Chapter 5: Escape
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we arrive in Washington D.C, the first thing we do is head to the local supermarket.

I make my way through the pet isle of the store along with Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max. 

Ben: “ What are we doing in the pet section Grandpa?”

Max: “ Looking for dinner.”

Ben’s face paled at his response, as did mine and Gwen’s.

Ben: “ I’m gonna go look around.” 

Max: “ Don’t get into any trouble Ben.”

Ben: “ When have I ever gotten into trouble?”

“ What about the time you destroyed Mr. Bowman’s car?”

Gwen: “ Or when you started a forest fire?”

“ And…..”

Ben: “ Ok, ok, I get it. I won’t get into trouble.” 

Ben walks off towards the electronics isle.

“ Maybe I should go with him.” I quickly follow after him. 

I catch up with Ben and find him looking through all the different electronics.

“ What’re you looking for?”

Ben: “ A new pair of earbuds, so I can block out Gwen’s nagging.”

“ What happened to your other pair?”

Ben: “ They wore out.”

The wall in front of us bursts open and in comes a giant horned frog, on its back was a man with some kind of antennae sticking out from his head. The man hops down from the frog’s back and starts stuffing random electronics into his bag.

Ben: “ Hey! I’m pretty sure you have to pay for those.” 

???: “ Don’t try and play hero kid. You’ll only get hurt.”

Ben: “ Who’s playing?”

Ben activates the Omnitrix, scrolls through his options and slams down on the dial. He’s engulfed in a bright flash of green light and when it dies down, standing in his place was a gray werewolf wearing a black and green jumpsuit, it’s maul looks like it could split 4 ways. 

Blitzwolfer: “ Blitzwolfer!” 

Blitzwolfer pounces at the man, but before he can reach him, Blitzwolfer is sent flying across the store by the giant frog’s tongue. I transform both of my arms into flaming rock limbs, and manifest a ball of fire into my left hand. 

“ Hey insect breath! Eat fire!” 

I throw the ball of flame directly at the amphibian, leaving charred flesh, and causing it to take a step back. 

???: “ You’ll pay for that!”

The frog’s tongue shoots out and wraps around me, dragging me into the frog’s mouth. 

“ This is so gross.”

I turn my arms into diamond-like limbs, and turn my left arm into a blade. I slice my way free of the creature’s grotesque, slimy tongue and then begin to slash at the pulsing walls of the mouth, managing to pull myself free and slay the frog. Emerging from the beast drenched in mucus, blood, and who knows what else.

“ I take what I said back, this is much worse.”

???: “ My baby!! I will make you pay!”

I wipe the blood from my glasses to see the crazy man pull a rat out of his pocket, set it on the ground and push a button on the side of his helmet, hitting the rat with some type of beam that causes it to grow past the size of a bear and to the size of a small bus.

“ Are you fucking kidding me!?” 

A green sonic blast slams into the massive rat, knocking it onto its side. Blitzwolfer dashes over, stopping beside me.

Blitzwolfer: “ Hahahaha! What happened to you!?”

“ Hahaha, yeah laugh it up, why don’t ya.” 

I look over and notice that the crazy man and the giant rat are gone. Grandpa Max and Gwen run up to the two. 

Max: “ Are you two alright?”

Blitzwolfer is engulfed in a red light and returns to his normal form. 

Ben: “ We’re fine Grandpa. That guy didn’t stand a chance.”

Gwen: “ What’s that smell?” She plugs her nose.

“ That’s probably me.”

Gwen: “ Ugh, what happened?”

“ I don’t wanna talk about it.” 

1