Authors File #4
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonathon Mclaw's Personality

Jonathon is very complex character. I've talked about him quite a lot in the past authors files, but the further we get into the war (Or the closer we get to his death) the more unstable he becomes. Jonathon wasn't always unstable in the plan, in the original story which would have taken place after the original scrapped AWaW story (Which centred more around terrorism and the SAS) Jonathon was a much more noble character. The ideal soldier. Then I kept on getting ideas. The loyalists, Royal lineage, spies, control; these themes all eventually became intertwined in Mclaw's character. Then when I stepped back and looked at him again, I realised he was no longer the original 'good' character I intended him to be. But what he did have was much more character.

Mclaw is a royalist. He grew up a Royal, he saw it somewhat succeed under him and his father. I mention this because his 'I can do what I want' frame of mind was shown quite recently against the US Rangers in the cave, and wanted to mention that is completely in character for him. The next reason I wanted to bring up his Royalist political alignment is due to the explanation as to why Mclaw hasn't attempted to overthrow the British Government yet. His lack of a coup de e'tat in the past 50 or so years is due to his own personal belief that the current view against the Royals is so negative that if he attempted a take over to instate himself as somewhat of a King or a dictator he wouldn't be able to order a hard enough crack down. 

Extra Chapters

In the previous Authors file I mentioned Side Stories. Currently, I have been playing with another idea called 1911. Which will centre around Mclaw's World War 1 era M1911 and its journey from a US factory in 1911 until Jonathon taking it as a souvenir at the end of the Falklands War in 1982. It unlikely I will write in detail about each war and event, but there will be Chapters on World War 1 and 2, Vietnam and its time in Argentina before the Falklands, then finally the Falklands War. I expect this to be around ten chapters long.

As well as this the side story ideas of Soman and Richards have been combined into one story, which will probably be called something like Global Operators: Missing In Action. And this will take place from the Allied counterattack in North America (July 24th, 2021 CE) all the way up until the end of the war (I'm not going to date this, because Spoilers and all). Now we know Soman and Richards are alive thanks to General Black, I can talk about this slightly more. 

Zellers side story is still a concept would follow Zeller, Mclaw and Hunt (Yes, the spy) in the early months of the war. Dealing with NZA insurgents all across Europe, Africa and the States. It would definitely be more akin to something we'd see in the original story. Bridging the gap in the GOU's whereabouts between chapters 3 and 6.

I'm hoping to get a chapter or two of 1911 out by November. But it could also be during Part 3's release. Which brings me onto my next thing to talk about.

Main Story Chapter Releases

As we get into this part of the year I've began to realise I won't be able to release a chapter a week due to concerns that have been coming up in my life as of recent. So it's likely Chapters will release once every two to three weeks on Sundays 12:00 GMT. I expect this to go until at least July, but it may go on longer depending on how things turn out.

As much as this pains me to do, I have to do it otherwise chapters may be more rushed than they already are.

Richards and Soman's Survival

While I will go into how Richards survived the nukes in more detail in the side story, I feel at first this may sound slightly like a cop out of me being too scared to kill characters. It is not. The Oceanic Empire (NZA) intended to capture as many Global Operation Unit members for purposes that will be discussed in the side story and may be touched on once or twice in the main story.

Goodbye for a few months

Right, as I said in the last chapter, the main story is on hold until January possibly 2024 for me to get more planning/alpha drafting done. 

Thanks for sticking with me through these past 53 chapters, I couldn't do it without you lot.

 - J

0