Chapter (28) Clash of Gods (4)
71 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As monsters sucked the world and its resources dry, Black turned to other plans, the world was now his plaything, with the power of the system only growing as time went by, it was constantly optimizing and upgrading itself to deliver as much power to him as efficiently as possible.

With the power he had now, he was far above the level of a rank three and was quite close to rank four, but he didn’t quite reach it yet.

Black lacked something to complete the last step, Black hoped the fight with the gods would shine some light on this matter, with a thought, the world started to change, all the dirt, sand, stone, and rare metals on the earth broke apart in black mist and shot towards a single point in the sky.

He knew that he would be traveling in the void soon, if all went according to plan, the current world he was in was dead, he killed it and harvested all its secrets, Black learned many things, obtained new knowledge and otherworldly information, he knew the world the darkness sent him to wasn’t an ordinary fantasy world but what he learned after harvesting the entire world’s information shocked him.

He found ancient scrips and books telling the tales of beings of extraordinary talent, looks, and strength appearing at random and shaking the power balance of the world, many were questioned about their mysterious appearance and Godly talent, but some refused to talk about it, some didn’t remember at all, but some did talk they spoke of traveling in the void after death, meeting monsters that mocked common sense.

All of them described meeting beings similar to gods or were gods in the void, the gods would go on to tell them about their past life and judge them, some didn’t get judged and managed to somehow capture the gods or God’s attention and would be given a second chance along with a gift.

All of them talked about how the god or monster was amused at their peculiarity despite being pretty normal and simple, they sent each one of them to this world a hundred years after the first one died.

After learning this black felt very uneasy, was he the same too? Just like all the other protagonists? Was he just a project or experiment being run by the true Gods of the multiverse? All these questions buzzed at the back of black’s mind constantly, even though he didn’t come to this world as the other protagonists did, that didn’t mean he wasn’t one, they were sending them here for a reason and he wasn’t going to leave without finding out what exactly that reason was and how it related to him.

Some doubts now cleared, black set in motion some of his other plans, he had about a day before the gods arrived; he was going to use that time to build himself another tool, a moving domain, rank three Demi-gods couldn’t move their domain, Black wasn’t even sure if true gods could, it could only grow and expand, this applied to all the worlds left in the universe he was currently in, not just the one he was on now.

Meaning, him trying to make a movable domain would officially break a universal law and the power scaling system, and he had to do it in a day, having a movable domain would mean that he could split the system and shoot it off to a distant universe instead of waiting for it to grow and expand to reach there.

This would be immensely useful to black, the system would spread and expand much faster than it could do now, no matter the distance, he would still be connected to the system, no matter how small of a fragment it was, he could funnel potential through the link that connected him and repair any damage it sustained during its trip across worlds and universes.

Black didn’t plan on sending the primary system, that would be stupid, he had enough data from making sub-systems to know that it was indeed safe and while there was still a chance that one might rebel it was next to zero and even if it did happen; he had trillions of countermeasures.

Satisfied with his plan, Black put back his attention on the world, watching as it broke apart and transom into black mist.

The dead trees, animals, and bones, all broke apart and started convulsing after reaching a certain point in the air, as more and more black mist flew towards the black point in the sky it grew, morphed, and shaped itself into a massive perfectly sized three-dimensional dark cube; it shifted as blue lines began to appear on its surface, growing until they covered its entire body.

The blue lines began to shift once more, they grew and merged at a single point, a blinding bright blue light began to shine from all the merged blue lines, and a cocoon-like structure soon formed over the bright point of light it was liquid at first but then it began solidifying and hardening as time went by the light emanating from the cube gradually dimmed as this happened.

Time went by in the desolate and now dead world, cracks began to appear on the blue cocoon that covered the cube they grew bigger and bigger until the cocoon fell apart, revealing a slightly smaller blue tainted black cube with a large blue eye at its center.

Black smiled, he had done it, the cube in front of him was a physical manifestation of a part of his domain, the system, joy swelled up inside him for the first time, with a thought a brand new sub-system went inside and began to multiply.

He broke a universal rule, a rule set by whatever made the multiverse he was currently in, he defied them and he was proud of himself and the system, he couldn’t have done it without the system.

1