Chapter-11
453 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Put them on the table and leave." A male voice full of authority and heavy came from the male.

Assistant Chen did as he was told, not disobeying the man in the slightest, especially when the man was suffering from a mental riot. He knows full well that if this man in front of him were to fall into mental manic, the whole capital, not the whole Empire may fall into danger.

"Sir, What should I say if the Madam and Old General Steve called?" Assistant Chen asked his boss how to deal with his family.

"Tell them I am fine and I can't return for a while because of the work."

"Yes sir."

"Do you have something else to say, Assistant Chen?"

"Sir, are you going to test it yourself? Wouldn't it be safer if you take the potions only after the result from the laboratory arrives?"

The man did not reply, still sitting with a straight military poster with no expression on his face yet his eyes show all how bad his mental riot is. Assistant Chen knew that his boss would not listen to him, he sighed internally.

"I will take my leave now, Sir. If you need anything I would be in the guest room." Assistant Chen had been living temporarily in this villa since his boss's situation was not good. After saying that he leaves, heading for the guest room.

Corner took one of the potion bottles and his hands and read its desperations, memorizing them instantly. Citizens of the Empire knew that Corner came back from the frontline after defeating the zerg queen. But they did not know that in the fight with the zerg queen, Corner's spiritual space was damaged very badly and he was falling into the mental manic very fast. 

Corner knows very well that there is no guide whose level is high enough to match him and smoothing agents would not be able to keep him sane for long. He accepted that he will die soon before reaching the age of 47. He was ready to die, but potions made by 'Healer' became popular, saying that they could help you with the mental riot. They were skeptical at first, but then one of his lieutenants contacted him and informed him that his mental riot was eased by the Healer's potions and there were no side effects.

So, Corner decided to gamble since he was unsure whether it would be effective for him and did not have much time left. Corner drinks the potion and waits for the pain to come. When the pain struck him, he was ready. Aside from his frowned eyebrows and closed fists with veins bulging it was like he was not in pain like others did.

A big black wolf that is six-meter tall appears in the room from his spiritual space, which is his quantum beast named Ares. Ares looks very comfortable but like its master, it has dignity and does not roll around like other quantum beasts. After five minutes of a strong headache, the pain subbed, and he was able to feel that his mental riot calmed down a lot. Corner tested his mental riot level and found that it had dropped from 89% to 87%, just two percent but it was a lot for him, who is an SS level sentinel.

He would observe his mental riot for a while, and it seems that he would have to try contacting the 'Healer' for more potions. It would be great if the 'Healer' could provide the potions for the soldiers. He sent a message to the assistant Chen-

'Keep an eye on the 'Healer'. Also, report back if there is anything unusual.'

A reply came in just a minute,' Yes, sir. Was the potion effective? Should we buy more?'

'Om, buy them but limit it to only ten potions each time.' 

As a General, Corner understands very well how many soldiers need the smoothing agents like this, So, he would have to make sure that he would end up buying many leaving nothing for others.

He knows very well that he would have to live on smoothing agents and potions and has no hope that there would be a guide who could match him. He also prefers not to be disturbed from his duties, and if he was matched with a guide he would have to take care of them, and he had never liked that he would have to bond with someone just because of the matching.  There is also a chance that he would upgrade to SSS level if he recovers since his spiritual power was showing signs of upgrading for a while. If he ends up upgrading, he would become the SSS level, the Dark Sentinel. It seems that it was his destiny to stay alone.

On the planet Alkelince, Shen Li woke up at 6 in the morning and prepared the things he would need for the day. He had a shower and looked through the fields of projects that were sent from the research association. He saw the ongoing project for the Eiffel Tower and decided to answer the questions for that. He will need more money, if he bought the house today then he would not have much left in his hand. He received 12 million right away. It was one of the advantages of signing the contract with the research association, that he did not have to wait for them to check the answers like before.

After that, he went out jogging in the park nearby. Shen Li does not know why but his instincts are telling him to train his body as much as he could before-, before-?. He did not know when it started since it was very negligible but it had become apparent these days. He decided to listen to his instinct since they have never been wrong. After jogging and exercising he listened to the audio clips of the Pharmacist videos, learning as he exercised. It is like killing two birds with one stone. 

When he arrived back at the apartment it was already 7:15 so he took a small shower again and changed into his school uniform. All the while, the new rule, and the sudden tournament information were running in his head.

'The sudden strict professors and teachers, the new rule, the sudden tournament, there is indeed something deep going on in the school..' 
Shen Li thought as he left the apartment and headed for the public transportation station.
  
'And I also need to buy a hovercar since I will be needing it if I want to go to the places I want without restraint.' Shen Li thought about buying it but dismissed the thought since if he came to the school in a hovercar, people would be suspicious about where he got the money to buy them.  Especially since hovercars are very expensive.

He arrived at the school and met Astrid at the school gate like usual. The classes went on like usual while the students were tense. At lunchtime, the big screen appears in every corridor, class, and canteen. None of the students looks surprised at the screens that appear out of thin air. On the screen was the face of the school president, Mr.Masumoto.

[Hello everyone. By now everyone might know that the new rule had been added to the rule book. I am sure that everyone is curious about why this rule was suddenly added and what about the tournament. Well, I will be explaining everything now. The tournament would be in three months and it would last for a month. Before the competition, every department would have special training that would be held in the extra three hours school had added. In the last week of the third month of special training, together with the points you get in the training, there would be a test which is also something that would determine whether you could participate in the tournament or not. The top 25 students from each non-combat department and  50 students from the combat departments would be chosen to participate in the tournament. Then, 5 students from each non-combat department and 10 students from each combat department would be awarded. These students would receive resources and a special class for them, which would train them for future entry into the Military. This is a great chance for everyone, so try your best to win this chance and not regret it in the future. Wish you all great in your study.]

After hearing the long speech, the students were boiling with excitement. Shen Li had frowned his eyebrows with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Shen Li, what do you think about this?" Saung He who was sitting in front of him asked. Astrid was also nodding her head showing that she was also interested in his options. 

"Ah, I think it is a good chance for everyone and we should try our best regardless of whether we win or not.."  Shen Li replied. The thought that they want his options was a fact that they consider him their friend and it kind of warms him inside even if he does not want to admit it.

"You think so too? Shen Li is right, we have to try our best no matter what." Astrid also agreed with him.

Even though Shen Li had said that he felt that the president was hiding something about the tournament. Though after looking at the list of full rewards that would be given to the winners, he was tempted. He had a determined look on his face that said that he would make sure to win in that tournament. Shen Li did not know that this would be the starting of his real path in this strange world where he would discover what and who he really is and what he is meant to be.

15