at that!"

Lymsleia looks at the fight excitedly. She has seen many fights in her life but has never seen anything like this before. In her eyes, the fight looks like a dance battle, and Jacob is clearly winning.

"His fighting style is really different from before."

Sialeeds looks at the fight in interest as she sees Terax's body is filled with wounds. It did not do much, but the wound steadily increased. This is Jacob's tactic. He will use the Death by a Thousand Cut tactic rather than the Single Power Strike.

"Yes." Ferid nodded his head. "It was a fighting style that came from the Raftfleet."

"Raftfleet?"

"Yes. It was called the Feitas River Dance technique. Just like its name, it was a technique that looked like a dance to the people watching it. It follows a certain rhythm. A rhythm that only the people of Raftfleet know."

Sialeeds looks at her brother-in-law and says.

"What kind of rhythm?"

"The wave rhythm. All the practitioners of the Feitas River Dance follow the rhythm of the wave of Feitas."

"But we are on a ship. That is a solid ground."

"And that is why you need to create your own rhythm. You need to imagine that you are on a boat in the ocean and there is a storm coming. The wave hits your ship from all sides and you need to move around to make sure you are still standing on your ship. That is what Jacob is doing right now."

Ferdi smiles a little as he sees Jacob deliver a powerful kick on Terax's stomach and sees him thrown a little bit.

Terax looks at Jacob with hate in his eyes. Then, with a roar, he uses all his power to jump at Jacob and swing down his sword. Jacob jumps away and keeps moving as Terax swings his dual sword left and right.

Block. Parry. Thrust. Slice. Block. Parry.

In Terax's mind, he is the one controlling the flow of the fight. However, he did not know that Jacob was the one controlling the fight and waiting for a nice opening for his attack. When he sees an opening, Jacob takes it.

A deep cut appears on Terax's body, and it gushes out blood.

Sadly for the giant man, Jacob did not stop there. With Terax losing his balance, he bombards his opponent with a quick attack that hits his weak point. Jacob is targeting the joints of his arms and legs to seal his mobility completely.

Slowly but surely, Terax's movement gets even more sluggish and slower than before. However, even with his body filled with wounds, he still stood and even landed a few good hits on Jacob.

However, after fighting for ten minutes non-stop, Jacob finally managed to disarm him. Terax's pair of greatswords get thrown away a few meters from him, and his leg finally gives up, making him stand up.

The giant man falls to the ground, unconscious.

Seeing the winner, the referee suddenly says.

"And we have a winner! The winner for the first fight is Jacob Shiff!"

The entire audience cheered at the announcement. Jacob waves his hand, and the healer enters the arena to take Terax away to the infirmary. The royal family gets up from their seats and claps their hands.

It was a great fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk back to the waiting room, where I see Belcoot waiting for me. He smiles at me and says,

"It was a great fight."

"Thank you."

"I'm even more excited to fight you, Jacob."

"Me too. I hope we will meet in the final."

"Yes. Let's meet in the final, Jacob."

|Belcoot| |Level: 85|

Yeah. I don't want to meet him this early in the stage. It will take a long time and effort to defeat him. I give him a handshake and sit on the bench. While sitting on the bench, I can feel a bloodlust directed at me.

I glance to the left and see a man wearing purple armor leaning on the wall. He has long hair that he tied into a ponytail and an automatic mocking smile on his face. I know how he is. He is another member of the Nether Gate Assassin Organization.

|Childerich| |Level: 86|

He is slightly more powerful than Belcoot in terms of level, but he is weaker in overall power. I know this because he needs to poison Belcoot to ensure he wins.

Childerich looked at me for a few more seconds before sneering at me. What's this guy's problem? Oh, right, this guy is a psycho. He likes seeing people die slowly from agony. He is just a big pile of shit. A walking pile of shit.

I snap from my thoughts when one of the guards walks toward me and says.

"What are you doing here?"

"Huh? What do you mean? I'm waiting for my next fight."

"You need to go to the Infirmary first. Come on."

I sigh a little as I get dragged to the infirmary, where I can see Terax sleeping on the bed, surrounded by three doctors and one healer. Doctor and healer in this world are two different jobs. Healers are the people that can heal your injury and cure any debuff you get, like a curse or something. Doctors, on the other hand, are people that heal diseases and poisoning that cannot be cured using magic.

This world's magic cannot heal and cure disease for some reason. I once asked Jeane about it, and she said something about the chaotic nature of mana around us. It would be a bad idea.

I shake my head when I see one of the doctors walk toward me and give me a vial of liquid.

"Drink this. It will heal your injury and restore some of your stamina."

I did not drink it immediately. Instead, I concentrate on the vial, and the name of the liquid inside appears in front of me.

|Poison of Weakness|

|A poison created by combining five different poisons from different plant and animal organs. It releases a pleasant smell that makes the drinker not notice it is poison. It will slowly make the drinker's body weak for three days. It is as if their body is on the brink of collapse but not. This poison fools your body into thinking that your body is too weak to move.|

I give back the vial to the 'doctor' and say.

"No, thank you. I will not drink poison."

Hello, guys. I have some bad news. My mother needs to go to the hospital once again. Her chest is in pain, and now she is vomiting constantly. The doctor think it was because a complication in her surgery.

I'm sorry to ask you this, but can you guys help me once again? I will post daily to compensate for it. You can donate to my Paypal (Paypal.me/luxvondeux) or visit my ko-fi (ko-fi.com/luxvondeux) if you want to read more chapters while also supporting me.

I'm sorry for asking you to do this but I did not have any more choices.

5