Chapter-5
524 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A circle of glowing brown-green stones was emitting the energy inside the room until the whole room was full of energy. A handsome young man with a delicate face sat at the center of the circle who had his eyes closed and steadily absorbing the energy from the air and stones. If Shen Li wants to make more potions of higher quality, he will need to level up his wood ability faster. 

 

After arriving here, Shen Li's abilities had regressed back to Level 1-stage 5. If an interstellar citizen wanted to increase their strength, it would need a large amount of time and hard work. They can absorb the energy from the energy stones slowly to make sure their body is not overwhelmed and explodes. 

 

 But, Shen Li had learned a new way to absorb the energy after a near-death experience because of his recklessness. One time when he was still on earth, he was about to practice his space ability. He was called out for an emergency. He went out without putting the energy stones back into the insulation box. He only returned after five days. 

 

 In his tiredness, he was so reckless that he did not discover the heavy energy in the air. To make up for a lost time, he started to absorb the energy hurriedly, the heavy energy in the air suddenly rushed into him crazily. His spiritual veins inside him felt like they were about to explode and cause him unbearable pain. His consciousness started to fade, but he persisted and made his way to the balcony door. 

  

Just before reaching his limit he arrived at the balcony and closed the door behind him while trying to process and stabilize the wild running energy inside him. Luckily, he survived and discovered a new way to absorb energy from air and stone together, which was faster and better. His ability also jumped from level 6-stage 7 to level 7- stage 3. 

 

Shen Li is now using this way to absorb the energy. He had left the energy stones in the second bedroom for three days only since the time is different here. He sat among the energy stones for hours and absorbed the energy. After eight hours of absorption, 6 out of 10 energy stones were exhausted and turned into dust. The energy in the air was pretty clean as well. 

 

" I lost six stones, but it is worth it. I have now reached level 2- stage 4, and should be able to arrive at level 3 in the morning." Shen Li thought while going out of the room to cook a late lunch. 

"It is worth it, worth it," Shen Li kept repeating to himself, while he was heartbroken for the energy stones. It is not that you cannot buy energy stones here, but you need to be an ability user or from the students from the ability users department. Energy stones are very precious, and even students and soldiers can receive fixed amounts from the military. 

 

Shen Li has not found a way to buy energy stones yet since he is hiding his abilities. He learned that it was a great choice since wood and space ability users had been extinct, and there has not been a single rare ability user like wood, space, light, darkness, mind, and shadow for thousands of years. 

 

Shen Li can't be sure if he will be taken to the lab for scientists to experiment on if his abilities were to discovered. It made Shen Li even more determined to hide his abilities.  

 

Shen Li looks at the beautiful necklace on his neck, which he hides under his clothes. This necklace is the only thing Shen Li had from his parents. In fact, Shen Li does not know who his parents are.  

 

Shen Li was just about two years old when he was found alone in the mountain by an old couple with injuries and no memory of anything.  

The old couple took him in and raised him cause they could not find anyone around the mountain, that could be the kid's parents. When he was five years old, he awakened the wood ability, making both grandma and grandpa scared because, rare abilities like wood, space, and plants have become very rare. 

 

 After the apocalypse, many strong forces were still fighting for power and to be rulers of the earth. The forces searched for rare ability users and took them in by force if they did not cooperate. The old couple was worried that he would also be taken away to work for them if they discovered his wood ability. 

 

So, they made him hide his ability and taught him how to protect himself. Later, he awoke his space ability and weak mental power. Shen Li has been hiding his abilities his whole life and knows well how to be wary of people. That is why he was very careful about selling potions on Star Net or about his abilities. He did not trust people, always keeping people at arm's length. 

 

His thoughts were running around while eating lunch. After eating he went to the black market on Star Net and bought a set of laboratory equipment needed by him with the coins left from the sold watch and the coins he received today for the potions. 

 

He couldn't buy all sets of equipment yet, since he did not have enough money. He still needs another source of income. He went back to the Star Net and searched the information about making money online, and most of them were unsatisfactory. 

 

After searching for a while, a website caught his attention. It was a ready-made job for him to make money. The site was about the research on ancient earth. If a person can provide any information about the ancient earth, it will be reviewed by the researchers on the Main Star and will get paid for how much your information is accurate and valuable. 

 

Shen Li opened an account with the name 'Revealer'. The name was kind of cheesy, but he admitted that he is not good with naming, which can be seen clearly with his names 'Healer' and 'Revealer'.  

 

 

He searched the post and saw that there was only a search place on the page. Only when the person entered something related to information, they will be taken to the actual post for questions. Shen Li guessed that researchers made the website like this setting, so only those with real information could come in. 

 

"Seeing this way of setting, it is either that they had small amount or incomplete pieces of information." 

 

Shen Li put his bet on the latter. Shen Li pressed the button on the Great Wall, and question boxes appeared. It asked for [ location], [history], and many other box. Boxes like [history] are divided into many smaller boxes. Each box offered 1000,000 interstellar coins. They will pay you 50,000 coins first instantly, and 950,000 interstellar coins will be paid later after the researchers have reviewed the information. 

 

Shen Li answered the questions he knew the answers to, which were at least ten questions. After submitting his answers, he received 700,000 coins immediately, meaning he answered 14 questions. 

 

Next, he searched for the Liberty Statue and saw that the questions box appeared. But, this time, he did not answer it. Shen Li wanted to see if this association was really sincere and would pay him the promised money. If they did, he would continue to answer these questions, and if they didn't, then he would not 

 

 

After sending his writing, he went to the second room to continue absorbing the energy. If Shen Li had thought more deeply, he would be able to realize that the researchers opened a website on Star Net because they were so desperate for information.  

 

Shen Li looked at the 700,000 interstellar coins he received and decided to put 500.000 coins into the money into his emergency account. This emergency was something he bought from the Dark Net, where Dark Market is also in. You can buy anything on the Dark Net, even hired killers and assassins, but they will not ask for your information. 

 

Shen Li had bought two fake IDs and a few hidden bank accounts for an emergency case. Shen Li is a paranoid young man who likes to be always prepared for any situation. The 200,000 coins left were used to buy the virtual pod from the Star Net. 

 

At the same time, Shen Li submitted the answers, and emergency messages to one of the researchers' light brain ranges. Starting that day, Shen Li will get persistent researchers on his tail begging him to join their association

14