Chapter 3
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**

"Magic, also called Elemental Auras, is a power quite mysterious among common folk, this ignorance is caused by its abstract nature. Only by becoming an Aura user it is possible to confidently consider oneself knowledgeable about mystical art.

There are three major pillars :

Earth magic defining telekynesis and surface modelling.

Water defining healing and purificating abilities.

Wind defining abilities linked to the soul, a wind mage is able to probe the spirit of another living being, the proficiency lies in the talent and training.

Those three are called pillars because they can be adopted by everyone, on the assumption they got ressources. It exist a lot more magic specialization, but their mastery depends on the inheritance and circumstances of an individual."

**

"Peyron ! Help me to control him !"

An old man, the face illuminated by a white light, shouted while keeping to the ground what seemed like a young boy. As he was groaning and struggling as much as he could, a fist was press on his back while a hand was trapping his left arm.

Beside a white shining sphere, a young man, average height, a clean moustache and brown hair, was finishing his descent by the rope. At the moment he heard the pressing voice of the old man, he said in a pompous tone, while walking :

"Let me use my mighty wind magic on hi-"

"Shut up and do it"

Immediatly pressing his walk at this order, the man called Peyron crouched right next to the head of the child. His face became concentrated and he put his two hands on the latter's skull and began mumbling in a soft breath.

The enraged attempts of the mad child became strenghtless in a few seconds before he fainted, his head still between Peyron's hands.

Without saying anything, the old man took a solid rope from his back and bound the sleeping boy's hands and feet, he then gagged him with a piece of tissu. Only then did he turned his gaze to the other man.

"He was calm at first, but at the moment he saw you he attacked me."

While touching his moustache, the younger man had a concerned expression.

"I was able to probe his mind, he's completely defenseless against my magic. But Bishop, it doesn't make sense, his spirit seemed... empty."

"Like an undead ?"

"More like a newborn." Crossing his arms, he pondered for moment. "I suggest to bring him to the surface now, because his spirit has not yet grow, a mindless use of my abilities on him could kill him."

"Hum... And carrying an enraged cub with a rope could be quite difficult. Let's go before he wakes up."

**

A few hours passed after the two men moved the young boy outside. He was now lying on the ground, his head laid on a saddle, his limbs still trapped in ropes. A campfire was burning a few feet away and a man, older than the other two, was sharpening a longsword on the opposite side of the sleeper.

They were alone, as the night was just begining, the burned and cadaveric atmosphere had been replaced by a cold calm, a few clouds hardly hided the stars.

A slight move from the boy, easily perceived by the veteran, made him put aside his sword. As his eyes focused on the tied one, he began to walk towards him.

"You woke up ?" The warm and deep voice was answered by silence. As soon as the old man brought his hand near the boy's shoulder, the quiet child suddenly tried to bite the invasive hand, his mouth freed from the gag.

Instead of getting his hand out of reach, the elderly grabbed his jaw and pushed the youngling firmly against the saddle behind him.

"As I expected ! You're as fierce as the Bishop said and..."

His eyes glowed faintly in a green light, in the same time, the boy seemed to quickly calm down.

"...from what Peyron told me, as empty as a newborn . You're going to give me quite some work."

As the old man sighed, two figures appeared from the shadows, the two had the same apparel than the elderly. While a man in his fifties sat near the fire, the other, much younger, approached his senior, it was Peyron.

"Master ! Are you sure using magic is safe ?" Since the one called "master" didn't answer, he noticed that the young child he was worried about, had his mouth open and a lost gaze. Suddenly his eyes regained some life and began to turn their attention everywhere around. As he looked at Peyron, the man could see one thing, curiosity.

"Your mastery is unmatched, master." His voice contained a bit of relief and admiration. "I don't see myself accomplish such trick in my life"

"Don't worry, while it is true you don't have my experience, being targeted by your wind magic is like a powerful storm, mine is more like a gentle breeze slowly turning the gaze by feeling it. We don't have the same speciality." Finishing his explaination, the master and what seemed like his pupil, turned their attention to the third man.

Looking at the fire, the Bishop spoke in a tired voice.

"This boy is the only thing we were able to find in those ruins. Aside from that, nothing, the same goes for the Imperial forces as I heard. We'll wait for the Imperial soldiers to leave, and then we'll take him back home."

He looked at the Master, then to the young boy who was staring at the fire intensely.

"He is calm now, but I hope he won't act like he did before in front of the Duke." His voice was compelling. "You faced a similar case before, I count on you to take care of him."

The order was obviously aimed to the Master.

"I shall do my best, I'll instil some good manners in him."

The Master took a sit beside the fourth group's member and removed his ties. The boy seemed to be calm, the movements of his arms and legs were also clumsy and the animosity from earlier nowhere to be found.

"Alright boy, I'm going to make a proper man out of you. Just you wait."

0