Chapter-24
440 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                                                                                                    Chapter-24

In a silent office room, the only noise was the tapping of the fingers on the table as the cold blue eyes of the owner of those fingers were reading the holographic form report. The documents show the investigation result of the recent assassination attempt on the man who was scanning the documents with a calm gaze. As he had expected, there were not any suspicious facts or things in the document but the man was determined to find it even if it is the size of the pinhole.

"Sir, Assistant Chen is at the door waiting for your order." The cold mechanical voice of the AI disturbs the silence in the room.

"Open the door." The man said and the AI did exactly as it was commanded. The door opened and the Assistant in the military uniform walked into the room and saluted the man respectfully. The cold blue eyes glanced at the man and the assistant did not need words to understand what his boss was asking.

"Sir, we checked the CCTV around the alley but did not find anything useful since the place was a remote place and there is not much CCTV around."

The assistant reported even though he was curious as to why his boss wanted to check the CCTV around the alley where they found the boss. The assassination attempt happened at a place far away from that alley so there was no reason to check the CCTV around there. Assistant Chen who considered his boss invincible would never have even an idea or think that he's invincible boss did not cure himself but was saved by someone instead.

"Send the foot tapes to me and Check the list of the hotels' guest lists and residents list and information." Connor gave the order to check the lists of the hotels' guests just in case.

"Also, tell the spies to keep an eye on the family." Connor did not give the name but the assistant Chen understood which family his boss was talking about. After giving his reports and reminding the boss about Madam's call in the evening, he left the office.

After assistant Chen left, the room once again fell into silence. Conner turned his chair around and the wall in front of him turned transparent and the night view from the Capital came into his view. Two days ago, Connor attend the gathering for the military's superiors and the royal family, and without him knowing he was poisoned. He was probably drugged with the illegal drug and when he felt that he was starting to lose control, he left the banquet after saying farewell.

The drove to the most remote place in the capital and before he reached there, his hovercar was affected by the aura being released from him and broke down. Connor realized the symbiosis of the mental manic and unfortunately for him because of his unstable spiritual powers, he can't open the space stone on him to take out the smoothing potion. After realizing that Connor went into the deep alley to reduce the damage around just in case his mind collapsed before rescue arrived.

He collapsed against the wall of the alley and Aries was released from his spiritual sea. Connor thought there was no one around and by that time he was half-conscious and half unconscious. That is why he was startled when he felt a presence coming near him and grabbed the hand coming toward his face subconsciously. He did not do more than that since he did not feel hostility and Aries let the person approach him.

His eyelids were gently pried opened and he saw a vague figure of a male so he was sure that his savior was a male. And when he felt the familiar taste in his mouth, he swallowed the content that was pouring down his throat. His consciousness began slowly clear before the potion went down his throat and the familiar tingling pain came. He unconsciously tightened his hand around the other's wrist when he felt that the other was trying to leave.

Connor did not know why but he did not want to let go of the male hand. He felt the male trying to pry his fingers open around his wrist and to no surprise to Connor, the male failed. As the only double S rank physic (physical body, etc; strength, endurance, stamina) in the whole empire there was no one else who could match Cornor's strength.

Just when Connor was successful in opening his eyes a little, he got a spray on his face. The male succeeds in opening the fingers around his wrist and runs away. Connor tried to hold onto his consciousness to his best and looked at the back of the runaway male through his hizzy eyes before losing consciousness. When he came back to consciousness, he was already inside the hover car and half an hour had passed.

Conner was really curious as to who really is his mysterious savior was. A savior who gave away a middle-grade potion easily to a stranger to save their life at the same time knocked you out with the strong antithesis.

After a full week in the Capital, Shen Li came back to his house. He installed the 'Magma Crystal' in the Spiritual Training room and started cultivation in that room. The remaining weeks were spent training his body, abilities, mecha driving skills, and making potions. Shen Li started to make the top-grade smoothing potions but their effects were not very much so he stopped and changed the direction of his research.

Shen Li was able to train his ability in the zergs zone in the V.R world again since people have given up waiting at the entrance for him. His abilities reached Level-5 stage 3 and he could feel the difference in his mind power. He finished the two courses of the intermediate-level mecha training but he did not have the place in the real world to test them out.

After the whole holiday month, school started again and Shen Li and the other winners of the tournament were given a special class. Both the lectures and training were a lot harder than the normal class but thankfully the hour of the class was reduced back to 11 hours a day. The tops of each department were given special treatments.

As long as they are top in the weekly test at the end of the week, they do not need to come to school the next week aside from the seventh day. It allows Shen Li a lot of time of his own and after debating for a while Shen Li decided to become a mercenary. Because Planet Alkelience was in the outer circle of the Empire, there are dangerous zones on it and inhabitant planets nearby. Because of this, among the five cities on the Alkelience, one city is the city of mercenaries.

There are many guilds of mercenaries in this city and there are quests you can take if you become a mercenary member. Shen Li searches for a suitable one for him and finally decides to join the 'Taratin' guild. It is quite a big guild and to become a member of this guild you did not need to show your identity. You can join as long as you have the strength and the Empire's citizenship card.

He joins the guild after proving that he has a water ability and he can drive mecha quite skillfully. After joining the guild, he gets a level-1 mercenary member card. It only allows him to take small missions. But after successfully completing 10 missions with high points, he got the level-9 member card. At level 9 you need to complete at least 15 missions successfully before you can advance to level 8.

At level 8 you can take both easy and medium difficulty missions. After completing the most difficult missions of level 8, Shen Li was promoted to level 7. In just three months, Shen Li becomes a level-5 member and the missions become difficult to the point that sometimes Shen Li gets hurt. The continuous level advancement of Shen Li caught the attention of the teams in the guild. Shen Li agrees to join the 'Dawn' team that usually takes dangerous and most difficult missions.

Seven months pass in a blink and Shen Li turns 20 as well. His abilities reach the level-5 stage10 but unfortunately, he can't break through to level 6 and is stuck there. His mercenary level has reached level 2 and he has added healing potions to his shop on Star Net. Shen Li reaches the top of the pillars of the ability users in the V.R world after finishing the zergs zone level-1 alone with the highest point.

His relationships with Kim Kiyoung, Sung He, Astrid, Soniya, Lilly, Ron, Rain, and other members of the special class as well as 'Free Soul' Xin improved. He joined the Mecha tournaments to continue learning new skills after finishing the master-level course of mecha driving skills. All in all Shen Li's life was going in a good direction and he had completely forgotten about the man he saved in the alley. But the universe has another idea for these two and very soon they may meet each other or maybe they have been in contact with each other without knowing who the other is.

16