Chapter (25) Clash of gods
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A blue 3-dimensional map floated in front of a milky white throne, a being made out of darkness that seemed to taint the surrounding reality sat on the milky white throne, providing a stark contrast.

Black looked at the map in front of him, it was a map of the world he was currently trying to conquer.

The map wasn’t all blue, however, an annoyingly bright red spot covered half of the primary continent.

it was, of course, the Kingdom of Mana, its area of influence had only grown since he left it to focus on other matters.

It could no longer grow because of the new system update which pleased him, the barrier that protected the Kingdom fed on laws to grow and expand safely for the kingdom.

The new system update had cut off its source of food since the system’s laws were very poisonous to anything with harmful intentions.

Its size was still rather alarming, it had once again grown beyond what he calculated.

This forced him to change or even throw away many plans and countermeasures he had prepared and go back to the drawing board.

Thankfully, it wasn’t as hard as before with the new and updated system.

Its processing power had skyrocketed, capable of running trillions of simulations easily with minimal effort.

This allowed him to prepare millions of plans for every possible scenario.

But, as black had come to learn, no amount of planning could save one from an anomaly, or beings above the concept of plans.

All plans were useless in the face of absolute power, he was not absolute, at least not yet, so he had to work with what he had.

Black wanted to get rid of the Kingdom of mana soon to avoid any surprises, any uncontrollable variable must be removed for his plan to have a chance of success.

He would take no chances while dealing with gods that had lived for billions of years, too much was at risk.

The system was his most prided work, He couldn’t afford to lose it.

Black wasn’t worried about death because, as long as the system remained online, he was fully immortal.

They had tricks and billions of years of experience in dealing with world-ending threats like him.

Black was sure him being here was no accident, he had found multiple things that shouldn’t belong in the current world.

Broken spears with Japanese characters engraved on them, manuals with what looked like a method to cultivate written in Chinese all over the world.

Though those were currently useless to him as he had no way of understanding it, even with the help of the system, all methods of inspection had failed.

He also searched deep into the world’s crust and found the remains of giant mechas.

The technology used in its making had degraded beyond being useable, though he did get a new alloy named cartonium.

It was nearly unbreakable, all the system’s monster bones had been replaced with it.

He planned to experiment with it a lot but now was not the time.

All future system buildings were going to be built with it.

All these things only confirmed his theory, that something or someone in the world caused otherworldly beings and things to appear there.

It couldn’t be the Gods because that would be stupid, calling otherworldly beings to their world would do more harm than good.

They grew faster, always had a cheat, and never liked being ruled or manipulated in any way.

Eventually, they would find out and rebel, disrupting your plans and goals at the least expected moment.

Their stupidly high luck would render all attempts to stop them useless.

Even if by some miracle you did manage to stop them, they would regress and come back later, better than before.

Black concluded that the only way to stop otherworldly beings was to leave them be and let them do what they want.

That was probably why the world had gone through so many eras so quickly and chaotically.

He floated up from his throne; the map followed him, black waved his hand and reality rippled, Black disappeared shortly after.

Black appeared over the Kingdom of Mana, he floated there, undetected, and took in the world around him.

Much had changed since the advent of the system.

The world was now filled with lush forests and jungles teeming with life and masters.

he hadn’t been outside in quite some time he had gotten used to watching everything behind a system screen safely tucked away in his pocket dimension; it felt nice and refreshing to finally be able to see the world with his own eyes.

He finally looked down at the barrier that barred him from reaching the kingdom of mana.

He held up his hand, it glowed abyss black and pulsed ominously.

His hand continued to glow until it began to eat parts of reality, black looked at his hand and nodded, he stretched and punched forward.

The barrier cracked apart instantly, Back wasted no time and dove through a human-sized crack.

______________________

Billions of fully armored rank 3 adventurers patrolled the walls that protected the kingdom of mana.

They moved in unison, not stopping for a second, for five years they did this.

Most of them had stopped believing any world-ending threat would come but couldn’t stop or leave the patrol.

Many had tried but were struck down by purple lightning, those who could resist were struck down by red lightning that was a thousand times stronger.

Over time, they came to realize that the strange runes hovering over them were the cause.

Many tried to ask around to figure out what was its purpose but hardly got anything useful.

Those who knew kept silent, they only knew it was there to protect them and it gave them five years to prepare.

Only a handful of people knew this, the Kingdom of mana had made no efforts to efficiently spread information about the current situation.

They were only told that something big was coming and that they only had five years to prepare.

A sense of dread and unease spread throughout the adventurers, they looked up in the sky just in time to see a small crack in the barrier that closed instantly.

A ripple spread throughout the Kingdom of mana, something changed, it was here, the dreaded day had come.

 

Ding!

Welcome to the system! Integration is in progress, please do not resist, or else you will be terminated.

resistance is futile

 

1