Chapter 12 Case 2 Part 2
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

As soon as the 4 private detectives had finished arming themselves,they made their way to their car which was parked behind the building. Chief Mathews was also there as well waiting next to an unmarked police car that seemed to have been borrowed by the chief. He gave a hand wave that signaled that he wanted Lucia and the others to follow him. They got into their car and started to follow the chief's car.  Then following the police chief to the staging ground. Which was around 25 minutes away and was normally a peaceful field, but was now filled with police cars and police officers preparing for the raid.  They had modern gear that was uncommon for the normal police force, but due to the wealth of the city due to the University and upper class nature of the city. Not to mention the city government's connection to elite families such as the Belladras who sent their children to New Bristel for Ivy league education. Which allowed the city to have a relatively inexpensive source of advanced firearms.

 

The police were thus able to arm themselves quite heavily. So most police officers either had bolt action rifles or shotguns and all of them had revolvers as their sidearms. 

 

While they waited for the chief to come with the hired help, they were planning on how to raid the surrounding building and how to optimally breach the building from which entrances. Though some of the police officers that witnessed the fight that happened with the cult 3 years wished that they only surrounded the building and sent the hired help in to clear out the building. As they remember how creepy the insides were last time.

 

Though by cult standards what the police saw was actually quite tame, as they didn’t participate in some of the more gruesome practices that the more extreme cults practiced like human sacrifices to their  grotesque gods or mutilation and in some extreme cases the cults even practiced cannibalism. Though thankfully for the cops this cult could be more described as an extreme cult of personality that just so happened to get their hands on some books on necromancy that had basic spells on how to revive dead bodies and turn them into summoned Horrors

 

Though the cops don’t know that and the only person who has even the faint of an idea would be Lucia but she doesn’t know enough about the cult to draw that conclusion. 

 

Either way, when Lucia and the rest of her people arrive at the scene they step out of the car and walk, first towards the police chief and then towards a couple of cops planning on how to handle the situation.

 

Once they arrive Matthew greets them”and introduces the hired help before getting down to business.

 

“So what have you come up with yet?” The chief asked the unamend office that was looking at what appeared to be a blueprint of some building

The oldest cop then looks up from a blueprint to a farm house that is two stories and has a basement.

 

“Yes sir, we plan to surround them and try to force them to surrender before trying to storm it from both the front and back doors at the same time with the hired help taking the lead in that as they are undoubtedly more skilled in combat then we are. As well as being better able to handle whatever that thing that they fought several months ago. Meanwhile the rest of us will provide covering fire and shoot any cultists that we can see in the house. Though we will only be able to do that before you enter the house and both the floors to prevent any friendly fire. I know that this is straightforward, but that isn’t anything else we can do. Since we don’t want  this to be noticed by the public, the faster that we can handle this the better. Are there any questions about the plan I have put forward?”

 

Everyone nodded their heads, though reluctantly, Lucia was thinking about something else entirely.

 

 This brings back memories, I remember the oh so familiar situation of cultists boarding themselves up in farmhouses such as this one,and trying to keep the above ground looking as normal as possible to keep it inconspicuous. Though the insides never look more like a military barracks than a farmhouse and most importantly, cultists that use farmhouses or actually most major cults that I have come across in my time have a fondness for building underground structures and I suspect that this cult is the same. Since they had a hidden room in the basement of their last headquarters, I doubt that this one will be any different with their being a large basement.

 

Though Lucia still was still paying attention to the comments on it and it was pretty much everyone agreeing on the plan with the specification that no police officers would join us, for 2 reasons. The first is that the other Pis argued that they would not help but only bring unnecessary worry and more effort spent making sure that the police officers don’t die. Since they would have to worry about the police possibly freaking out at what they see. Along with the fact that the 4 private detectives have trained enough that they form a robust tactical team. That an additional member that is untrained in their practices  would only hamper them. To which the police officers agreed without much argument. Though in exchange, the police agreed that if the cultists shot at them  before they entered, that the police would spend some time using suppressive fire to try and kill some of the cultists or at the very least, try and keep them disorganized. 

 

As soon as that was finished, the signal was given and all the police that were to go on the raid, which numbered 15 as well as some high ranking police officers that were present but would ultimately stay out harm's way, such as the police chief and some of his bodyguards, meant that in total there were around 20 police officers plus the 4 private detectives brought the number of people participating in the raid to 24. 

 

The drive to the cultists' new headquarters took around 10 minutes and as they got to the bit before the house, the police turned on their sirens and sped up before creating a circle around the house where the cultists lived. The car that had the police chief in it was a little ways away, and out of the immediate firing line, though it was still not out of the range of a bolt action rifle. So the police chief could claim that he was still in harm's way and not entirely in the rear of the battle. Though that isn’t something that he has to prove to people.

Back to the scene, once the police surrounded the building the cops all got out of their cars and got to cover and aimed their guns at the house. The 4 private detectives had parked their car in front of the main entrance and they took up positions besides their cars as well.

 

One cop then yelled the standard line of. “We have the house surrounded, please surrender peacefully.” Which was interrupted when a gunshot rang out which grazed the right arm of the police officer who immediately dove for cover behind the nearest car.


The other cops opened fire at the window where the                               shot came from  and after a voly, a cry was heard and the firing stopped since the cult that fired the shot had seemed to have  been hit and most likely incapacitated. Though they didn’t have much time to think as that was happening the 4 private detectives noticed something strange going on. 

 

Lucia and then very quickly the other 3 noticed that a wall was moving next to the door, before realizing that it was a trap door, when it fell forward revealing a cage-like room that had around 4 summoned horrors which the cult seemed to have summoned in case of such an event. 

 

The cage door then flew open and the horrors then flew out of them, charging relentlessly towards that police. Everyone besides Lucia and Thomas flinched before madly firing at them as if their lives depended on them hitting it. In which, in this case it would be a very accurate description on multiple levels, as if they didn’t kill them before they went to  the cars, the police or private detectives could die.

So a hail of bullets rained in on the summoned horrors and soon all of them had been absolutely massacred under the overwhelming volume of lead that the police and Private detectives unloaded. Unfortunately, they seemed to have been a distraction as several gunshots came from the building, striking a police officer in the head, who  was distracted by the monsters.

The other police officers swiftly shifted fire and soon the building was under a steady stream of lead and during that time, the cult was unable to any fire pot shots at the police and even several screams were heard as the walls seem to be thin enough that the rifle bullets pass through them hitting the cultists that tried to use them for cover. 

 

After several minutes, they finally let up, to allow for the 4 private detectives to storm the building. They had not actually fired during that time, but instead preparing to storm the building and face a grueling fight and extremely stupid fight that most people would say no to. As it would be one that they would be extremely outnumbered coupled with the fact they were  to be on the offensive. Though thankfully for them, they enjoyed the fact that they were better armed and better trained then the cultists to a large extent that it luckily reduces the advantage that having large numbers has. Though being more skilled than one's opponent doesn’t decrease how deadly a gun can be. 

So the only thing the 4 unfortunate souls who found themselves in such a precarious situation ( Of their own choice and no one else's) can do is hope that they can use their overwhelming superiority in experience to overwhelm the defenders before they properly fight back.

0