Chapter 24: Case 3 Part 4
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

When Lucia and Evan burst through the door, the thing that they saw was Evan being tossed across the room by an ethereal monster that was around a foot shorter than an average man and was slightly transparent. Though surprising or terrifying was the fact that it didn’t have a form that was recognizable to the human eye so to people it was something that could hardly be described and was slightly  different to each person.

 

Evan’s mouth was agape and he stopped in his tracks trying to process what he had seen. Meanwhile Albert was on the ground unconscious with a large gash on his back and head. 

 

Lucia immediately reacted and realized that somehow the physical nightmare had already possessed a dead body before being trapped in the container somehow. Though now wasn’t the time for her to think about it, so she quickly took out her M1911 that was loaded with magically modified bullets and fired two shots at. One hit its arm and the other missed hitting the back wall. Though that was enough to temporarily stun them. So Lucia dragged Albert and Evan out of the room before ducking back in to take another couple shots. Which both hit and seemed to have done a lot of damage. Though not enough to destroy it.

By this time the three other agents had already rushed to the basement at the sound of the screams and quickened their pace at the sound of the gunfire. 

 

When Lucia heard them approach she yelled at them “ Bring those two out there and then come back, while one of you stays and helps me.”

With this Thomas and Jerry started bringing Evan and Albert back upstairs while William rushed forward pulling out his pistol as well and approached the doorway. 

 

The monster on the other hand had recovered from the shock and let out an ethereal scream, that caused William who heard it loudly to have a slight headache. As well as to start forming a sweet that is as cold as ice down his back. The monster then started to swiftly float through the air towards the 2 agents who opened fire with both Lucia and William firing two shots. Two of them hit dead center, another one missed and the last one hit its arm.

The monster then let out another roar as it became somewhat frenzied as it got wounded and it charged Lucia and William. Who backed up to the start of the stairs before turning around to face the monster. They then released the rest of their cartridge, tearing the monster to shreds. Causing the monster not only to be destroyed but also end the possession of the human body that it was controlling which led to a body that was surprisingly well preserved to fall from the floor. Though it did have around 10 or more bullets in the body. 

 

After they made sure that the body was dead, they went back to the room the monster came from and saw the sculpture in the center of the room untouched. Though they did discover that the only window in the room was broken and that there was what seemed to be a struggle nearby. So that led to some questions, but before that they decided to check up on the father son pair.

 

They did a sweep of the room before heading back up stairs and doing some basic first aid on them. Before calling the police about a man breaking into the house. In order to help cover up for the gunshots that Evans neighbors most certainly heard as well.  Which wasn’t false, though not entirely false. As it turned out that the body was not from a person from the past but a robber that broke into the house.

 

So the story that they told police was that Evan was talking to some investigators about doing some research into a sculpture ( or bust) that he recently brought back as well as to find the price of it. The burglar broke in and attacked Albert to which the detectives rushed downstairs and were attacked by the robber and then shot at him in self defense.

 

The police bought the story quite easily, and didn’t even mention the fact that what they did was clearly overkill. Though Lucia was thankful that they didn’t.

 

Though because of what happened, they had to go to the police station to make statements which took most of the day, though they still managed to get in the final discussion about payment. Which was that Lucia would change the payment with the money being removed and the only objects that changed hands being the painting and sculpture. Lucia said that she wouldn’t accept the money because of the damage that she did to the house. Though Evan must have put his foot down and stopped his son from studying the occult and Albert also must have agreed because of his perilous situation. As they ended up giving Lucia all the objects that Albert had on the occult which besides the two strange objects that Lucia would later find out are two objects given to him by the cult that he briefly interacted with and were thus real pieces of the occult to some extent. The rest of it was mostly fake. Though Lucia had no clue what the objects did. She still decided to keep all the objects given.

To which she would showcase the two strange occult objects and keep the fake research material somewhere. Meanwhile the other payment wouldn’t arrive until Evan can get back into his house and send it out. To which Lucia predicts it will be a couple days.

 

Until then Lucia has time to plan out where they will stay, while contemplating the third case she has completed.

0