Episode-2||”Wish”
30 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Twelve oh clock", sang the grandfather in its machine-generated voice. No sooner had Mr. Adam extended his hand to thrash Mr. Dany that a sweet female voice, originating from down the stairs, announced," Mr. Adam, your cake is ready! "She, in her light brown miniskirt and dark brown shirt with black checkboard patterns on it and a toque Blanche on her head, ran with the six-layered dome-shaped chocolate cake with some green flavor and a few nuts sprinkled over it.

"Tana!", cheered she, placing the mouth-watering cake on the table. She bowed at Mr. Adam and headed towards the couch. Her light green eyes, glittering on her golden face, smiled at Mrs. Adam. Her brown hair was straight with a few curls here and there. She had tied a small bun exempting two strands of hair that hung from either side of her head.

She held Mrs. Adam's hand and walked her to the table." Wow!", exclaimed Mrs. Adam, staring at the cake. "This is exactly what I wanted", complimented she, turning at the young chef. She hugged her, enquiring, "May I know what your sweet name is, young lass?"

"Sienna", replied she.

Mr. Adam patted the manager who threw his mouth open at the beautiful cake and enquired curiously, "Sienna what? Tell us our full name and we will be pleased! "Mrs. Adam too nodded at his request and turned at Sienna who, at that, had stopped smiling anymore. She managed to conceal her tears, looking down at the floor.

"Thank you, Sienna. You made our day.", diverted Mr. Dany, continuing, "So, Mr. and Mrs. Adam, happy wedding anniversary. It's already a minute past twelve. I would be glad if you begin your celebration."

The secretary and his wife smiled at each other. Mr. Adam held his wife's hand as she took the knife. The guests assembled, including Alice and Mr. Dany, and cheered, as the couple cut the cake together. Some personal guards standing outside the hotel too began bursting crackers. A few men, in red shirts and white pants, played the trumpets. In all, it sounded as if it were the wedding indeed and not a silver jubilee of the wedding anniversary!

Sienna returned to her consciousness at the chaos all around. She wiped her tears and smiled, clapping a little at the party. She cheered as the couple hugged and Mr. Adam kissed his wife's rosy lips.

She joined hands with Alice and a few other chefs to help the waiter distribute the cake and take care of drinks as well. They served, with enthusiastic smiles, as the guests gathered for various drinks including wine, beer, whisky, rum, vodka, more and more. An hour or so later, after the guests left, Alice and Sienna chuckled, walking towards one of the tables downstairs. The two girls carried a plate of sandwiches each.

They sat opposite each other on the couch.

"What an irony! I baked the cake, we distributed pieces of it to everybody but we ourselves did not get to taste even a bit!", commented Sienna, relishing the first bite of her dinner.

Alice laughed, consoling, "That's the specialty of being a chef. We cook different cuisines for all but hardly get to relish one. "They smiled, continuing their dinner.

"But, how did you manage to impress the secretary and his wife just on time? I had already given up on the cake.", asked Alice, shrugging at her colleague.

Sienna, crushing her paper plate, explained, "You guys tried for ten minutes and gave up. Master chef was ill but he could speak, right?"

Alice nodded. Sienna chuckled, concluding," True! That's where I caught the point. I requested him to enlist the steps one by one. He did. I recorded them on my smartphone to ensure that I didn't strain him more. I followed the steps and cracked it!"

"That's clever!", acclaimed Alice, hugging her friend, "All of us thought that it would disturb the master chef if we went to the sick room and spoke to him…but makes sense! Just speaking and especially recording was the only and the best option which we failed to notice. Great! I feel proud of you, Sienna!", she added.

" Stop! It's all because of the master. Nothing I did!", said she.

They strolled on the lawn as Alice never had an idea to stop acclaiming Sienna who was reluctant to take all the credits on her. Alice suddenly pointed at the hotel's main gate to spot Mr. and Mrs. Adam galochering each other. She was about to cheer when Sienna pulled her and they hid silently behind the bushes.

"Aww! So cute of them! It has been twenty-five years since their marriage but their love is still fresh and alive. I have heard that the love between couples fades away after years of togetherness. They are such a unique and lovely couple!", said Alice, as the two young girls blushed at the couple, secretly from the bushes.

"True!", agreed Sienna, blushing and adding, "Mr. Adam is such a romantic husband. The way he fought for her when she grew anxious at the missing cake proves his immense love for her! He cared for her beliefs rather than calling it a stupid superstition and suppressing her."

"Exactly! Sienna, I wish…", said Alice, looking for the brightest star in the sky. She continued, pointing at the crescent moon, "I wish I too find a romantic and loving spouse like Mr. Adam! You too pray soon…Come on, Sienna!"

Sienna grinned at her. She shrugged, adding, "No way and no time for all of that! My dream is to buy a house for myself and have a beautiful piano studio in it for which I must learn to play the piano. I wish I achieve the same. I have to do a lot and finding a partner isn't my aim at least at this point in time…"

"Oh boy!", exclaimed Alice, correcting her," Sienna, love sees no time. "She held her hands as she raised her eyebrows and smiled. "Trust me, it will happen soon in our lives!", concluded she, smiling and winking at the crescent moon. Sienna laughed at her friend's fantasy. She turned her friend's head towards herself and woke her up from her dreamy world, "Alice, let's see later. As of now, it's two at the night already. Let's catch the last bus and leave home. "The two nodded as Sienna blushed at the glowing moon.

The following evening, Grace opened the gate opposite to David's house. She was in a light blue formal shirt in shirted into black pants. She removed her long black coat; her heavy chests were sexy and seemed protruding. She opened the wooden door and walked inside the hall lit with yellow night chandeliers. She sat back on the sofa and closed her eyes, as she leaned back comfortably.

"Grace aunty!", screamed Ethan and Emily, running downstairs, towards her. She opened her eyes and smiled as the kids sat beside her. Ethan and Emily looked similar and were six years old. Grace put her right hand around Ethan while her left hand around Emily. She kissed their foreheads.

"I have bought something for you!", said she, at which the fair kids giggled and eagerly peeped into her handbag as she opened the zip. She took out big dark chocolate and smiled at them.

"Mine!", screamed Emily, snatching it from Grace.

"No, it's mine! Aunt brought it for me not you. Aunt loves me!", argued Ethan, struggling to snatch it from his twin sister. Emily laughed as she switched the chocolate from one hand of hers to the other and at times, hid it behind her hip. Ethan moved his hands carefully and tried to be a good observant as far as possible but failed in all attempts.

"Guys, come on! Share the chocolate!", advised Grace.

"Ethan and Emily don't know to share, Grace. Not your fault!", said a female voice from behind. Zara, in a black gown with a V-shaped collar, entered the hall as she smiled at Grace who then stood up and hugged her.

" Thank you, Zara, for letting me stay in your house for the next few months otherwise I would be roaming the streets of Los Angeles. Where is my brother?", enquired she.

Zara smiled at her guest and replied, "He has gone on a business trip to Mexico. He will return soon until then spend time with your sister-in-law! "The ladies chuckled as she added," Grace, do not thank me. I feel like an outsider. Your bro and I are here to always help you, my dear."

As the kids continued screaming and arguing, now, increasing their volumes, Zara frowned at them. "Mom, not me, it's him!", blamed Emily at which Ethan transferred the blame back to her. Amelia, their white fluffy cat, ran downstairs and stood beside the kids who continued their battle for the chocolate. It meowed to the fullest that Zara and Grace closed their ears.

"Jesus! Why are these kids like this? When will they grow up?", whispered Zara, apologizing to Grace.

"No sorry either!", reminded Grace, at which the two ladies chuckled again.

"You purchase two chocolates hereafter, Grace", ordered Zara at which Grace nodded with a serious face.

"Silence! Silence!", shouted they, at which the kids paid no heed and the cat too continued meowing.

A minute or so later, Emily dropped the chocolate on the floor. Amelia jumped on it. Zara and Grace threw their mouths at each other as the chocolate smashed. The kids wept aloud that their house would blast and the bricks would fly away for a diameter of fifty kilometers.

Zara pointed at the professional courier cover placed on the couch and requested Grace to hand it over to David.

"Who is David?", enquired Grace.

Zara smiled, patting Ethan and Emily's backs, and informed her, "OH my bad! You are new here. I must have told you…David stays in the house opposite ours. David Miller. You go and meanwhile, I will calm the kids down. "Grace nodded as Zara left to the bedroom beside the stairs and Amelia followed her meekly.

She picked up the post and headed outside, closing the door behind her. She crossed the road carefully and opened his gate. "David Miller", she read out, to herself, as she saw the nameplate stuck to the wall beside the main door.

"How come the door is open at eight in the night?", wondered she, walking inside.

She looked around the hall to find none except the yellow lights on, a violet fridge, and the dining table on the left while just a couch on the right.

"Bizarre guy! Who throws the door open like that and lights on like this with none inside? Has a burglar already broken into this house?", wondered she.

"Hello! Anyone there?", shouted she, at which silence was thrown back at her. She shrugged, gazing at the stairs and looking around in the hall; the balcony too was closed and it had begun to snow outside.

"Ouch!", exclaimed she, ailing in extreme pain.

2