Chapter-20
434 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter-20

The principal is one of the natives of the Alkelience and has been sitting at the seat of the principal for 50 years already. He tried many ways to bring the school to the top but never succeeded because there were not enough resources and people did not pay much attention to the lower planets. Even then he still tried his best without giving up, keeping his loyalty to the Empire and the planet Alkelience, waiting for one chance that would give him the strength to bring this school up. And today the chance he had waited for very long has finally arrived.

"Student Shen Li, Please come to the office after this?" Principal Masumuto told the boy who could be the hope of the Alkelience and this school.

"Yes sir. Before that, I still have something to say." The boy asked his permission and somehow he had the feeling that the boy would be dropping another bomb on them.

"Sure, go on. Say what you want to say if it is about your potion." He permitted the boy.

"Sir, the one I made today is only one of the two types of this potion."

"Two types?" Could it be–. No, it could not be possible, is it?

"Yes, two types. One weaker version that I made today and the stronger one that is still hidden." The words of the boy came out and the crowd was once again going crazy.

"There is an even higher and stronger potion than this?" His gut feeling was right the boy dropped another bomb on them

"The growth rate is 3.34 times and the purity rate is 90%. Principal, I am just an Orpah student without strength, so I did not dare to bring up the recipe without any fear."

The boy's words might seem like those of a child that is afraid of the world to normal people. But a mature person like Masumto can understand that that boy prepared this to protect himself from the malicious people who want to take his achievement and success. Masumoto understands very well that the world is where the strong and rich trampled on the weak. A nineteen years old orphan student without any support made a miracle potion, it is hard to believe and people could use these facts to say that he stole the research from them and sue the boy.

Of course, the boy might be the true creator but the others have power and money so he would lose the case and people would only believe the big families and companies than the weak orphan boy. These people would also know the recipe since the potion-making process and all the materials were broadcasted and so it is not hard for others to frame him. The boy would lose the patent and would be labeled as a thief and his life and career could come to an end.

That would have been the case normally but the boy had prepared the trump card. He gave out a big fish to the people openly but if they dare to be dishonest and try to eat his big fat fish they would, in turn, get swallowed in one bite by the shark. Saying these words that he had an even stronger and better one in front of the live broadcast made sure that the public won't be fooled easily and also served as a warning to those who might want to be greedy.

"Let's finish this tournament first. After this, come to my office." To be prepared for everything like this Masumoto has to say he likes this boy. Only a kid like this would survive in the future. Seems like the day he had been waiting for might be in the near future.

The final winners of the tournament are Kiyoung, Soniya, Ron, Rain, and of course Shen Li. The top five were given the privilege to enter the school laboratory anytime they wanted, rare herbs, private rooms in case they were late and wanted to stay the night and many other rewards were given. They were given different school uniforms this time for the special class next semester. The reward ceremony and the party for the top five of each department were held in the evening.

The uniforms of each department are different in colors, the black for Mecha department, dark blue for the Ability users department, white for the pharmacist department, green for the Strategist and Command departments, and light blue for the Mecha Manufacture department, and the cream color for the logicist department. They were also given a medal each, gold for the top of each department and the others silvers. The students would form a team according to the ranks in the tournament, team one consists of the top of each department while team two consists of the second place of each department.

"My name is Khali. Wish to work well with you all in the future." The one who introduced herself first was the first place in the Mecha department. The girl has brown hair and sharp hazel eyes and her height and body size tell us all that she is the sentinel. Yes, the first place in the Mecha department is the sentinel girl who had a kind yet stern face.

Sung He got first place in the ability users department. The other three were Lily from the Mecha Manufacture department, Serus from the Strategist and Command department, and Xiao Wen from the logistics department.

"Congratulations to you all as well. Name's Shen Li." Shen Li introduced himself as well. Seeing the handsome youth with dark hair and dark eyes, others could not help but like the boy as well.

"This time I have an advantage over the others thanks to the advice from you." Sung He said once they two were alone. "I have to thank you for that." His tone was sincere.

"No need, I just have a little knowledge about these and you were the one who found the best way to use them. So, it is your credit and not mine." Shen Li replied. In fact, what Shen Li said was true, even if you know the theory, it is hard to apply them to the battlefield. He could only say the theory but not demonstrate it since if he did that he would expose his ability. It was Sung He who tried to put these theories to work to the best of his ability and succeed.

The party goes on and the students get to know each other before the vacation. Shen Li left the party and headed to the principal's office after saying goodbye to the others. He walked to the building for the professors and the principal's office. The receipt on the ground floor shows him the way to the elevator to the principal's office. It seems that they were informed early that Shen Li would be coming.

Just as he got out of the elevator, Shen Li saw the assistant who led him to the door outside of the office. The door opened and Shen Li saw the principal, vice-principal, and the director sitting in the room waiting for him. The principal gestures to the sofa in front of the three heads of the school.

"Student, you might already guess why we call you here." The principal was the first one to talk as soon as Shen Li sat down. It seems that the principal is eager for this.

"I could guess why." The boy in front of them was too calm.

"Then we would not go around beating the bush. We would like you to hand over the recipe for the potion." The vice-principal said with an 'I am the superior and you will obey me' voice. The principal looks displeased at this but he wants to know how the boy will respond.

"Sorry sir but I don't think there is a reason for me to hand it over." Shen Li replied to the vice principal not caring when the other looked angry that he was rejected.

"What did you say, brat. Of course, you would have to hand it over. You use the resources of the school to make this potion." The man said it like it was the given and he was sure that the boy would fold to his wish. Unfortunately for him, it was Shen Li to who he was speaking.

"I think I heard it wrong but sir did you just say that I use the resources of the school to make the potion. If you check the laboratory entrance list, you would see that I only use Laboratory B. There is also the fact that most of the materials for the crops' growth potion are not in the school laboratory but I bought them myself. And the law of the Empire states that even if you use the resources from somewhere unless you are working for them under contract, you do not need to hand over the receipt. I do not use the resources from the school nor am I under contract, so there is no reason and you can't force me to as well." Shen Li explained clearly that they would not be able to fool him or force him. The vice principal's face was really bad and Shen Li thought that the smoke would come out of the vice principal's ears.

"Then, what do you propose? Since you agreed to come here, there might be something you want to do with us." The principal asked the boy.

"Yes. I want to cooperate with the school if you like." Shen Li said with a smile and a foxy glint in his eyes.

Sorry for the late everyone.

15