Chapter 47 Case 7 Part 5
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

July 8th 1921

 

It's been nearly two weeks since surveillance has begun and quite a bit of information was found. Both from surveillance and outside research.

 

When it came to the surveillance aspect. A list of names was found of the employees and the fact that there is a hidden saloon in the building. Which was discovered through an undercover agent. Though they only managed to reach the first-floor area. Which is mainly used by potential and new recruits. With the only established cultists visiting being recruiters. Which contained a rather nice restaurant, and a hidden saloon. The second floor is only given by invitation. Agents noted that between the two weeks, around 50 people have been seen entering the upstairs portion of the room. 35 of which have been identified. Most come from wealthy or relatively well-connected families of New Bristel, Though none close enough to any actual power that it would raise red alarm bells. It is still concerning, as among those spotted are several professors, investors, intellectuals and even a few that work for city hall. 

 

All of their names will be investigated thoroughly, with those working at city hall being reported. Though not much is known about what occurs there.

 

Outside of surveillance research has been done on the building with a blueprint being found and plans on how to storm it drawn up. 

 

Though the biggest piece of information being found is the discovery of members of the exclusive club that go up to the second floor. Have a meeting on the eighth. Leading to plans being drawn up to have the raid on that day, to catch any members attending. Though significant preparations are taken to prepare for the scenario of the meeting being a trap. Which Lucia finds to be unlikely, but she is unwilling to completely disregard the possibility.

 

So a plan was set, to wait until one of the meetings then raid at that time to try and get as many caught as possible. With the hopes that one of them squeals in a panic. Lucia also secretly hopes that the cult panics and opens fire on them, giving more legitimacy to her actions. Though she has enough tact to keep it to herself and not let that rather ruthless idea out of her brain. 

 

Today is the night of the raid and Lucia and Alex have just left the Headquarters in one of the agency's cars. Heading straight to the gentleman's club after taking several minutes to wait for the force to organize at a staging point.

 

Though it isn’t long until they reach Fletchers club which seems busier than usual. With the roadsides filled with cars parked alongside it. Which may complicate the matter slightly, though crowd control is the duty of the local police not the Bureaus forces.

 

Anyhow, when the raid force approaches the police speed up and quickly sound the building. While the Buero soldiers and a small number of cops split into two groups. One to raid the main entrance, while the other heads to a back entrance. Lucia is to go with the one going through the main entrance. Lucia and Alex are at the front of their group, with Lucia armed with her trusty Mondragon rifle, while Alex is armed with a Winchester repeating rifle. 

 

They proceed to lead them to the front door. Lucia looked over at her men and Alex before slamming open the door. To the faces of several guests and two familiar faces. Being the same people that she and Alex met two weeks ago. 


“Police, we have a search warrant, to search this premise and an arrest warrant for the owner of this building. Surrender at once and do not resist!” Lucia sternly announces, attracting the gasps of several guests that have just arrived. 


Meanwhile the three employees have three different responses. The man working the coat storage slinks away. The man behind the counter, puts his hands above his head. While the bouncer tries to pull a gun on them, only to receive a bullet between the eyes by Alex. To which Lucia nods a silent thanks before turning to get a cop to bring the receptionist outside in cuffs, which one promptly does. 

 

Lucia then makes her way to the second set of doors, which she has several cops go through to secure the semipublic part of this building.

Lucia meanwhile brings Alex and her soldiers to then rush through the coat storage. Lucia retracing her steps to Fletcher's office, during which she and her men encounter several staff members armed with handguns. Who offer rather pathetic amounts of resistance, though she does admit that they are strangely loyal. As they all fight to the death, no matter how stupid it is. 

 

Lucia soon reaches Fletcher's room, where she promptly kicks the door open. Revealing a frantic Fletcher shoving papers into a bag. Oblivious to all around him, allowing Lucia to soccer punch him in the face. Knocking him out cold.  Lucia then signals for two of her men to start dragging him out. As she leads the rest of her men to continue the sweep. Though just as she steps out of the office, she quickly spots a handgun wielding gunmen. Drawing on her and her men.

Lucia quickly took action, letting off a burst of shots. That slam opened the man, killing him almost instantly. Lucia then has a soldier take the lead as she follows behind him. Rifle raised, and ready to fire at any other enemies that try to get a jump on them. 

 

Lucia and her group then continued on, rushing towards the meeting room. According to the blueprints it is supposed to be up ahead.

Sure enough it was, made clear by a set of luxurious wooden doors. Filled with complex yet enigmatic carvings that adorn the door. Lucia flings the heavy door, enough to allow her men to flood the room. To find the people in it trying to escape through an exit. Hidden behind one of the bookshelves.

Lucia's team immediately split up with Lucia and Alex and several soldiers turning to detain the people who failed to escape. While the other soldiers ran into a hidden tunnel to provide chase. To at the very least learn where the tunnel goes.

Meanwhile Lucia, Alex and the soldiers that stayed took to detaining their men before continuing the sweep of the building. 

Seven hours later the raid is over. It has been a very successful but tiring day.  A large amount of alcohol and weapons were seized. The weapons were unexpected. Nearly 450 guns and twenty thousand rounds were found.

 

When it came to the booze, all Lucia knew was that it was the largest bust since prohibition started in the state of Massachusetts at least... Though Lucia let the regular police handle the specifics.

 

When it came to casualties, thankfully no cops or soldiers were killed, though one got grazed. On the enemy side, 15 were killed and another twenty were captured. Including Fletcher and several participants of the meeting, who have all been put on Suicide watch to prevent them from committing suicide. 

 

Though the documents from Fletcher's room have already given a major lead already. As he apparently works for a group called the Servants of Cantrope. Cantrope being an unfamiliar name, has been put on as a focus for the analysts going through the captured documents.  Which was a lot, as the document included the captured from Fletcher's room along with the documents captured in the third floor.

 

Which was another shocking discovery, as the third floor seemed like a rather typical cult outpost. Which allowed Lucia to make some connections on who this Cantrope was.

Well, the stone shrine did. As it depicted a monstrous bat-like creature. One that Lucia didn’t recognize though she quickly realized that it maybe, the Cantrope that was found in the seized documents.

 

It did also provide a connection to the creatures found in the late professor's house. Though it was unclear on the relationship between the Servants of Cantrope and the late professor were. 

 

Though the most interesting find was correspondence with Martin Vance. The person that Fletcher denied knowing.

Though instead, it seems like Vance is his superior. With Fletcher sending in reports on his success. Though there is very little information on the greater organization he is hinted to be a part of. Suggesting that there is a very tight compartmentalization of this cult. 

 

Though regardless of the information found it appears that this case is over. With the next being to find and capture Martin Vance.

0