Ch. 2: Growth isn’t just Physical
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a while since that first encounter with it's fans, and the unnamed creature had changed a decent bit since then. From a cube-like black squishy thing to growing legs, arms, a head and even a bit in the middle that it knew as a "torso"; it felt that it had become much better at...whatever it was meant to do. Questions like 'Why do I exist?' were still far above the creature's head, not hard when its height was only 3' 4'. (still an improvement over the 8 inches it topped out as when it first became aware.) 

It was annoyed today. The tiny nub growing out of the back of his torso was itching, its food it was eating tasted sour for some reason and the constant watching its followers tended to do as it ate wasn't helping. So annoyed in fact, that it couldn't even notice that it had never felt annoyed before. All it knew was the outside of its body itched and it felt sore inside.

It suddenly stood up from its meal, only half-eaten, and started to run. Why it had done so, it didn't know; all it knew was it needed to get away. Later it might recognize that this was a desire for 'alone time' but that concept was also far away from it at this point. Some time later, it become tired and stopped running and looked around to realize that there were no creatures near it. Whether it had lost its followers or they'd never followed to begin with it did not know, but the reason didn't matter one bit to it. 

'That's better, if I'd stayed there a seco-' It started to think and paused as a new concept found it. 'What is "I"? That means me? What are the other things called then? Is one of them called U or do they not think this way yet?\ What is a group of them called? Them? Is the word they referring to any other group or just the one's I've been around? How do I even know these words all off a sudden?"

Sadly it had not figured anything more out by the time its stomach started to hurt, which it had figured out some time ago meant that it needed food. Deciding not to go back and deal with the staring it decided to go hunting because 'Food seems to taste better when it's fresh'.

It wasn't too long after that it noticed a group of creatures standing on four legs, although long and thicker than its own legs. The skin seemed like it'd be harder to cut though then any creatures it had met before, but they didn't appear to have sharp claws like it did. "I might only be able to kill one of them, if I run so fast with two legs, four must let them run twice as fast."

It started to creep through the wispy black grass that seemed to be everywhere except the few wet blue circles that it had used to drink water in the past, but halfway to the bulk of the four legged things it felt a presence. As it whipped its head around, it noticed a pair of eyes somewhat away from the group. As it realized that it was one of the four leggers hiding, the rest of them started to run away from him even though they never looked at him and the hidden one hadn't even made a noise! Annoyed again, it quickly rushed at the one remaining creature which started to stand up and run. 

'I wonder if this one was old, it wasn't nearly as fast as the others.' It thought as its claws pierced the throat of the nearly dead creature. "The skin wasn't as tough as I'd thought it would have been either."

As it latched its mouth on the fatal wound and began to gulp down a mixture of blood and flesh, it felt something it would later know as 'satisfaction'. The now dead creature's meat was tingly on its forked tongue, which made it even happier, but as it finished its meal (Because it was full; it figured that the creature could be another 4 full meals.) the pleasant feeling in its head faded quickly as both the inside and outside of its body began to itch.

 

Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter! I'll try to update more frequently once my A+ exams are done with.

 

0