Chapter 4 : Start of University
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1916

 

Lucia has been in this world for 18 years and she has done a lot and learned a lot from her but now it is time for her to start college for the second time.

 

But backtracking a bit, after she met Thomas they spent more time together, while Thomas spent some time crushing on Lucia, it eventually turned into a platonic relationship of them being childhood friends. They had also agreed on the idea of starting up their own Private investigative business on top of funding their own business but leaving the management to their siblings since Lucia had somehow manipulated Thomas’s thoughts on the matter, only very slightly. Though Thomas still has no clue what that will entail.


Though when it came to what Lucia did during the time the list is quite long. She published several theories that came up from her Modern knowledge on a variety of topics, though some got a better reception than others. As the ideas will later be said to have been ahead of their times. Though she couldn’t help but admit that they were only looked at because of her family's influence to which she is extremely thankful. Though their actual reception is mixed and it depended on the paper. Some received quite positive reviews immediately, while others took years to gain the respect that they deserve, and lastly some never quite catch on. On top of that, she had patented several hundred objects that combine her modern knowledge and her ideas. Some notable ones include several rifle designs that she designed and then created a company to build and sell, using her modern knowledge to make more money by selling guns and technology to armies in Europe fighting World War One among other things. This has led to her gaining her reputation amongst certain circles as a prodigy in many fields along with a talented engineer. Which has earned the Belladras family tens of millions of dollars and a nearly permanent and prominent place in the emerging defense industry for the next several centuries.

Besides that, she spent time teaching herself in many fields and several languages include; French, Spanish, Russian and German, Latin, Ancient Greek, Mandarin, Japanese, and several others to different extents. To pass the time, or so she claims. On top of this, she went to an elite private school. Overall she just wanted to pass her time which ultimately led her to take up different hobbies such as painting, various arts, and other hobbies or teaching or self disciplines. Seemingly forgetting what people consider as being a normal amount for a child and later a teen to learn. Which led her to be the most prominent among her siblings in professional circles, though her elder brother is just as well known due to being the heir to the Belladras fortune and company. (Though Lucia is still slated to inherit a large amount of money and the firearms company that she helped found.) Though when it came to her personal goal of improving her emotions she has had less luck, though she has improved a bit and doesn’t seem devoid of emotions. She still wears a quite stoic expression most of the time.

 

But now it is time for her to go to University. This time she is going to go to the University of Bristol which is located in the city of New Bristol which is located on the Edge of the Northern Boston Suburbs. The university was founded in 1750 by the Bell Madras family member who was philanthropic of all things. The school has since become one of the premier nonprofit schools that rivals the likes of Harvard and Princeton in terms of prestige and donations from alumni.

 

It has also created a bustling college town of around 150 thousand. Which is one of the larger suburbs of Boston and in some ways could be considered the edge of the Boston metropolitan area as to the North and west of it lay rural farmland. The town itself is also quite large for a town of its size.

Moving back to the University it was not actually owned by the Bell Madras family and instead of an independent nonprofit group, but the family did have a large influence on it as it was the entity that has donated the most money overall. It was also the family that was founded, so the University would accommodate its members to a high degree.

 

As of 1916, Robert had been studying there for two years in business. Now Lucia and Thomas will start attending the University in the Fall semester, Lucia will be triple majoring and double minoring, while Thomas will be double majoring. Lucia will be majoring in History, engineering, and Sociology while majoring in psychology and business. While Thomas would be majoring in Biology and Chemistry. When asked for reasoning, neither could come up with a good answer and then insisted that it was what they were interested in, which left their parents skeptical about what the real reason was.

 


July, XX 1916

 

There are only a couple more weeks left until the semester starts and as such Lucia has been preparing for the last couple of days to leave and head to the house that she is going to stay at with Thomas, while at the University. The house is one that they bought since they wanted to live together, but the University wouldn’t allow all of them to live together on the terms and at most would allow them to live off-campus. So the two of them were more than happy to take the compromise the University offered to them and as such arranged to stay at a mansion that is close to the University that is owned by the Belledras family.

 

As there was still plenty of time before the Semester started, Lucia didn’t get up super early and took her time getting ready and then waited for Thomas to come to her house so that they could go in the same car. Since it was determined that it would be easier to go together. So while waiting Lucia spent the time talking to her parents about her dreams and hopes and her parents told her how proud they are of her. This lasts until a luxury car that was imported from Europe rolls in front of the house and Thomas steps out of the car and heads to the house.

 

After some basic chit-chat, the two of them leave and after waving goodbye and heading off into the metaphorical sunset, they head to college.

 

While I was rereading it and editing I realized just how over the top Mary Sue  Lucia is, which is true. It should be noted however that even though she is considered a prodigy and has the physic that is near superhuman. It is still very human and she will be regularly ot numbered or faced with inhuman monstrosities. That does not care how many degrees she has or languages she can learn. Her intelligence and extremely varied skillset is her best option to offset the physically durable monsters and numerous criminals and cultists that she will face.  Also, it doesn't mean that she won't have her weakness.

This is just to address why she may be individually so skilled.

1