Chapter 36: Case 4 Aftermath Part and In between cases
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the following days, the bodies of the fallen National guardsmen and marines were collected and a small funeral was held once all of the bodies were removed from the Brewer Estate. Something that Lucia found quite touching. 

 

Though Lucia noted that the destroyed Renault was not removed and its crew was unable to be easily retrieved. Meaning that the tank was turned into an impromptu grave.

 

Though on the 21st a group of high-level state and federal leaders, including the Secretary of War, the Attorney General, and the Director of the B.O.I. Along with the Governor and the state's Attorney General. Several local congressmen also joined in from both the State and federal levels. Though mainly from the federal level. As both the states Senators and the local representative announced their intention in being part of the briefing. The press was not invited though, as the government wanted to keep the events under wraps until an initial report was drafted. Though due to the nature of the incident the group that was due to visit was just under 50 people. Along with their entourage of assistants and agents.  The main people welcoming and leading them on the tour, are Colonel Lange, Major Mclamore Agent Stuart, and Lucia herself.

 

The group arrived at around noon on the 21st and spent the next four hours being given a tour of the battlefield, showing off the battlefield. Along with the large number of weapons that had been seized they were moved to one of the fields near the building that turned out to be the armory, Which was the central building in the compound. So the group of politicians saw the thousands of rifles, pistols, and other weapons that had been collected from the dead bodies and the unused rifles still in the armories. Though some had been destroyed. There were also a few machine guns that had survived the battle in the underground area. Along with one makeshift armored car which was found somewhere in the compound. Though Lucia was unsure where.

The entire visiting group though the two attorney generals and the Director of intelligence were especially disturbed that a group was able to stockpile such a large number of weapons without gaining the attention of local authorities. Though Lucia pointed out the fact that a local judge and the county sheriff were being bribed or related to Herbert Brewer and that they most likely played a part.  In the weapon stockpiling staying under wraps.

One of the final parts of the tour was the underground network, which did seem like a labyrinth from just the little bit that they went through. Colonel Lange also had a marine point out some of the now-gone or destroyed defensive positions. 

 

Then Lucia spent around an hour giving a full briefing on the event that transpired from start to finish, then answering some questions.

Afterward, most of the visiting group of representatives mostly left, though the Attorney general, Secretary of war, and The BOI, Director were pulled aside and asked to stay longer. Which they complied with without question.  Though once they were alone, the Secretary of War spoke out. “Is there a reason that we were asked to stay behind?” The man says, directing it towards Colonel Lange. Who responds,” Yes, sir there is,” the Colonel pauses, picking his next words carefully.” Some things were decided to be handled with more care. That we have decided that we should limit who we tell about to the people who need to know.”

At this cryptic statement, the three remaining men all remember back to different parts of the tour when either the colonel or Lucia who did most of the talking became evasive when it came to certain topics. The biggest being what Crushed the tank, along with several other topics that involve the summoned horrors.

Though seeing Conel Lang's difficulty finding the words Lucia answers on Colonel Lang's behalf. “What the Colonel means is that there are certain topics and events that happened during this incident. That was deemed to be prudent to limit their nature from being difficult to explain to the public.  Though we can try to explain, I think that it would be best if we just show you what we mean.” Lucia says, with Colonel Lange quickly agreeing with Lucia.

They then show the three-man group which the summoned creatures have been moved to. The three men were shocked at what they saw, they had a hard time believing it. Though after the Secretary of war tried to poke one of them and shuttered back. They believed that they were real and they agreed with the beings being kept under wraps. Orders being given to make sure that the marines, national guardsmen, and police officers may have witnessed them. Are told to keep their mouths shut.

 

Though with that done, the last group departs.

 

Leaving the team to continue to process the scene for the next week. Along with Lucia getting the news that as payment for her work, she would be able to have free reign in taking books from the Brewer library.


Though during that time more official reports were being finished and a report was made available to the public, with the announcement exploding in the press. The incident was in the spotlight for several months, due to a high-profile senate investigation. To determine just what happened and what can be done to prevent it.

The answer is laws to restrict and regulate large-volume weapons sales. Congress easily got passed a series of laws. That Lucia views them as for the most part effective, though they do have their flaws. Lucia views it as most effective in stopping groups from getting guns in such large quantities easily.

 

Though something else that the senate committee focused on was the lack of an organization that can effectively handle investigations. As the police were vastly underequipped to handle the scene. While the national guard was also slightly under-equipped. While the marines were questioned on the legality of their actions. Though besides questioning it, no action was taken against the decision to involve the marines. 

 

So the first talks for increased domestic policing began. As a result, it was rumored that the B.O.I’s budget was going to double if not triple in the upcoming year and that it was preparing to increase its staff to 500 agents.

In the end, there is a lot of talk about a federal police agency, though there is talk, nothing will likely gain steam for a while yet. Though in private, in certain police, military, and government circles. Lucia has gained a reputation as a competent leader and organizer. A reputation that will only do a good thing for Lucia’s career.

Though with that concludes the fourth case that Lucia and her team encounter, despite most of them being sidelined relatively early on. 

 

It took nearly a month of tedious work to do her relatively small part in the aftermath of the last case. Though it was still tedious to Lucia. 


Though as it was already nearing the end of November, Lucia had to immediately shift focus to the upcoming completion of several prototype weapons. Which was created by a team of gunsmiths and engineers led by Michel Egner. With prototypes of the pistol the 21 Dra pistol, and the Bellegar rifle being completed by December 2nd.


In their test trials in the following week, they performed extraordinarily well and plans were made to place them into production. With most of the infrastructure to do so already in place, the only thing left is to create the machinery to make the parts. Which have been ordered in rush. As contracts from local police departments have already come in. Along with several inquiries from the U.S. government. 

 

Though other than that, Lucia was able to take a break from work. Taking the rest of December to relax from the stressful, past two months. Though her relaxation was soon shattered as a new year dawned. 

0