Chapter 26 Case 4 Part 1
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 13, 1920

Four more days had passed with relative ease as the 4 agents took the time to unwind a bit more from the last case while preparing for the next one by creating more magical ammunition not only for their pistols but also for the bolt action rifles as it was deemed that having magical ammunition would be useful. While the shotgun gun got a few made to test to see if they were effective. While the bar would not have any made for it as it would use it up too fast.

 

Though on the 27th their next case came in and it wasn’t one that came from the city or police or even the upper class but instead it came from a rural farmer who owned a somewhat large farm, though he could hardly be called wealthy in the same way Evan could be. 

 

Though that is enough arguing on his social or economics since he was wealthy enough to pay for Lucia's service as he was willing to pay 50 dollars and had an interesting enough case that Lucia didn’t mind being paid cheaply as long as it was an interesting tale. 

 

At the present moment the four agents were in a minute of a break and Jerry was telling a war story of his time as a marine. They were in the sitting room as before their break they were helping Lucia think of ideas that could be used in the weapons that Lucia was conceptualizing in fighting monsters. 

 

When there was a knock on the door. With Lucia looking up at it, while causly answering “Come in,” As she knew that it was most likely the receptionist, though she did wonder what the recipients  wanted from her.

 

The door then opened with the receptionist poking her head in the door to say, “This seems to be a customer that is asking to talk to you about a case.” She then left the room to presumably return to the guest.

“It seems like we have our next case, so we should call this brainstorming session to a close. Also I will brief you when I finish talking to the customer.” Lucia says as gets out of a leather set and makes her way to the door. As she made her way to the reception area, she saw a man in his 30s wearing a well worn suit that, while seemingly several years old, still looks in extremely good condition. As it has most likely been well kept. The man has tired brown eyes with what appear to be the begging of eyebags forming. The man's hair is also similar with it being well kept,though the experiences are professional and well kept. It is slightly longer than he seems to normally keep it. 

 

Though it only takes Lucia a few seconds to make those observations as she walks towards the man. “ Hello, I am Lucia Belladras the owner of the Belladras private detective service, though that is only the temporary name as I am currently thinking of a better one.” Lucia greets herself dryly and emotionally flat.

The man quickly picks up on her hint. “I am Henry Lamb, I have been looking for private detective agencies and yours has come up during my inquiries as being the best for my sort of problem.” 

 

Lucia’s eyebrow rose slightly as she responded. “Well then, let’s go to my office to further discuss the case that you wish to hire my company for.” 

 

She then led Henry to her office and once they arrived she pointed towards him to a leather chair, in front of her wooden desk. Where he took a seat quickly. Lucia then took out 2 glass whisky glasses and an expensive bottle of Whisky that was purchased during the Belladras hoarding of alcohol before prohibition took force.

 

Henry didn’t look particularly phased with Lucia’s blatant disregard to prohibition and simply nodded his head in affirmation and Lucia put some chilled whisky that had been in a bucket of ice, into the glass before handing it to him. She then did the same for her and then took a sip from it before starting.

 

“So what can I do for you Mr. Lamb?” Lucia asked inquisitively.

 

“Well I need you to look into a series of murders and kidnappings that have been happeing in the town that I live in. It has not only been unsettling me and my wife. It has also made me fear for me and my family's lives.”  Henry said quickly before taking a small break.

 

“What about the police? They must be looking into the cases since they seem quite the serious problem.” Lucia said, taking Henry’s pause to interject.

 

Henry, sighed before continuing.” The police are investigating but they have been doing so for months. Yet they have not only not found anything, but the murders and kidnapings have continued, With out any word from the police about their progress into the case.” Henry then sighed again in frustration. 

 

As Lucia was hearing this nodded in sympathy as she could understand his frustration with his perception of the policies failures. 

 

“Ok, so tell me when did the murder and kidnapping first begin.” Lucia asked as she took out a sheet of paper to start taking notes.

 

“Well there isn't any definitive date since truthfully there have been strange disappearances and murders happening for over a decade. However the current string of murders and disapperances began a little more than a year ago.” Henry said sadly.

 

Though this caught Lucia’s interest as the case started to look more and more interesting. Though she still needed more information.

 

“Ok, so if this has seemingly been going on for more than a decade, why now try and seek help from a private detective to investigate.” Lucia asked curiously. Though Henry had seemingly expected that question as he had an answer already ready.

 

“Well I really haven’t though of the fact that the diasperence and murders were connected until they started to increase. Also I have been recently thinking that it could be me, my wife or my children that is next to be killed or worse. To disappear without a trace, with me having no clue what happened to them.” Henry answered with a choked sob before taking another sip of the whisky to calm his nerves. 


Henry then took a small jewelry box from his pocket, most likely what Henry intends to use as a form of payment. He is stopped by Lucia however.

“That won’t be necessary, if you can’t tell from my last name. I don’t need money badly enough that I will force you to give up your family jewelry set as payment. I don’t run this business for the money. Though I would still be more than happy to look into your case Pro bono.” Lucia says earnestly, though Henry is immediately thankful.


“Thanky, you don’t know what that means to me. Though please be careful when you are looking into the case. Ah, let this which has the name of the town and my personal address so you can ask my wife about the events that occurred since she was the one who first got concerned about it. I also have to stay in town since I have to pick up a few things before I can return home.” Henry said before getting up and giving a brief goodbye before leaving. 

Lucia was left in the room alone, sipping on the remaining whisky in her own cup contemplating the limited information given to her by her client. 

 

Well that was interesting, the case definitely is something we should look into since something is going on. My senses are tingling that this case will be interesting. Though I adamantly have little to go on at the moment. So we should prepare for anything and pack heavier than we would normally be. Since we may be staying in that town for a few days.

 

After Lucia finished contemplating she grabbed the whisky bottle and her glass and brought both to the sitting room where her colleagues were waiting. To which she was greeted by her three fellow agents in anticipation, that was only slightly deflated when they saw her holding the whisky bottle that was a quarter of the way empty. William in particular narrowed and gave her a sharp glance. To which Lucia only rolled her eyes remembering what a teetotaler William is and the fact that he is a staunch supporter of Prohibition. Though a glare is the limit to what William does.

The other two agents are less interested in following the law banning alcohol and grab a glass for themselves. To which Lucia pours each of them a drink and herself a second drink before putting the bottle on the table.

William is the one to break the silence of the three other agents taking a sip of their whisky’s. “So what's the new case?

Lucia puts down her glass before responding, “ We will be looking into a somewhat long term sting of disappearances and murders in a somewhat small town that. That has seemingly started around a decade ago but started to become noticeable around a year ago.”

That caused the other three to let out oh’s as they realized why Lucia brought the whisky as they all know that this case will be a doussy.  Though none of them make any comments, So Lucia continues inroads.

 

“ Though that is pretty much all we have, so we will be taking as much firepower that we can fit into the two cars that we will be taking. Since we have no clue what we will be facing and I would rather go over armed than under armed. We will be leaving two days from today.”  That received three nods in response with the three agents taking the signal to start preparing. 

 

The next two days were spent loading guns and ammo, both regular and magical into the two cars they will be taking. They also brought several alternative weapons such as a few spare 1911s and bolt action rifles and shotguns. Though for their primary loadouts there have been some changes. Primarily to Lucias who changed her Browning auto 5 to a Mondragon semi auto rifle, as Lucia decided that having a rifle is needed. As it will be more flexible in where it can be used effectively compared to a shotgun. Though the auto 5 will still be brought as a backup weapon.

 

Weapon info #2

Lucia

Mondragon semi auto rifle

M1911 Colt


Thomas: 

M1917 Enfield

M1911 Colt

 

Jerry

M1 Bar

Colt model 1917

 

William

M1917 Enfield 

M1911 Colt

0