CHAPTER ONE – HE WHO GAINED THE TITLE OF [SAGE]
98 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

CHAPTER 1:

He who gained the title of  [SAGE]

Shojo could feel his eyelids grow heavier…He knew in his heart that he was going to die… 

Hah~ Guess this is it, There’s no point left in fighting it.

And with that one final thought, Shojo closed his eyes and let out from his lungs, his final breath…The final breath of this body. As his body quickly shut down and the hospital’s white ceilings grew darker and darker, Shojo slowly recalled his final spell…

“[Forbidden magic: Reincarnate]”

CRACK! SHATTER!

Beneath his consciousness, he heard the familiar sounds of the wall between the ethereal and the material realm shatter. And after making sure at least a minute had passed, Shojo raised his meta-physical hands in the air.

“YES! FINALLY, AFTER SO LONG! THIS DEATH SHALL MARK THE DAY I GAINED THE TITLE OF [SAGE]!”

Shojo allowed his body to spin in his freefall, Congratulating himself every few seconds. After slowing his descent and straightening the trajectory of his soul he began to recount his past. A habit he gained after almost losing himself in his XXX reincarnation.

“I am SAGE Shojo. Before my first death, I had gained the title of [Magnus] through the practice of Abstinence of 90 years. Before I died, I managed to perfect my spell [Reincarnation] which allowed me to exponentially increase my wizardry through artificial means.”

Just as Shojo finished recounting his past. A white light engulfed his entire soul. 

Looks like my next life has started!

But curiously, as Shojo opened his eyes, he wasn’t met with the familiar white ceilings of a hospital. But instead with the blue sky.

“What?” He spoke, half-surprised by his present environment with the other half being surprised with his voice. The fact that he could speak meant that he wasn’t reincarnated as a baby which is generally a bad thing as you couldn’t gain as much Years Of Abstinence (YOA), from that life.

But right now, he was relieved to find that he wasn’t a baby. He looked down at his new body in order to gain a more accurate age. 

Height confirmed to be 6ft and above. 

He measured after standing up and comparing himself to the nearby tree. Looking around, he found himself to be standing in a forest. 

Did this guy die after getting lost in the forest? Well, it shouldn’t be hard for me to-

“Oh! Finally, I caught up to you.” The sweet succulent voice of a female interrupted his thoughts. Spinning around, he found a large woman around 7ft to 8ft tall and covered with…Open clothing that showed all of her particularly and unusually big assets in good view just barely covering them.

This already made him covered head-to-toe in sweat from fear, but what interested him most were the two pig ears that seemed to be growing from the woman’s head…And the giant fucking club in her hands.

GUH!? The fuck is this!? Whose body did I take?? Y-YOU ARE INTO SOME FUCKED UP SHIT MY DUDE!!??

“Did you give up on running dear knight?”

...Who are you?” 

“Did you trip and hit your head on a rock!?”

“...Perhaps.” Shojo answered, testing the real intentions of the woman in front of him.

“...” Shojo freezed up as he watched a sinister smile creep onto the woman’s face. “Fufu…Then do you remember me?”

“...”

“I’m your wife-”

“That’s enough, you proved yourself to be a threat. Die.” Shojo immediately dropped down into a stance and in a flash, he sent a punch towards the woman.

Then she grabbed his hands…

WHAT!? S-Shit, how is she so strong…

Quickly, He released himself from her grip. Clearly, something is wrong here. That woman could easily handle his strength while, although limited by the numerous seals placed upon him due to the illegal nature of his spell, is still the strength of a superhuman.

“Oh? Was that all of your strength? It seemed stronger than all your previous attacks.”

…No way, is she something similar to those Heroes in my past life? Those born with unnatural talent or strength? That’s the only way someone like her could…

If so, Then I have to change tacti- “If you’re not going to move, then I’ll move.”

Shojo's eyes widened in disbelief as she shot forward at supernatural speeds, appearing in front of him in a blink of an eye. He instinctively casted a spell, an instinct he gained after many lifetimes of getting reincarnated in times of war.

“[Barrier Magic: Shield]” He put his hands out, creating a blue, translucent, circle in front of him. This was one of his most used spells due to its low maintenance cost and because of its special effect.

You see, The shield spell could only protect against physical attacks with magical effects being ignored. Using this, Shojo was able to not only have a 24/7 physical protection AND not have his spell-casting ability hindered.

“[Elemental magic: Air]” 

Before the woman could react to her giant wooden mace being blocked, she was hit with a gigantic shockwave of air which sent her flying into and through multiple trees.

Now, usually even if the person was a hero. Getting hit with a large burst of air and getting knocked into multiple trees would kill them if not severely injure them.

Shojo watched in horror as the woman slowly stood back up, cracking her broken bones and joints back into place. Her wounds slowly heal themselves. 

She tilted her head to look at Shojo before showing an even more heated gaze. “Ah!~ Knight. You didn’t tell me you could have such powerful magic too! That's it, I’m going to make you my husband!” She loudly proclaimed.

Normally this would be something to celebrate about, having a beautiful woman proclaim that she would marry you. But to Shojo, this was a proclamation of death and an eternity of powerlessness.

This girl…Noone in his previous lives had such a powerful healing factor as hers…Is…Is she an immortal? If so, I have to annihilate her quickly before her healing factor can negate my work.

And to him. This was the signal in which he had to get serious.

“[Barrier magic: Shield dome]” 

As he finished uttering the spell’s name, multiple hexagonal-shaped, blue, translucent shields started to materialise all over him until it fully covered him in a dome shape.

Pointing at the woman, he started chanting; “[Strike magic: Missile magic]” This was the official start of the battle. Multiple blue projectiles shot out of Shojo’s hand, releasing a periodic flash of purple light every few seconds. The projectiles shot forward, destroying anything in its path.

The woman crouched down and shot forward again, narrowly dodging the projectiles shot at her. Before she managed to reach Shojo, he stomped his foot onto the ground and quickly casted another spell.

“[Cutting magic: Slicing magic]”

Shooting forward from the air in front of him an almost invisible blade shot forward so quickly that not even the woman could react quickly enough. The blade tore through the earth beneath it creating a line of dugged up soil as it headed towards the woman.

Due to the woman dodging last second, the blade instead of cutting her in half went right through her shoulder, cutting her arm off. But as the woman was still heading in the direction of her momentum, she noticed something wrong.

Hm? Why is he smiling so smugl-

Her question was quickly answered as multiple purple projectiles hit her legs consecutively, decapitating them through sheer effort. This was a spell he mixed in along with his previous barrage of [Missile magic] –[Strike magic: Track magic], a spell which sent out projectiles which would track their intended target until successfully hit or destroyed.

Shojo raised his hands again; “[Cutting magic: Final cut]”

How was it? Fighting against someone who had experienced thousands of years of combat!?

Her last thought before her head was cut off was; How strong, it felt as if I was a human being slowly entangled by an Arachne . I was right to choose him as my husba-

2