Episode-12|| “Mr.Frownman”
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

David released Grace. The entire audience's eyes were upon the two."What just happened?", gossipped some curiously while the others whispered among themselves, "Why did Zara shout? Anything serious?", as they began frowning and shrugging at each other.

Zara looked around at the puzzled faces and faked a smile, assuring, "Yep! All OK. You carry on. It's a little matter between the two of us. That's it!"She hurried towards Grace, caught her hand, and whispered, enquiring, "Where are the birthday cakes?"

"Oh!", exclaimed Grace, looking around and replying, "They must have been here by now. I placed the order this very morning at Anna Bar and Restaurant. "She showed her mobile, offering, "Shall I ring up Sienna and ask her?"

No sooner was she about to make a call than Zara stopped her, informing, "You have forgotten to request home delivery while placing the order. What a silly girl you are!"Grace sighed, raising her eyebrows and apologizing, "Oh my bad! I am very sorry, Zara. How could I be so careless?"

"Cakes are done but there are none to deliver them. I just spoke to the manager and pleaded with him. Come on, it's my kids' birthday party!", added Zara, as Grace nodded along curiously.

"I hope he agrees", wished Grace, at which Zara faked another smile, sharing, "No he didn't. It seems that they have several deliveries lined up and they are damn busy today. Such a blunder!"

"Mom, cake! I want my cake!", screamed Ethan. Emily joined him, "Yes mom. My cake too...I want to cut it. Please!"Amelia began meowing loudly in her screechy voice while the other kids too cheered to kickstart the cake-cutting ceremony. 

"That's right, kiddies! Time for the cake now!", announced a parent too. The other parents too suggested, "Zara, poor kids. Don't keep them waiting. Let them cut the cake right away."Grace and Zara shook their heads at each other and swallowed their anxiety.

"Hey, careful!", shouted David, running towards the doorstep at the entrance of the house. He caught Sienna's left hand firmly and stopped her as she was about to stumble. She, in her usual chef uniform, carried the big six-layered honey cake. He was lost in her rich black eyes with a slight shade of light brown.

"What is he up to? Is he flirting with me yet? We were all here yet none of us saw her fall. Why did he run like a jet to save her? Why does he care so much for her? If that's the case, then what's in store for me?", wondered Grace, confused at the two.

Sienna bulged her eyes at him and took a deep breath."Oh no! David again? He will start annoying me with his Nancy now...", wondered she, shrinking her eyes at him.

"Hand the cake over to me", declared David, with both his hands over hers.

"No thank you. Let me carry. I have baked it", argued she.

"Oh yes! You definitely deserve the credit for your hard work but for now", suggested he, gesturing at her as she struggled to balance the cake in her hands and continued, "Understand, Sienna. I will take it in carefully. Don't worry."

"Mr.David, so what do you mean?", argued Sienna, "I can only gossip as you said yesterday. I don't care for the cake or my customers. Is it? Let me go now..."She struggled to make her way inside as he kept on blocking her, stretching his hands and standing as an obstacle in her path.

"Shut up, Sienna! I want to help you. Why are you misunderstanding my intention?", he argued back. She held it with all her strength while he gave his best to snatch it away from her. Grace rushed towards them and took the cake safely. She smiled and invited them, "OK.No worries! I will keep it. Let's get back to the party?"Zara thanked Sienna and Alice for their timely arrival. They nodded and followed her inside.

"Calm down, dude. Don't fight. It doesn't look good. Do you want them to give negative feedback on the app?", whispered Alice, placing the chocolate cake beside the honey cake on the dining table in the center of the hall. Emily grabbed the plastic knife beside her honey cake while Ethan spotted his knife beside the chocolate cake.

The enthusiastic kids laughed as they cut the cake with Zara and Anthony helping Ethan and Emily respectively." Happy birthday to you, Emily and Ethan!", sang the other kids assembled in the hall. The parents too cheered while some clicked photos of the cake-cutting ceremony, on their phones. Amelia wrapped her body and lay down in between the kids; she sat like a quiet child.

Grace was standing beside Zara while Sienna and Alice clapped, standing somewhere in the midst of the audience. Ethan and Emily fed a piece of their cakes to each other." Awww! So cute!", exclaimed Zara, capturing the moment on her phone. Anthony too remarked, "Oh Jesus! I can't believe my eyes. Are they my children for real?"

The twins then fed a piece of cake to their parents. The audience clapped louder. Zara offered a piece to Grace who ate a bit and passed on the rest to David who stood behind her. He caught her hand and fed himself. Sienna's eyes suddenly went over the couple smiling at each other.

"Wow!", she whispered to Alice, commenting, "Alice, what's happening? Look at them..."She threw her mouth open and closed it partially with her right palm.

Alice turned at them and closed her eyes, warning her crazy friend, "Dude, stop. Don't look at them like that. You are interrupting their privacy. "

"Huh!What privacy? Wait...do you think they are dating?", clarified Sienna.

"Isn't it quite obvious, dude?", screwed Alice, diverting, "Look at the cute kids instead!"However, Sienna continued staring at the two, wondering curiously, "Let me ask Grace how she made Mr.Frownman smile? She definitely deserves an Oscar for the achievement."She saluted silently at her bestie while Alice pinched her hand.

"All that glitters isn't gold but your glittering eyes are!", whispered David, at Grace who shrugged at him with a blank face. He smiled, as he let his fingers on her face, acclaiming her, "But, your face shines to compete with Venus."She blushed as he concluded, "Your face glitters as the beam of the chandeliers in our hall is incident on it. You are the most precious gold in the universe."His pupils dilated which she caught and turned away from him. She blushed at the carpet on the floor, feeling her heart in her hand.

Sienna happened to catch David blushing at Grace. She chuckled, whispering at Alice, "You were right. Grace, let me catch you later! I won't leave you today, I swear."The kids let out the party snow sprays all around. She breathed hard as she couldn't open her eyes.

On the other hand, Grace looked back at him and smiled. She tore a piece of cake from Ethan's side and extended her hand to reach his mouth. He caught her hand and directed it closer to him. Just as he was about to open his mouth, he noticed Sienna, closing her eyes and using her hands like a fan to help herself, from the mirror opposite him.

"Sienna!", he yelled.

1