Chapter 40 Case 6 Aftermath
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took nearly an hour of explaining to Chief Grey and another two hours to handle the casualties. Which sadly amounted to four cops dead and another two injured, five soldiers dead, and another six injured. Though all injured are to survive and make full recoveries. Though Lucia wouldn’t doubt if many seek new careers afterward. 

 

When it comes to the mysterious attacks, none are taken alive and the dead bodies of 15 are found strewn about the street. They had been mostly armed with an older bolt action or lever action rifles. Meaning that whoever had ordered the attack didn’t care if it succeeded. So Lucia could only guess that the intention was to get to what was in the cave and to scare Lucia and the police from looking into the matter. Which had failed in both regards. As the attack only infuriated and intrigued Lucia, as now she was determined to uncover the identity of the attackers. So much so that she has Moody on full-time duties, uncovering the identities of the attackers. Something that he has been doing with the full support of the New Bristols police. As they are even more enraged at the death of four of their officers. Who had all been working at the station for years, leaving the police to be just as determined to find the person behind the attack and bring them to justice. As the attackers themselves are all dead. 

 

When it came to the discussion with Chief Grey about the discoveries of the fate of Professor Blair and the structures in the cave unearthed, Chief Grey was understandably shocked and uncomfortable with the entire ordeal. Quickly washed his hands of the matter by entrusting it to Lucia, making the arrangement to transfer the property to Lucia, and allowing Lucia to keep possession of any evidence that was found. He then arranged for the professor's death to be faked, which was easy as he had no close relatives. Who could stop Chief Grey who could obstruct him from coming up with a surprising air-tight string of coverups to conceal the true fate of the doctor? While providing reasonable explanations for both his death and the shootout. Something that Lucia never bothered to look into. 

The only thing that stopped Grey from completely washing his hands of the situation, was the shootout and the deaths of four officers.


Though Lucia didn’t blame him for wanting to do so, as the who thing was creepy and weird as fuck. At least in Lucia's view anyway. Though, Lucia couldn’t help but think of that as a good thing. As it was the start of a new, potentially promising lead on lead on the supernatural world. As while the books that were found take a while to process. They would provide a treasure trove of potentially new information about the occult, that Lucia is even unaware of. Something that has Lucia's blood boiling in excitement at the possibility of new, unknown aspects of the occult that Lucia still hasn’t discovered.

It is also the first major test of the science division, which has been working overtime cataloging and storing the new books found. Along with performing some studies on the corpse of the horrors found.  Though the only thing that will be happening to the horrors that were found in their photographing and visual inspection of their bodies. Then their careful but thorough destruction of them. As Lucia lacks the personnel and facilities to safely and properly perform further studies of them. 

 

Back at the Cave, a team will be permanently stationed to guard the tombs. Where the engravings will be photographed and copied down.   While the fate of the tombs is currently unknown and will remain so for the foreseeable future. 

 

Though the incident leaves Lucia and her men burning the midnight oil daily for over a week. Before the work tempers down, allow Lucia to catch a break. Though with the upcoming meeting with the U.S. government approaching, needing to deal with her dead soldiers and their replacements and several deals with the various countries and police forces in need of her attention. Lucia spends most of April running herself raging. Leaving only a week in early June to relax and catch up on sleep. So she doesn’t go to the meeting looking like she is seconds from falling over from over-exhaustion. 

0