Chapter 3: Transformation
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ What was that!?”

Gwen: “ Some kind of explosion!”

Max: “ Wait here!” 

Grandpa Max runs into the Rustbucket and comes back out with some kind of gun. He then runs off towards the source of the commotion. 

Ben looks down at the strange watch on his wrist and then back at the retreating Grandpa Max. Gwen takes notice of this and grabs him by the wrist. 

Gwen: “ Don’t even think about it! Grandpa said to wait here!”

Ben: “ We can’t just let Grandpa go by himself!”

Ben pulls his wrist from Gwen’s grip and runs off after Grandpa Max. 

Gwen: “ Ben!” She runs after them followed by me. 

I arrive with at the scene with Ben and Gwen, the first thing we see is a very large robot, it has 2 arms and 4 legs, 2 eyes and one hand was an energy cannon of some sort, the other was an energy blade. 

Grandpa Max was doing his best to get all the campers out of the robots way, but wasn’t able to do anything to slow it down. 

Ben looks down at the device upon his wrist and without even second guessing himself he activates it and scrolls through the images. 

Gwen: “ Ben… are you sure, you may have been able to turn back last time, but we don’t know if you will again?”

Ben: “ If I don’t then these people will die.” 

Ben slams down on the image and is engulfed in a bright green light. When the light dies down standing in Ben’s place was a humanoid creature that looked to be made of some blue diamond like substance, there were two spikes sticking out from just below its shoulders, and it was wearing a black and green jumpsuit.

Diamondhead: “ Diamondhead!”

Diamond-head looks over himself and a grin appears on his crystalline face. His left arm turns into a diamond blade and he runs towards the rampaging machine. 

I watch in anticipation as Diamondhead closes in on the robot and begins to slash at one of its legs, but his attacks only manage to scratch the surface of its leg. The machine aims its cannon at Diamondhead and fires off a compressed blast of red energy, the blast hits Diamondhead square in the chest and sends him flying into a parked car. 

“ Ben!” I try to run forward but Gwen grabs my arm. 

Gwen: “ Don’t be an idiot! Ben can’t even beat the thing!”

I look at Gwen and try to say something, but before I can I notice a wrecked car flying at us. On instinct I put myself in front of Gwen and hold up my arms in a defensive position, my arms begin to change from flesh to the same blue diamond like substance that Diamondhead appears to be made from.

The car collides with me, but I only move back an inch, the car is sent flying off in a random direction. 

(Pant…Pant…Pant) “ What?” 

I look down at my arms and my eyes widen to the size of dinner plates. 

Gwen: “ Alex….your arms?”

“ W-w-w-what the fuuuuck!!!”

Max: “ Beeeenn!!” 

I look over to the fight and see Diamondhead pinned to the ground by one of the robots legs. 

“ I can do this.” 

I run up to the leg pinning Diamondhead down and grab the leg, attempting to pull it off of him. 

Diamondhead: “ Alex!? What are doing!?”

“ Saving your ass, that’s what! Are going to help me pull or am I going to do all the work myself!” 

Diamondhead pushes up on the leg pinning him and I continue to pull it, we manage to lift it up enough for him to get out. 

Diamondhead: “ Thanks, now let’s kick this things ass!”

We both turn are arms into blades and slash at the leg, giving it everything we have and we slice right through it. Without all 4 of its legs, the robot falls onto its side. I run to the fallen machines eyes and plunge my blade through it, Diamondhead plunging his blade through the other. 

“ Is it dead?”

Diamondhead: “ I think so?” 

The dial on Diamondhead’s chest begins to flash red, in a flash of red Ben returns to his human form. Grandpa Max and Gwen run up the two. 

Max: “ Are the two of you alright?”

Ben: “ Yeah, I’m good. What about you Alex?”

“ Besides the fact that my arms are diamond instead of flesh, yeah I’m great.”

Gwen: “ Grandpa, what happened to Alex?”

Max: (Sighs) “ I was afraid this day would come. It’s time for me to tell you everything.” 

1