Chapter 1 – “Sensations” (Re-Written)
35 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next thing I knew I was travelling in a tunnel of pure brightness, pure white without any colors.

I'd traversed through the rip in space by simply extending my hand, but unlike other objects it's like it met me with a warm welcome.

However, after entering I was put into a strange dilemma. My body would alter between different substances; water, to forms of gas, to different types of solid. Sometimes, I would be a bunch of different things at once. It was a rather weird sensation.

Although time seemed to have no affect in this space, I felt that a long time has already passed. Perhaps even thousands of years.

But, the next thing I knew, I'd felt the presence of a strange wall. It was invisible, but it seemed to ripple and move like waves in the ocean, allowing me to sense what was beyond it.

As I approached closer, I started decelerating, and then halting to a complete stop.

wooOOoooom

It made a strange sound, but what was stranger was that I didn't hear it from my ears, but directly into my mind. It was like a thought instead of a sound.

I drifted towards it, and as I made contact I started turning into a strange form of substance, atom by atom.

The space started to warp around me as I slowly floated to enter.

wooOOoooom

It made that one last sound, until a mystifying sight slowly greeted me.

It was something abnormal, to say the least. A sight that wasn't quite normal compared to what I was used to.

I didn't just see, but I also felt. I felt the overwhelming presence of the substance that I transformed into.. or well, became. I felt the entirety of this substance, that covered every inch of the universe, was me. I could feel every single thing wriggle, move, spin, breath. Like a bunch of insects that covered in and outside my body.

I also sensed something very strange, which was the consumption of me. It was like every single thing in this universe had been consuming me, or well, the substance.

However, out of all things here, what stood out to me the most were 'enormous' beings. There were only so few of them compared to everything else, but they consumed the most. It was overall very uncomfortable feeling.

Other than the unpleasant sensations, I noticed the amount of different things that were in this universe.

The first were bubbles. There were bubbles everywhere that seemed to block out the substance, only letting streams of it inside; the streams dispersed a little of the substance into the bubble, forming a thin layer all across the bubble.

Inside the bubbles I felt the presence of floating objects. They were like islands, gigantic islands that were at least as big as a planet.

They floated atop the thin layer of substance, inconspicuous of other islands as it seemed like each island was light years away from each other.

The second was that there seemed to be no signs of stars anywhere. This had me curious as how the whole universe actually functioned, but my guess was the substance itself was fuel for everything.

The 3rd were the natives of this universe. Most had a humanoid shape, at least the advanced species.

I glanced at one of the 'islands', and started to observe.

At first, there wasn't anything that stood out, but after a while I noticed that the technology they had revolved solely on the substance. Like their vehicles would 'consume' the substance, and spew it out moving the vehicle. Some individuals, however, didn't use anything at all and simply travelled by using their own body as their own vehicle.

After studying them, I also noticed the ingenuity they had. They could manipulate the substance to do things they wanted it to, like making an object similar to an oven, or a freezer.

I observed that a lot of these civilizations acted like vassals of the 'enormous' beings. It was like there were countries and borders but instead it spanned in the scale of the universe, with tens of thousands of bubbles in just 1 domain of a being, instead of a worldy scale.

Although there a lot of people roaming around the domain, most of residents seemed to just remain in their home bubble and planet. Some islands even being unaware of the outside world.

Feeling the unpleasant sensations once again, an idea came to mind. Perhaps I could take over a vessel, a native in one of the islands.


 

0