Chapter-4
516 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alongside the noise of meats being fried, a delicious aroma waves through the air. Shen Li put down the fried meat plate on the table, he thought of what the kid at the cafe said to him while eating and searched for information about it. Only to discover that male guides could give birth. The news shocked him so much that he sat blankly on the sofa for 5 minutes before coming to his senses.

It is not that Shen Li dislike same-sex couple, in reality, he is very accepting of them. It was not strange to see many same-sex couples on earth after earth after the apocalyptic, but the idea of a man giving birth made his brain stop working. Scientists had invented a way to have a tube child, only by providing the DNA. These years, people only have a tube baby since they can avoid pregnancy dangers. Only a few couples carry the child with the mother in the traditional way.

When he was about to close the light brain, he saw the news on the school forum and was surprised to see that there are many messages this morning and the heated discussion that was going down. Curious, he clicked on the school's forum and read through it. Turns out that the school president had decided to add a new rule that class time will be increased by 3 hours and the non-fighter departments will have to stay until the end of school time like fighter departments.

Students are not happy about this. The schools on lower-level planets have fewer hours of school than schools on the higher-level planets. The school on Alkelince was only 9 -11 hours. The students from the Pharmacist department, Strategy and Command department, and Mecha Manufacture department had 9 hours of school, while Abilities users and Mecha Fighter  had 11 hours of school.

According to the new rule, non-fighter department students will have to stay for two hours more than fighter department students. And the school time was also increased from 11 hours to 15 hours since an hour of rest time was also given. The students were not happy about that. Especially, those of the non-combat departments.

User no1: What is the School's President thinking?

User no44: Yeah, what is happening to teachers and the president? What the hell are they thinking?

User no106: Do they want to make our school like those of the Main Star's school?

User no 367: Everyone, let's protest together. We have to make the president withdraw the rule.

User no 439: I heard that the new rule is not going to be withdrawn, and those who did not follow the rules will receive punishment.

User no845: Fuck, seriously?

User no899: Shit, they are really doing this.

User no975: What are we going to do in these hours? Five hours will be wasted at school, while I usually play in the virtual world at that time.

The dissatisfied comments of the students keep increasing in the comments section. If Shen Li heard 15 hours of school time on earth, he might think the school's president was crazy. However, in this world, where a day is 30 hours inside of 24 hours, it is normal school time for most military schools on most planets.

Shen Li discovered after he arrived here that planets rotated slower in this world, where a day is equal to 30 hours. Sun rose at nine and went down at 18 of the interstellar clock. There are nine days in a week, five weeks in a month, and ten months in a year. The last two days of the week are the holidays though many people work eight days a week.

Military schools on the Main Star and high-level planets have 18-20 hours a day, requiring students to stay in school dorms. Shen Li looks suspiciously at the school forum discussing the new rule. He thought that something was going on and thought about gathering information about it.

After putting it on his mental notes of 'do to list', he checked the post he posted yesterday. His potions are specially prepared for those suffering from mental riots or those near the mental maniacs. These potions might be able to heal the mental riots of low-level sentinels.

Shen Li had graded his potions in the school's laboratory, and he could feel that because of his wood abilities, the portions were special and could heal the mental riot of lower-level sentinels. If his abilities, wood, and space, had not regressed back to level 1, his potions might be helpful even for the high-level sentinels.

He saw many comments about that. Some think it is fake and scum since no pharmacist sold their potions or smoothing agent online and no potions could heal the mental riots. While some are willing to buy to try their luck since they are desperate and the price is low, they only have to pay half of the money as a deposit first and then the other half after the package is received.

"It is their loss if they do not believe it. I can sell it to those who really need it and are desperate to buy it online."

So, his potions were sold out not after he posted them, now he needs to send these potions to receive the full payments. He had connected the business that delivered the packages around the Empire. Shen Li will have to pay 1000 to them every month, and they will deliver the package anywhere around the Empire.

Rong Le is one of the desperate buyers of Shen Li's potion. He is a guide that had bounded with his lover and childhood sweetheart. Their matching rate was not high but they love each other very much. Their marriage love was very happy at first, but as time went on, his husband, Yukiyo, a lieutenant, started to fall into mental riots and suffered from it.

Rong Le proposed to end their bond even if he would be hurt as long as Yukiyo could find a high matching guide and save his life. Yukiyo is an A-level sentinel with a handsome face and outstanding lieutenant and many guides want to bond with him. But, Yukiyo refused to break their bond even if he had to die. Rong Le wanted to save him but had no way, so he was ready to take any chance to help Yukiyo.

Rong Le sat beside the sleeping Yukiyo, watching the love of his life in pain and suffering when his light brain rang with the notification that the package from 'Healer' had arrived. He took one last look at Yukiyo before walking out of the bedroom toward the door. He pressed a button on the panel beside the door and a small opening opened on the side of the door, where the package was located.

Rong Le opened the package on the table and took out the 3 potions he had bought with the small note stating that only one should be taken in 15 hours. He took one potion and returned to the room, only to see that Yukiyo had woken up. He would be in pain every time he woke up, still, he gave Rong Le a warm smile full of love. He saw the potion Rong Le was holding and gave her a look asking what it was.

Rong Le smiled at him and tried to say in a cheerful voice, " This is the potion that sells on the Star Net. They claimed that it can help heal the mental riot of low-level sentinels. So, I bought some." He acts like it is a casual thing he did, but Yukiyo knew that he was desperate enough to buy potions that sell on the Star Net, which could be a fraud.

"Give it to me. I will drink it" After thinking for a while, Yukiyo decided to drink it. It was not like he had much time, so he was willing to gamble. Even if this does not help and ends up wrong, he could be rushed to the hospital.

Yukiyo took the potion from the hand of Rong Le and drank it. At first, he only felt the smoothing feeling going down his body and nothing happened. Rong Le was disappointed but still tried to keep his cheerful tongue and said, " Ah, looks like luck is not on our side. I am sure we will find something better for……" he did not get to finish the words when Yukiyo felt the sudden pain in his head and groans loudly. Beads of sweat rolled from his forehead down his pained face.

Rong Le panicked and was about to call the hospital for an emergency when Yukiyo stopped him. He turned to look at him and was surprised to see Yukiyo's Quantum Beast on the bed rolling around happily. Yukiyo's Quantum Beast, the cheetah, has not come out ever since his mental space became unstable. So, they were surprised to see the beast who was looking very
comfortable compared to his master.

Rong Le immediately released his Quantum Beast, a nightingale, to comfort the cheetah and his husband. His pain inside the head disappeared after a while and Yukiyo looked stunned.

"How are you feeling? Should I call the doctor? Do you still feel pain?" Rong Le shot one question after another, wanting to know about his husband's situation.

In contrast to worrying Rong Le, Yukiyo had a smile on his face. "Calm down Le Le, I am okay.."

"My mental space has not felt good like this for a long time. Do you have more of these potions? I will need to take more and I will have to the general now. It looks like we met a master potions maker on the Star Net" Yukiyo said with a complicated face to Rong Le.

"A master!! I only bought three and there is a note inside the package stating that only once should be taken in 15 hours. I will try to buy more if the 'Healer' puts in more for sale." It is normal that Rong Le was surprised. Master Pharmacists are very rare and they could only reach that level after years of studying and experimenting and are very old. They have no idea what the Master was doing on Star Net.

Many similar experiences to Rong Le and Yukiyo were happening to those who bought the potions. Most people thought that 'Healer' was an Old Master Pharmacist who came out to do business on the Star Net while remaining anonymous.

Shen Li was logging into the virtual world for the first time at home and did not know that his reputation as the Old Master Pharmacist had started spreading. And he will carry that title for a long time without knowing that the Old Master Pharmacist that people are talking about was him. In the future, when Shen Li comes to know about it, he curses furiously saying that he is not OLD!!!!!

 

16