Chapter 23: Case 3 Part 3
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucia and her crew head to Evans' house in 2 cars so that they can bring some extra gear in the back of their cars as well as allowing them to have the ability to split up and do two things at once without having to share a single car.

They then drove around an hour away to a Boston home that is part of the wealthier parts of Boston. The home is a 3 story Victorian home that appears to have 2 floors and a fully done attic.

 

Around the building there are some nice flowers that ecentricatic that the family that owns the property might not be wealthy but they are certainly well off. 

 

Lucia and the others have all thankfully dressed properly with the 3 men wearing nice 3 piece suits and Lucia strangely wearing a gothic lolita style dress that surprisingly fits her despite her being outside the range that people would call a lolita. Though thankfully for Lucia there is no one to call that out for her as it will be several more decades until the book that pens the name and modern meaning of lolita comes out. So most people would be able to tell. 

 

This results in her dress exonerating her wealth as Lucia's dress was quite expensive as it was custom made and designed with some modifications that make fighting and moving in it easier. Also the designs were all custom  ordered by Lucia because no one in the 1920s would think of wearing such a thing ( Well except for Lucia).


Well getting back on topic the four private detectives went up to the front door where Evan had already opened the door to welcome him, as they had their secretary call him ahead of time, so Evan would not be surprised when they showed up out of the blue. 

 

After greeting each other, Evan brought them though a neat hallway that seemed Victorian but also seemed to have an atmosphere that seemed to change the moment they stepped in the door. Becoming noticeably colder than the outside. Despite it being October and more importantly is that Lucia didn’t believe that they could afford or would be able to get an air conditioner. As air conditioning would only become common in the U.S at least in the 1950s. 

 

“ Excuse me but is the temperature one of the things that you were talking about?” Said Lucia trying to confirm a theory that she has about it. 

 

“ Yes it is, though this is the one thing that I don’t mind that much and if this had happened in the summer I might have been happy. Well that is the only thing that has been happening.” Even trying to break the ice and lighten the mood. Which he did as all four of the investigators let out a small chuckle at the joke. 

 

Evan then leads them to a sitting room that they use to receive guests. It has several couches and a nice leather chair with a small coffee table in the middle of it. There is a nice wood floor with a large rug that is in the area between the couches and the chair. That seems to have been most likely to have been also brought back on a business trip of Evans or imported. There is also a tall wooden grandfather clock that looks to be quite old and expensive. Besides that there are several medium sized paintings in the room that show that Evan is trying to show off what he has collected. 

 

After taking a look around the room the 4 then sit down on the couches while Evan takes a seat at the leather chair. He then proceeds to tell them a bit more of the story.

 

Apparently he had gone to Austria recently with his oldest son who is named Albert. It was part business trip and part vacation as he had a business meeting there for his company which handles Atlantic shipping. So it was quite common for Evan to head to Europe to secure contracts with clients. The client happened to be a distant relative of the person of Josef.  So he had the bust in his house and when Albert saw it he pestered Evan into trying and getting it, though when he asked why Albert wanted it so badly. He would only receive vague answers or have the subject changed. So even now Evan doesn’t know why Albert wanted it so badly, though Evan did note that he has a strange fascination with the occult which has been a source of contention in the family as Evan’s wife and Albert's mother is quite religious and does not approve of his interests.  To which she has been trying to get Evan to take a firmer stance against Alberts interest to which Evan has tried but he couldn’t bring himself to keep pestering him as when he has tried it has led Albert to nearly joining a cult. To which Evan nearly had to kidnap his own son to stop him from doing so. In the end promising him to let him continue his hobby if he promises not to join any religion or cult organizations besides the religion that his family follows.

This apparently has somewhat become a sore spot in Evans' marriage. To which Lucia asked him to stop his personal story and get back on topic.  

 

Evan continues by saying that after they brought the Artifact back, Albert spent a lot of time toying with it and doing strange rituals to it. Which has caused his wife to leave the house and live with her parents saying that she won’t return until Albert stops or is kicked out of the house by Evan.

Then a few days later the strange events started to happen and at times mist would randomly appear and when Evan was in it he could swear he heard something run past him. Though he could never catch a glimpse. Also during this time Thomas seemed to be acting stranger and stranger. With him becoming more anxious, more on edge and seemingly the most affected by the events. Evan is put off by what is happening. He has approached it from a logical mind and sought out assistance from Lucia on the matter so he has no concerns that it won’t be solved. Though most importantly is that he is blissfully ignorant at what is truly happening.  


So after Evan finishes his story Lucia asks if she could take a look in Alberts room for a minute and see if she can have a word with him. 

 

Evan nods and he leads her to Alberts room while the 3 others wait in the sitting room. Meanwhile Lucia is brought up a narrow staircase that leads to the second floor. The staircase then leads up to another hallway that has several portraits of older family members as well as a painting of a castle. To which Evan points out that it is the painting that he plans to give her as payment.

He notes that it is a castle in Bavaria that is surrounded by a dense forest. He also notes that the painting was believed to have been painted in the 16th century. So the painting is quite valuable, well that is if it is a real one. Though Evan assures Lucia that it is and that he is fine giving it away, even though it is extremely valuable since he just wants to fix his family's relationship.  

Finally after walking to the end of the hallway they reach Alberts room and they open it up to find an empty room that is filled with books that at a glance are related to the occult. There are also several strange artifacts that are over the ground that emit a creepy vibe of something that is dark and dangerous.  Though Lucia is not able to get a good look when a male scream fills the house causing Evans' face to pale as he immediately turns around and runs towards the source.

Lucia quickly follows him as they rush down the stairs into the 1st floor and again into the basement. Evan then crashes through a wooden door to which he finds a horrible sight.

0