Chapter 1: You’re Pluto?
171 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of waves rushing against sand and the beating heart of the sun against my skin. There was no hope in my mind... There's one tree on this island, and it's too tall for me to even climb. My name is Joshua Reeves, and I've been stranded on this island for 3 days. Before I was put here, I was living the life of a mercenary. But that all changed after I chose the wrong job to commit to... 

I've seen remnants of life on this island. It is pretty big for such a small island. But that doesn't change that I'm here alone. I don't see any boats... And I believe my death is close... I haven't had any water, and I'm damn well not drinking saltwater... "Damn it all..." I fall to my knees, coughing loudly. My body couldn't even produce sweat or enough saliva to keep me going anymore. 

"So... Tired..." I fell face-first into the sand, tired as all hell. Might as well get some rest... Right... And rest I did. Forever... Maybe not?? 

 

The rumbles of the ground and the sound of sands moving around me awoke me from my long slumber. The night sky refreshes me and the moon stares down at me from the depths. The stars and their constellations... I thought many beings were looking down at me. As I look down, I see a giant portal in front of me. What is going on..? 

"Enter the portal Joshua."

"W-Who are you..?"

I am Pluto. 

Chapter 1: You’re Pluto?

“You’re Pluto..? You kidding me?” He laughed to himself, not believing whatever this mysterious person was… “I’ve got to be hallucinating since I’m about to die..” He laughed again before lightning struck the island, sending him jolting up into the air and landing back on the ground, groaning in response. 

“You laugh at the Mighty Pluto? You are an insolent human.”  

“What are you even the god of..? No one knows who you are..” He questioned. He only knew the name Pluto because of the planet. 

"Humans these days are so unknowledgeable... You know your little 'Grim Reaper' Fellow? I'm like his grandfather. The God of Death." Joshua stayed silent. He didn't know what to say for a second before Pluto continued to speak. 

"Do you wish to live?" He asks. Joshua nods with whatever strength he has left. "Then enter the portal, and become the one to carry out my deeds, as my potential vassal. I have people you need to kill because they have escaped the grasp of death. And I need them gone." So it was another case of needing to take lives from others because it was his job.. He was used to it... As long as he could live and get revenge on the man who put him in this situation in the first place. "And, you'll be able to get your revenge on that Jackson Smith fellow. So, what do you say? Want to do a job for me?" Joshua chuckled, beginning to crawl towards the glowing blue portal. He groaned. "Of course... Why not..?" 

He struggled to crawl into the portal, but finally, his skin touched the blue light and he felt a sensation of cold and hot as if he were burning his skin. He pushed through, and his sight was filled with white light. His new life started here, and he was ready for it all. 

He felt nothingness inside of the portal. It was silent. He could barely breathe. The voice of a female filled his ears. 

[Welcome, Player Joshua Reeves. The Gods and Constellations are thrilled about your arrival. Please, select a class structure.]

Her voice was rather robotic, and he knew at that moment this woman was most likely some type of robot or something. Before he could respond, cards appeared on his screen. 5 Of them to be exact. 

[WARRIOR]

Base Stats:

STR: 10

DEX: 8

CON: 10

INT: 5

WIS: 1

CHA: 1

MAG: 0

SPI(SPIRIT): 20

<Other Stats Hidden>

He didn't know about choosing a warrior. The warrior looked like Strength and Constitution was its main viewpoint. Which wasn't bad, not at all. But he wasn't like that. 

[MAGE]

STR: 3

DEX: 10

CON: 3

INT: 10

WIS: 7

CHA: 4

MAG: 13

SPI(SPIRIT): 10

<Other Stats Hidden>

Mage also might've been an OK option, and the Magic, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Spirit were all decent or high for a level one. "But I'm no mage. I prefer to fight head on."

[BOWMAN]

STR: 5

DEX: 13

CON: 5

INT: 5

WIS: 3

CHA: 6

MAG: 4

SPI(SPIRIT): 15

<Other Stats Hidden>

Yet again, Bowman wasn't a bad option either. All decent starter stats. But he didn't like bows. Unless it was a gun, he wasn't touching it. Not at all. "Not my cup of tea." He swipes the card away, now leaving Warrior, Mage, and the Other two cards left. 

[Please, choose a Class Structure.] 

"Stop rushing me." He then thought for a second... Structure?? Structure of a class?? That means the outer shell of the class, right?? So he could become a sub-class or a hidden class if he chose correctly!

[KNIGHT]

STR: 10

DEX: 7

CON: 10

INT: 7

WIS: 5

CHA: 10

MAG: 10

SPI(SPIRIT): 15

<Other Stats Hidden>

He looked at the knight's stats and the other stats on the Warrior and Mage and was rather confused. Why was the knight so damn balanced? It was Overpowered if he thought about it. "This is Blasphemy." He said to himself, definitely tempted on choosing the knight. He then looked at the 4th card. 

[DEATH BRINGER](Exclusive!)

STR: 20

DEX: 10

CON: 15

INT: 10

WIS: 10

CHA: 1

MAG: 15

SPI(SPIRIT): 25

<Other Stats Hidden>

"Really Pluto..?" He said, looking at the very specific class that he could choose. [DEATH BRINGER] was a very cringe name, but the stats were superb. All of them other than Charisma..? Why was it so low in the first place? "So I get a head start, but people won't like me or will be afraid of my presence..? DEAL! I choose [DEATH BRINGER]!" Joshua shouted into the abyss. 

[You have chosen {DEATH BRINGER} as your class structure.] 

He felt his body become stronger and he got a slight bit smarter. He could barely fit his military gear now, not as if he could've before. He was all skin and bones. Now he was someone taller. Stronger. His eyes began to glow a small red, leaving streaks as he moved his head. "So this is the Death Bringer class look... Awesome!" 

[Beginning Part 2 of Class Selection.] 

A couple more cards appeared before him, now with specialties that he could choose. He rubbed his chin, looking at the first of three cards. 

[Weapons Expert: Low Class]

Any weapon you pick up, you will understand how to use it to a beginner level. 

(Growth Type Class Skill)

+5 Dexterity Upon Chosen

"Interesting. If I choose this, I can use any weapon I want and switch between them at will I guess? I think this world is more like a video game. So if I don't have this, once I choose a weapon, I'm stuck with it." 

[Snake Eyes] 

You now have the eyes of a snake, now being able to sense heat signatures with your eyes and nose, and the need to no longer blink continuously. 

NEW STAT: HUNT

"Ehhh... It's OK. But not my cup of tea." He says, shrugging as he pushes the card away. He didn't even bother looking at the third one and just chose Weapons Expert since it was the most useful one. At least to him. 

[You've chosen {WEAPONS EXPERT} as your class-exclusive skill.]

[Part 3 of Class Structure may now begin.] 

He smiled again, feeling himself become more versed in the weapons of Medieval times. He pushed his dirty blonde hair out of his face with a sigh before looking forward. He was almost finished. 

[God Selection: The Gods and Constellations are currently looking over you.]

[1 God is interested.]

[Pluto, God of the Dead, Requests for you to become his vassal. Do you accept?]

"Seems like I'm not too hot with the Gods right now.." He shrugs, looking at the yes and no button in front of his face. "Yes." The button glows brightly, blinding him. He covers his eyes in defense of the bright like, and he feels the same sensation he does when he entered the portal, and then the sound of birds chirping and the wind blowing filled his ears. 

He would open his eyes, being blinded once again by the beauty of the sun, trees all around him, wilderness for miles. And around 50 other people as well. 

[Welcome to the tutorial, Player {Joshua Reeves}. You are the second American player to ever enter the tutorial.]

"And I'm guessing Jackson is the first... Dirty bastard. Just wait, I'll find you. And when I do, I'll rip your fucking face off." 

He vows revenge on the person who pushed him onto the Deserted island to die. Jackson Smith. 

TO BE CONTINUED 

[Joshua Reeves]

STR: 20

DEX: 10

CON: 15

INT: 10

WIS: 10

CHA: 1

MAG: 15

SPI(SPIRIT): 25

<Other Stats Hidden>

CLASS: DEATH BRINGER

GOD: Pluto, God of the Dead

SKILLS: [Weapons Expert], [Bringers Rage], [Curse of Revenge]

5