Chapter-3
554 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

             One week after Shen Li arrived on the interstellar world, he went out to buy a coffee in a cafe. Coffee is still a normal drink here and for that Shen Li was grateful.

 

“Welcome sir, what kind of drink would you like? Would you like to pack or drink here?”

 

“I want a creamy coffee with less sugar, I will take the table.”

 

“Please wait for a moment while we prepare your drink, sir.”

 

"We have a few a special menu prepared for today. It is free. Would you like to have some while waiting, sir?"

 

            "Alright, I will take some." Shen Li replied with a smile to the waiter. The waiter nodded his head respectfully and went to the kitchen for orders.

 

             Around one minute later, the waiter returned with the plate of a cake made of strawberries and then 5 minutes later with his coffee. While drinking coffee, Shen Li decided to search for information about what happened to the earth. Around 500 years from Shen Li's time, humans decided to leave the earth to look for suitable planets to settle down on after the resources on the earth had been exhausted.

 

            After searching for hundreds of years, humans finally found a suitable star to settle on. However, they came face to face with another problem: the dimensional zergs. The dimensional zergs were the enemy of every being, they preyed on every organism and were very aggressive and strong. Another fact that made defeating zergs impossible was that their numbers were large and moved around in groups.

 

             Even with the ability users, humans were not a match for them. Just when humans were about to lose, hope appeared in the form of new weapon scientists had invented. The new weapons were big, looked like a human structure, and were powerful enough to tear through the zergs. These weapons were named Mecha. Together with abilities users, the Mecha drivers also join the battlefield.

 

            Humans began to fight back with full force but they were still not enough to win against zergs. Then, another gift to humanity arrived in the form of mutation. One soldier on the battlefield suddenly fell ill, and when he woke up the next morning, he became stronger, and faster, his five senses were also sharpened.

 

            Humans recognized that as the mutation since humans had mutation into ability users because of the Apocalypse virus many hundred years ago on earth. Then, many people started falling ill and mutated. While many became stronger, some became weaker, and those mutants were unable to continue fighting. But these people were a minority.

 

            However, happy times did not last long when the spiritual space of those with the sharp sense, mutant soldiers became unstable because of the radioactive wave from the zergs. These radioactive mental waves were the big enemy of those with spiritual power.  That was because these people did not only mutate in body but also mutate in mind. Long time connected with zergs cause the soldiers to have mental riots and finally fell into a manic state. Thus this state was called mental manic. Many people fell into a mental manic and died before scientists created the first smoothing agent.

 

            But, these smoothing agents could only calm mental riots and had little to no effects on those with strong spiritual power. The stronger the spiritual power was, the more smoothing agents were useless to them. The more frequent the usage of spiritual power and fighting on the battlefields, the faster their spiritual space and spiritual power deterioration. Many soldiers fell into mental manic and died while many retired and waited for death to come to them. They were helpless, but they could do nothing about it.

 

            One day, when a soldier, who was about to fall into a mental manic, was sent to the military hospital, people did not have any hope to cure him. The soldier's partner, who had recently mutated into the weak physical mutated group, arrived at the hospital. When he was nearby, he somehow started to feel the emotions of his partner, and it became stronger when he came into his ward.

 

             Then the miracle happened. Transparent tentacles rose from the doctor's forehead and connected to the soldier, who was suffering. In front of many unbelieving eyes, the soldier recovered and was able to escape from the mantle manic.

 

            People learned to use their spiritual power well, and those who mutated were separated into two groups, Sentinels and Guides. Those with sharp senses and strong physical powers were named the Sentinels, while those with abilities to help sentinels and weak physical powers were called Guides. Together, humans were able to defeat the zergs and drive them away, achieving victory.

 

            But even though the guide could calm the mental riot, it depends on the guide's spiritual power levels and did not have much effect if their levels were low unless two people were bound. The ratio of the interstellar population is 60% humans, 30 % sentinels, and only 10% guides. Because of that, every sentinel can't have a guide. So, the system encourages guides and sentinels with a higher mental matching rate to bound. A new law states that those with a matching rate of 85% and above will have to bound immediately.

 

            "Wait, it's not inhumane to make those with 85% and above be bound immediately. These strangers are made to bond immediately with no consideration of their feelings." Shen Li fumed. As a human from the earth, who considered human rights very much, he did not like that those strangers were to become partners for life only because of the matching rate.

 

            In his fuming, Shen Li did not realize that he spoke the statements out loud until he noticed the burning stares on him. He looked up, and sure enough, people in the cafe were glaring at him.

 

            A child around ten years old sitting near him asked him with a disappointed look that your mother gave him when you did something wrong on his face, "Brother, are you an idiot?"

 

            " Brother, how can you not know that the child born between high marching sentinel and guide has a strong possibility to be a strong one.” The kid explained like he was the adult and Shen Li was the kid.

 

            Shen Li had never felt so embarrassed in his life. Shen Li took his coffee cup and hightail out of the cafe back to his room, his face burning. Never in his life did he have such a social death scene before.

 

"That was such a social death sense." Even thinking about it still made blood rush to his face.

 

            Shen Li checked the things needed to prepare the potion while swearing to himself that he would never tell anyone about it in his life. Not long ago, when he first bought the vegetables and meat from the mall, Shen Li discovered that plants and animals here contain pollution like black substances.

 

                         He was sensitive to them because of his wood ability, Shen Li could sense them and extract them with his spiritual power and wood ability. He finished removing the black substances from the plants not long after,  and he began to make the potion.

 

            Making potions is long and exhausting work thought the results are also rewarding. After two hours of working, Shen Li finally made twenty potions for smoothing mental riots. He put them into his space and made his way out of the room. These students, who had finished their classes, are making their way home.

 

            Shen Li took the public vehicle and headed for his apartment. After arriving here, Shen Li did not have a place to live and was supposed to live at the orphanage. Thankfully, even though 25 is the actual adult age here, those who are already 18 is considered a teenager who was able to take care of themselves and was able to live independently on their own if they wanted. The doctor asked him what he could choose between living independently or living at an orphanage.

 

            Shen Li decided to live independently since having a guardian would make him no good. He tried to think of a way to get money quickly since if he chose to live independently, he would have to pay the medical fee. When he told his decision to the doctor, the doctor asked him if his watch was antique and told him to try to sell it if it was real since there were many ancient's items collectors. Shen Li posted the pictures of his watch on Star Net through the Light Brain he recently acquired.

 

            His post was forwards by many people instantly on Star Net by the people interested in the ancient earth. Many people thought it was a fraud, while others thought it was real. The argument attracts an antique item collector from the Main Star.

 

            The man was a famous antique items collector who instantly recognized it as an antique and wanted to buy it. Shen Li negotiated with him, and the man offered to give him 10 Million Interstellar Coins. Shen Li agreed, 5 Million deposited was sent to Shen Li before and another 5  Million after he sent the watch.

 

            With the money now in his hand, he bought an apartment with two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, one study, and one storage room. This apartment cost him 7 million, leaving him with 3 Million. Three Million was not enough for him to buy plants, herbs, and equipment needed for the laboratory. He needed income, so he finally bought a signal blocker for Black Market that was untraceable that cost him 87500 coins.

 

            Shen Li had turned the storage room into a place where he stored his potions and shelves for herbs. After washing up, he cooked dinner, fried rice with prawns and sausage. He cleaned the dishes and decided to have some time for relaxation. About 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang, and Shen Li got up to open the door.

 

            After receiving the package, he pulled out the signal blocker and turned it on. It will not interfere with other signals but make sure that people cannot track him. If someone tried to trace him, the signal blocker would show them multiple places, none of them being real. So, it was very safe to use.

            Shen Li made the anonymous account with the name Healer on Star Net and decided to post his potions on it. The price of the smoothing potions was 10000 coins each, which was considered a regular price for low-grade smoothing agents.

 

            Shen Li's potions were at least middle-grade since he removed the impurities from them. But, he wanted his potions to help those poor people who could only buy low-grade smoothing agents.

 

            "I am doing it for money. Yeah, for money, not for these people." Shen Li reminded himself repeatedly, never wanting to admit that he was soft-hearted toward those suffering from mental riots.

 

            After posting it, Shen Li closed the Light Brain and headed for the bed, planning to get up early in the morning to continue his work, since tomorrow is the holiday, not knowing what kind of storm his potions would cause make in Empire.

14