Vol: 8 Ch: 94: Dragonball Hunting
68 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capsule Corp

(Gohan)

“Hey, Bulma.” Gohan said, with a wave.

“Hey, Gohan, here you go.” Bulma said, handing him the dragon radar.

“Thanks, Bulma.” Gohan said grabbing it, “Where’s Vanadis?”

“She’s doing some last-minute prep work. Follow me.” Bulma said standing up.

“How’s she been doing?” Gohan asked following her.

“…She’s been doing a little better especially considering seeing what Gero, had planned for her I kind of want to bring him back to life just to kill him myself.” Bulma said angrily.

“…Yeah, I know.” Gohan replied nodding. “You don’t know how hard it was for me not to go visit him in hell and beat him.” He said, taking a deep breath and exhaling.

“I asked if she was certain in getting her memories back, but she said that she needed to do this, in order to move on with her life.” Bulma said shaking her head.

“…It’s her decision Bulma, we can’t do anything but be there to help her when she needs it.” Gohan said as they reached the door leading to where the plane was.

“…Yeah.” Bulma said nodding her head slowly, “Hey Vandis, look who’s here.” She called out, opening the door.

Vanadis turned around to look at them, and Gohan felt breathless for a second seeing her again, especially when she brushed her hair behind her ear smiling at him, “Hello, Gohan how are you?”

“…I’m good how are you?” Gohan asked, smiling back.

“I’m doing better, and I’m looking forward to getting my memoires back.” Vanadis said walking over to them.

Gohan wanted to caution her about how things may not end up like she wanted them, but he remembered that Bulma had tried and Vanadis was adamant in doing this, “Well that’s why I’m here, and I come baring gifts.” He said pulling out the four-star ball.

“That’s great.” She exclaimed, “May I see it?”

“Yeah, sure.” Gohan said, handing it to her.

“…wow this is incredible…it’s amazing that something so small has so much power.” Vanadis said.

“If you think this is incredible, wait until you see the dragon.” Gohan said smiling as he watched her hold the ball to the light inspecting it all over. “Are you ready?”

“…yeah, let’s go!” Vanadis said, reluctantly handing back the dragon ball.

“You can hold on to it.” Gohan said smiling at her knowing that she would want to inspect it some more.

“Really!?” Vanadis asked, “Thank You!” she said smiling as he nodded.

“No, problem, now I’ll drive.” Gohan said getting into the pilot seat.

“Fine with me.” Vanadis said taking out some tools to inspect the dragon ball some more.

“Have fun you crazy kids.” Bulma said teasingly.

Gohan didn’t say anything as he started up the plane, checked the radar and headed towards where the closest dragon ball was.

--

They had found one Dragonball near West City on a mountain and now were flying over the vast ocean, closing in on another dragon ball when, Vanadis spoke up, “…Gohan.”

“Yeah.” He answered, turning to look at her.

“…Do you know about what Bulma found on the computer in that lab?” Vanadis asked, looking out the window of the plane.

Gohan scowled remembering what Bulma told him she found on Gero’s computer, when she finally managed to get into it. He thanked Kami, Dende, King Ki, or whatever deities out there that Gero was dead and in Hell, because if he wasn’t Gohan would have tracked him down to kill him. He shook his head seeing that Vanadis was looking at him concerned, he released the breath he was holding and looked at her, smiling softly, “…Yeah, I know. Why do you ask?”

“…I was wondering what you thought about…” she started saying before stopping and shaking her head, “We’re close.” She said pointing at the radar, that showed that they were close to the dragon ball.

“…Ok, looks like it’s in the ocean.” Gohan said making a note to let her talk to him when she was ready. “Let me set her down.” He said extending the water legs of the plane and landing it.

“Gohan, can I come with you?” Vanadis asked.

“…Yeah, sure, do you have a suit?” Gohan asked.

“Yeah, I do let me get it.” Vanadis said walking to the back of the plane and opening a compartment, revealing a red and blue checker patterned wetsuit inside.

“…you really like the color red and blue.” Gohan stated with a smile.

“Huh…oh yeah, I’ve liked it since I was a girl. My parents would complain about it, but they would always go out of their way to find things in those colors when they bought me anything.” Vanadis said with a smile.

“They sound wonderful.” Gohan said smiling.

“…they were.” Vanadis said smiling fondly before shaking her head, “You can change out here while I change in the bathroom.” Vanadis said walking into the bathroom nearby.

“No problem.” Gohan said, putting on the second wetsuit. He then grabbed one of the nearby masks and put it around his neck while waiting for Vanadis.

“Gohan, are you done?” Vanadis asked, from behind the door.

“Yeah, I just need some help with the zipper on the back.” He answered.

“Great, me too.” She said as the door opened; his eyes went wide seeing how the wetsuit hugged her body tightly. “You zip me up and I’ll do the same for you?”

Gohan stared at her in shock, he knew that she was attractive but seeing her like this made his cheeks heat up, and he felt his blood rushing downwards, “…Yeah, sounds good.” He choked out, turning around quickly hoping that she didn’t see notice.

“…are you ok?” she asked walking towards him, as he started doing complex equations in his head hoping that his erection went down.

“…Yeah, great, nice weather we’re having.” Gohan said, trying to put his mind on something else besides the fact that he found her very attractive right now.

“…yeah, it’s perfect for diving.” Vanadis said, after a brief pause.

Gohan felt his senses heighted as he closed his eyes trying to focus on anything else, but he could hear her breath behind him as she zipped up the suit and he recognized the of smell vanilla with a hint of cherry in the air, which he knew was coming from her, “…there you go.” She said patting his back.

“…thank you.” He said after he managed to get his body back under control. “Turn around.”

“No, problem.” Vanadis said as he managed to zip up her suit with no problem, “Thank you.” She said, turning around to face him, with a smile on her face.

“…You ready?” he asked, clearing his throat, cleaning his goggles.

“Give me a moment.” She said sitting down to check her equipment one last time before putting it on. “Ready, I’ll follow your lead.”

“Ok, let’s go.” Gohan said, putting on his goggles and diving into the water, with Vanadis following moments later.

--

They found the Dragon ball quickly, it was in an underwater cave, filled with a variety of sea life and vegetation that Vanadis decided to collect for study. After finding it they started heading towards Frypan Mountain after Gohan got a call from his Grandfather saying that the Villagers brought him a Dragonball, “Why is this place called Frypan Mountain if there’s no mountain?” Vanadis asked as they looked for a place to land.

“There used to be a mountain here, but it was destroyed.” Gohan said, landing the plane, in front of his grandfather’s house.

“Oh, how was it destroyed?” Vanadis asked as they disembarked.

“My mom said Master Roshi destroyed it years ago when he was trying to put out an out-of-control fire.” Gohan said walking forward, “Crap.” He muttered seeing the Village Chief leaving the house.

“Who are you… Prince Gohan!” the Village Chief greeted, “What brings you here?”

“You’re a Prince?” Vanadis asked, eyebrow raised.

“Kind of.” Gohan said scratching his red cheeks, not meeting her eyes. “Hello, Chief, how are you?” Gohan asked, changing the subject.

“I’m doing well, thank you for asking.” The Chief said, smiling at him, “What brings you by?”

“My grandfather called me, is he inside?” Gohan asked.

“Yes, he is do you want me to get him?” The Chief asked.

“No, that’s fine, he has something for me.” Gohan said smiling at him.

“Is it something for this lovely young lady?” he asked gesturing towards Vanadis.

“…Sort of.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“Is she to be your bride?” The Chief asked smiling, “It’s been a long time since we had a wedding, I need to start planning.” He said, quickly walking away.

“I…I...” Gohan sputtered out, his face going crimson, watching the Chief walk away in remarkable speed.

“…did that just happen?” Vanadis asked after a few moments of awkward silence.

“…yeah, sorry.” Gohan said shaking his head, “I’ll tell Grandpa to break the news to him.”

“…it’s fine.” Vanadis said softly.

“Grandpa, are you here?” Gohan called out as they entered the house.

“I’m by the pool Gohan!” Ox-King called out.

Gohan walked towards where the pool was and found his grandfather sitting by the pool under a large umbrella with a drink in his hand, the Dragonball on the table next to him, “Hey, Grandpa.” Gohan said greeting him.

“Ah, how are you, Gohan?” Ox-King asked sitting up, to hug him.

“I’m good grandpa. How are you?” Gohan asked, returning the hug.

“I’m doing fine, just waiting for one of you boys to take my place.” Ox-King said chuckling. “I’m not getting any younger you know.”

“Goten is more suited for that Grandpa you know that.” Gohan said smiling at him.

Ox-King laughed loudly, “You have a point, you never liked the lessons much when you were younger. Hello, it’s good to see you again.” Ox-King said smiling at Vanadis.

“It’s nice to see you too.” Vanadis said, bowing her head a little.

“Why are you bowing?” Ox-King asked.

“You’re a King.” Vanadis said looking up at him. “Aren’t I supposed to bow before a king?”

“No, you’re almost family and family doesn’t bow to family.” Ox-King said waving his hand.

“…Thank you.” Vanadis said smiling.

“No, problem dear.” Ox-King said smiling back, “Here you are, Gohan.” He said grabbing the Dragonball and handing it to him.

“Thank you, Grandpa.” Gohan said nodding at him.

“What are you going to do now?” Ox-King asked.

“We still have a few hours of daylight left we’re going to head towards the next Dragonball and hope we can find it before nightfall and if we can’t find it, we’re going to set up camp and continue in the morning.” Gohan said looking to Vanadis who nodded her head in confirmation.

“…Well, ok, you two have fun.” Ox-King said smiling at them.

“We will, Bye grandpa.” Gohan said hugging him.

“Bye, Gohan.” Ox-King said hugging him back, “Goodbye, it was nice to see you again.” He said to Vanadis.

“Goodbye, it was nice to see you too.” Vanadis said waving at him.

“Oh, Grandpa one more thing.” Gohan said, turning around to him.

“Yes, what is it, Gohan?” Ox-King asked.

“…The Chief seems to think…that me and Vanadis are going to get married, can you correct him please. He left before I could correct him.” Gohan said face heating up again as he scratched his cheek.

Ox-King stared at him for a few seconds before he started laughing loudly for a few minutes until he calmed down, “…don’t worry Gohan I’ll break the news to him, that there’s no wedding.”

“Thank you, Grandpa.” Gohan said sighing.

“No, problem.” Ox-King said with a chuckle and a wave.

--

“So…Prince Gohan?” Vanadis asked, as they were heading towards the fifth ball.

“…yeah.” Gohan sighed using his index finger to scratch his cheek.

“What’s that all about?” Vanadis asked, staring at him from the copilot seat.

“…It’s just something they call us since we’re The Ox-King grandsons. It doesn’t mean anything outside of his village.” Gohan said shrugging his shoulders.

“So, you’re not royalty?” Vanadis asked.

“Not like Vegeta or Trunks.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“What do you mean?” Vanadis asked.

“Vegeta really is The Prince of all Saiyans, he’s the son of the last King.” Gohan explained.

“Huh…wouldn’t that make him the King now since his father’s dead?” Vanadis asked.

“…technically yes.” Gohan answered.

“Then how come he still calls himself the Prince?” Vanadis asked.

“Whew…that’s a difficult question to answer that will probably be better to ask Vegeta himself.” Gohan said glancing at her.

“Like he would answer me.” Vanadis said shaking her head. “I want your opinion.”

“True.” Gohan chuckled, “…in my opinion I think it’s because there would be no point in calling himself King of the Saiyans.”

“What do you mean?” Vanadis asked.

“I mean what would he be the King of…one full blooded Saiyan not counting himself and four hybrids on a planet that isn’t his.” Gohan explained.

“So, you think that the reason he doesn’t call himself King is because he would be the King of nothing?” Vanadis asked.

“I think there’s more to it than that, but I think it plays a big role in things.” Gohan replied.

“What do you mean?” Vanadis asked.

“…I think another reason he doesn’t call himself King is out of respect for his father.” Gohan answered.

“…I see.” Vanadis said glancing at the radar in her hands, “We’re close to the Dragonball.”

“Ok.” Gohan said slowing the plane down.

“It looks like it’s somewhere in that mountain area ahead.” Vanadis said pointing towards the mountain range.

“Oh, that’s troubling we should set the plane down and head in on foot.” Gohan said, looking for a place to land.

“Why?” Vanadis asked.

“These mountains are the home to a herd of Saurian Pterodactyls and if we go flying in with the plane they might try and attack us.” Gohan said as he landed the plane.

“Saurian Pterodactyls!” Vanadis exclaimed, looking at him in shock, “They’re the largest breed of Pterodactyls known to man.”

“Yeah, I know.” Gohan said.

“Is it safe for us to be here?” Vanadis asked nervously.

“Yeah, don’t worry I won’t let anything happen to you. Trust me.” Gohan said smiling at her.

“…I…ok, I trust you.” Vanadis said smiling back.

“Ok, lets go.” Gohan said holding his hand out for her.

“Ok.” Vanadis said, grabbing his hand.

They put the plane back in its capsule, then started walking towards the mountain range, “We need to pick up the pace if we want to find the dragon ball before night fall.” Gohan said glancing at the sky to see the sun had started to set.

“What do you suggest?” Vanadis asked, looking at him.

“…I don’t know.” Gohan said looking up at the sky, his hand on his chin. “…maybe that can work.” He said, tilting his head to the side as he looked at her for a good while.

“Maybe what can work?” Vanadis asked.

“…Do you trust me?” Gohan asked looking at her.

“I…” Vanadis said, staring at him for a while before nodding her head, “Yes, I trust you.”

“Great!” Gohan said smiling at her.

“Why, what are you going to do?” Vanadis asked.

“Get on my back.” Gohan said crouching a little.

“…What!?” Vanadis exclaimed.

“This is the only way I know of where we can move quickly.” Gohan said glancing behind him.

“I…fine, but don’t go to fast.” Vanadis sighed as she placed her arms around his neck.

“Don’t worry, I won’t I do this with Goten and Ginnie from time to time.” Gohan said.

Gohan grabbed her thighs softly, surprised by how soft and toned they were, his mind started wondering a little when he felt her breasts pressed on his back, he didn’t know too much about the female body, but he found himself liking the feeling. He could also smell cherry and vanilla coming from her along with another familiar smell that he had smelled coming from Zangya and Vanadis when they were around him.

“…I’m ready.” Vanadis said hugging him tighter, breaking him out of his thoughts.

“…Right.” Gohan said shaking his head while taking a calming breath to bring his racing heart under control.

Gohan then took off at a reasonable pace while Vanadis corrected his path while they made their way towards the dragon ball, eventually finding the dragon ball in Toh Toh’s nest where they found an egg. After some negotiations with Toh Toh and his wife where Gohan brought them some food, he was able to get the dragon ball from them.

“I still can’t believe your friends with two large dinosaurs.” Vanadis said, laughing softly in his ear as they left the nest.

“Why not?” Gohan asked glancing behind him, “I’m friends with the dinosaurs at Capsule Corp.”

“Yeah, but they’re relatively tamed.” Vanadis said, “Those on the other hand were wild.”

“Ah, I’ve always been pretty good with animals ever since I was a kid.” Gohan said with a smile.

“…Yeah, I can tell.” Vanadis said chuckling.

“What do you want to do?” Gohan asked.

“What do you mean?” Vanadis asked.

“Night’s falling, we could try and make it to my lab and rest there, but I don’t think I have any food there. I mean I could try and get us some fishes from the lake, but we won’t have anything else to eat with them.” Gohan said.

“Or?” Vanadis asked.

“Or we can go to my house and eat a home cooked meal my mom should be about to start dinner and I know she wouldn’t mind setting an extra plate out.” Gohan said.

“…Are you sure?” Vanadis asked.

“Yeah, I’m sure she won’t have a problem, and she has been wanting to meet you for a while now, so I thought why not now since we’re close.” Gohan said.

“…She wants to meet me?” Vanadis asked.

“Yeah, she’s been asking me to invite you over for a while, but we’ve always been busy with work, or something else so it was never a good time.” Gohan answered.

“Why would she want you to invite me over?” Vanadis asked.

“Probably because she hears me mention your name whenever I talk about some of the work we’re doing.” Gohan said shrugging his shoulders.

“…I see.” Vanadis said, “…sure let’s go.” She said after a brief pause.

“Great, let me send her a message.” Gohan said taking his phone out and letting Chi-Chi know that he was going to bring a guest home.

--

(Son House)

“Is there anything I should know?” Vanadis asked as they stood outside his house.

“…No not really, just be yourself.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“Ok, let’s go.” Vanadis said nodding her head.

“Mom, we’re home.” Gohan called out walking into the house.

“In the kitchen son!” Chi-Chi called out.

“Big Brother!” Goten called out as he came running towards Gohan who picked him up.

“Hey, Goten what have you been up to today?” Gohan asked with a smile.

“I did my homework and then mom let me play outside!” Goten said laughing.

“That’s great Goten.” Gohan said, setting him back down before walking into the kitchen, his mom behind the stove, “Hey, mom.” He said, giving her a quick hug.

“Hello, Gohan.” Chi-Chi said hugging him back, “And who’s this?” she asked, seeing Vanadis behind him.

“Mom, this is Vanadis we work together at Capsule Corp.” Gohan said introducing her, “Vanadis this is my mom Chi-Chi.”

“Please to meet you, Mrs. Son.” Vanadis said, bowing her head a little.

“Oh!” Chi-Chi said surprised, “Please call me Chi-Chi.”

“Alright, Chi-Chi.” Vanadis said.

“Good, I just wanted to say that it’s nice to finally meet you. Gohan has spoken a lot about you and it’s nice to finally put a face to the name. I’ve been wanting to meet you ever since he first mentioned you.” Chi-Chi said smiling.

“I…thank you for letting me eat with you tonight.” Vanadis said, with a smile. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“…You can cook?” Chi-Chi asked.

“Yes, I can, a lovely woman taught me how.” Vanadis said smiling.

“Hmm…thank you for the offer but, I’m almost done. Maybe next time.” Chi-Chi said waving her hand.

“Of, course.” Vanadis said nodding her head.

“Gohan show her the guest bathroom so she can wash up, then you do the same.” Chi-Chi said, turning off the stove. “Goten, go set the table, please.”

“Ok, mom.” Goten said, taking the plates from her.

“You got it mom.” Gohan said, from where he was watching everything in silence with Goten. “Follow me.”

“Ok.” Vanadis said, following him in silence as he led her to the bathroom, “That went better than I thought.”

“What do you mean?” Gohan asked.

“…Bulma warned me that your mom can be…” Vanadis said trying to think of how to say what she wanted.

“…a bit difficult.” Gohan said.

“…Yes.” Vanadis said nodding slowly.

Gohan smiled making Vanadis smile too, “Yeah, she can be at times, but I think she’s still in a good mood since we saw my dad a few days ago.”

“Oh, right that makes sense.” Vanadis nodded, “I still can’t believe that you were able to visit your father in the afterlife.”

“Yeah, its kind of hard to believe if you don’t hang out with us too often.” Gohan said chuckling, “Here we are.”

 “Thank you.” She said as they reached the bathroom.

“Yeah.” Gohan said nodding, “See you at dinner.”

Vanadis nodded her head stepping into the bathroom and locking the door behind her, Gohan then went upstairs to shower when he saw Zangya’s door open, “Hey, Zangya how are you?” Gohan asked as she stepped out of the room.

“…I’m good, how are you?” Zangya asked.

“I’m doing well, too.” Gohan said.

“That’s good, are you done with your work?” Zangya asked.

“Not yet, we still need to find two more items.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“Oh, so are you continuing the search tomorrow?” Zangya asked.

“Yeah, we will probably leave early in the morning, after getting a good night’s sleep.” Gohan said.

“Your partner is here?” Zangya asked.

“Yeah, she’s cleaning up before dinner.” Gohan said nodding his head, “Speaking of, I should do the same. See you at dinner.” He said walking to his room.

--

“So Vanadis, how did you and Gohan meet?” Zangya asked looking at them, with an expression that Gohan couldn’t place.

“We meet at Capsule Corp, when he suddenly appeared in the middle of the room, surprising Bulma who yelled in shock. Then she started scolding him.” Vanadis answered, with a chuckle.

“Hey, in my defense I did tell that I was on my way.” Gohan said scratching his cheek, while his mom and brother laughed.

“Yeah, but she thought you would take a little while not just materialize in the middle of the room.” Vanadis said smiling.

“Yeah, but it was pretty funny.” Gohan said smiling too.

“Yes, it was.” Vanadis said chuckling.

“Vanadis.” Chi-Chi said, getting her attention.

“Yes, Chi-Chi.” Vanadis said, turning to her.

“You said a woman taught you how to cook right?” Chi-Chi asked, which Vanadis nodded to in response, “Did she teach you anything else?”

“…yeah, she taught me a few other things to help her run her motel.” Vanadis said smiling.

“She owns a motel?” Chi-Chi asked.

“Yes, it’s called Martha’s Motel.” Vanadis said.

“Ah, I’ve heard of it...wasn’t it recently ranked one of the best motels in West City.” Chi-Chi said.

“Yes, it was.” Vanadis said nodding with a big smile, “I’m happy for her getting the recognition she deserves.”

“That’s amazing.” Chi-Chi said nodding, “So, you know how to do household chores then?”

“…I guess you can say that.” Vanadis said nodding slowly, “Why do you ask?”

“No, reason.” Chi-Chi said shaking her head, “What about you Zangya?”

“…What about me?” Zangya asked, looking confused by the sudden attention on her.

“Do you know how to do anything like that?” Chi-Chi asked.

“…well, I don’t know have much cooking experience, just eating what I hunted…” Zangya answered slowly, “…but I’ve always kept my room clean on the ship.”

“I see.” Chi-Chi said nodding her head, “Gohan, when do you plan on going to school?”

“…I have the date set for my tests in a few months.” Gohan said pausing in mid-bite, wondering about the sudden change in subject.

“That’s good, I know you are already working with Bulma and that you already have some money set up, but I still want you to get your degree. I’m I understood.” Chi-Chi said looking at him.

“…Yes, ma’am.” Gohan said nodding.

“Good.” Chi-Chi said nodding,

The dinner continued with his mom asking Vanadis and Zangya some questions about what their plans for the future were and a few other questions that made him wonder what she was up to. Gohan had to ask her to stop once he saw that they seemed to be getting uncomfortable, which she did with no argument, even apologizing saying that she just wanted to get to know the people her son spent time with.

They went to bed since they had to get up early tomorrow, Vanadis was offered Goten’s room for the night since the guest room was being used by Zangya. While Goten would bunk with Gohan.

--

After having a delicious breakfast that Vanadis cooked they left towards Master Roshi’s island after receiving a call from Krillin telling him that a dragon ball washed up on shore, “…I should probably warn you about somethings before we arrive.” Gohan said glancing at Vanadis.

“…warn me about what?” Vanadis asked, looking concerned.

“About whom we’re about to meet.” Gohan answered.

“…Krillin?” Vanadis asked.

“No, his wife.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“His wife…18, right?” Vanadis asked.

“Yeah, have you met her before?” Gohan asked.

“…no, I haven’t.” Vanadis said shaking her head. “Why?”

“…well, she’s also a cyborg created by Gero.” Gohan said glancing at her.

“Oh.” Vanadis said softly, “Does she know about me?”

“No.” Gohan said shaking his head, “We told you that we wouldn’t tell anyone until you were ready, and we kept our word.”

“I…thank you.” Vanadis said smiling at him.

“Of course.” Gohan said smiling back.

“So, you are warning me because she might have some questions when she sees me.” Vanadis said.

“Yes, and I wanted to know how you want to handle it.” Gohan said looking at her.

“I…think I would like to meet 18.” Vanadis said after a pause, “I believe it would be good to talk to someone else like me.”

“Ok, do you want to have some privacy for the talk?” Gohan asked.

“…yes please.” Vanadis said nodding slowly.

“Ok, how about this you stay on the plane, and I send her in so that you guys can talk.” Gohan said.

“…that would be great.” Vanadis said nodding her head, “Thank you.”

“No, problem.” Gohan said smiling at her.

They soon arrived at Master Roshi’s where he saw 18 and Krillin playing outside with Marron, while Master Roshi was passed out on a lounge chair underneath an umbrella. “They have a daughter?” Vanadis asked as they looked up as he landed the plane.

“Yeah, they do.” Gohan said smiling at how happy Krillin looked, “What do you want me to tell them?”

“…tell them what you think they should know.” Vanadis said.

“Ok.” Gohan said leaving the plane, making his way towards them.

“Hey, Gohan!” Krillin called out waving from where he was, Marron in his arms.

“Gohan.” Master Roshi said from his chair.

“Hey, Krillin, 18.” Gohan said waving at them, “Master Roshi.” He said, giving him a little bow.

“Why are you flying a plane?” 18 asked.

“I with Vanadis.” Gohan answered.

“Vanadis?” 18 asked.

“…The woman who helped out with those tests you ran.” Krillin said looking at him.

“The Redhead that works with Bulma!” Master Roshi said, sitting up from his chair.

“Yeah, her.” Gohan said nodding slowly, looking at Master Roshi confused.

“Oh, why did she stay on the plane?” Krillin asked.

“She wants to talk to 18 in private.” Gohan said looking at her.

“…she wants to talk with me!?” 18 said, surprised, “Why?”

“…it’s a long story that’s not mine to tell but, you will understand when you meet her.” Gohan said after a long pause. “Please.”

“…fine, I’ll talk to her.” 18 said after looking at him for a few seconds.

“Thank you.” Gohan said with a smile.

“Yeah, you owe me.” 18 said walking towards the plane.

“Heh, sure no problem.” Gohan said smiling.

“So, Gohan, tell me about this Vanadis.” Master Roshi said suddenly appearing next to him.

“I…why?” Gohan asked looking down at him.

“Daddy play!” Marron interrupted squirming in Krillin’s arms.

“Of, course Marron.” Krillin said smiling at her, “Sorry.” He said looking at Gohan.

“No, problem, I’ll go with you, they might take a while.” Gohan said wanting to get away from Master Roshi.

“Wait, don’t go, Gohan.” Master Roshi called out.

“Sorry, I’ll tell you about her later.” Gohan said walking away from Master Roshi. “maybe.” He whispered softly making Krillin laugh.

“Gohan, can I ask you something?” Krillin asked as he kneeled to play with Marron in the sand.

“you just did.” Gohan said chuckling.

“…you know what I meant.” Krillin said laughing.

“What’s up?” Gohan asked.

“…is Vanadis a cyborg?” Krillin asked.

“I…yeah, when did you find out.” Gohan answered.

“Just now when you confirmed it.” Krillin said with a smile, “but, I had some suspicions back when I first met her. Her eyes reminded me of the 18’s. Then when I saw the unknown plane, and I could only sense your energy on it, and you said Vanadis was with you I remembered that we can’t sense artificial energies.” he explained.

“You’re a lot smarter than you look.” Gohan joked.

“Hey!” Krillin said punching his shoulder, “Does anyone else know?”

“Just Bulma, Piccolo, me, and now you and 18.” Gohan said, starting at the waves.

“…when did you find out?” Krillin asked.

“…a few months ago, but something happened when she was released from her pod early due to some error, and now she’s missing 6 years of her memories.” Gohan explained.

“…that’s why you’re collecting the dragon balls.” Krillin stated.

“Yeah, we’re hoping that Shenron can restore her memories.” Gohan said with a nod.

“…that’s nice of you.” Krillin said nodding at him.

“I’m just doing what right.” Gohan said shrugging.

“And that’s why you’re a good guy.” Krillin said patting his shoulder, with a smile. “Come inside, I need to fix Marron something to eat, and get you the dragon ball.” He said picking her up and carrying her inside.

They went inside with Master Roshi and talked about his training with King Kai and Goku, they talked until 18 had come back inside, thanked him, and told him that he didn’t owe her anymore. Gohan said goodbye to everyone and headed outside to look for the last Dragonball, he didn’t ask Vanadis what they talked about knowing that she would tell him if she wanted to.

--

They eventually found the last dragon ball, in a bird’s nest on one of the islands near Master Roshi’s, “How do we do this?” Vanadis asked, staring at the seven glowing dragon balls.

“Like this.” Gohan said placing them all on the ground and stepping back, “I summon you forth Shenron!”  

“…Wow!” Vanadis said, seeing the summoning for the first time.

“You who have collected all seven dragon balls, ask of me for two wishes and if it’s in my power I will grant it.” Shenron said. “Oh! hello, how are you?” he said seeing that Gohan had summoned him.

“…I’m good, how are you?” Gohan replied surprised by Shenron’s reaction.

“I’m well, what can I do for you?” Shenron asked, glancing around.

“The wish isn’t for me it’s for my friend.” Gohan said looking at Vanadis. “Go ahead.”

“I…what do I do?” Vanadis asked, glancing at Gohan.

“Just tell him your wish.” Gohan said.

“Just like that?” Vanadis asked.

“Yeah, he’s always been pretty straightforward.” Gohan said shrugging, “…at least with me.”

“Ok…” Vanadis said taking a calming breath, “I had something happened to me a few years ago that resulted in me losing a portion of my memories. Can you restore those memories?”

Shenron’s eyes glowed, “…yes, I can but it will be difficult due to the nature of your body’s makeup. I must also warn you that, by restoring those missing memories you may experience some discomfort from the sudden rush of memories. It may take some time for you to adjust to the new memories and I won’t be able to do anything to help you. Do you still wish for me to continue?”

Vanadis looked at Gohan, “It’s your decision Vanadis, and I will support whatever you decide.” He said squeezing her hand softly.

“…Yes, please continue.” Vanadis said squeezing his hand back and looking up at Shenron.

“Very well.” Shenron said his eyes glowing again, “…your wish has been granted.”

“How do you feel?” Gohan asked looking at Vanadis.

“…I don’t know.” Vanadis said rubbing her temple, “I’m remembering somethings.”

“What is your second wish?” Shenron asked.

“That is all we needed. Thank you Shenron.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“Very, well I shall take my leave then. Farewell.” Shenron said as the dragon balls started rising into the air.

Gohan looked for the four-star ball hoping to catch it before it scattered, he found it and was getting ready to catch it when Vanadis fell to her knees grabbing her head. “Vanadis!” he cried out kneeling down next to her, “What’s wrong!?”

“…I think…I’m feeling that discomfort he mentioned.” Vanadis said gasping.

“Hold on, I’ll take you to Bulma’s!” Gohan said, one arm around her shoulder, and the other raising two fingers to his forehead.

“No!” Vanadis said grabbing his arm, “It’s…passing.”

“…are you sure?” Gohan asked.

“Yeah… I just need some rest.” Vanadis said nodding slowly.

“Then let me take you to Bulma’s you can rest there.” Gohan said looking at her.

“No… I don’t want to go there.” Vanadis said shaking her head, “Take me to Martha’s, she’ll look after me…please.” She said looking up at him.

“I…fine.” Gohan said looking down at her.

“…thank you.” Vanadis said, as she slowly got back to her feet, before stumbling a bit.

“Don’t, I’ll carry you.” Gohan said, catching her.

“I…Ok thank you.” Vanadis said, looking like she was going to argue but decided against it.

“No, problem.” Gohan said, picking her up in a bridal carry, she wrapped her hands around him and held him tightly.

--

Gohan took Vanadis to Martha’s Motel, who was very kind to him after he explained who he was and that Vanadis had recovered her memories after a risky procedure. Martha proceeded to change her clothes while he got a bowl of water and a washcloth.

“How is she?” Gohan asked, walking into room 21.

“She seems to have fallen asleep.” Martha said, pulling the covers up.

“Oh, that’s good, she seemed like she was in pain.” Gohan said, softly, placing the bowl on the nightstand.

“…you care about her.” Martha said, looking at him, with a look that he couldn’t quite place.

“…I do.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“I’m glad that she has someone like you in her life.” Martha said, smiling at him.

“I…thank you?” Gohan said scratching his cheek.

Martha gave a small laugh, “You can go home, I’ll take care of her.”

“I…want to stay for a while.” Gohan said looking down at the sleeping Vanadis.

“…fine but only until night falls, I don’t have any available rooms at the moment.” Martha said, looking at him.

“…that’s fine.” Gohan said nodding.

“Good, now why don’t you tell me what you’ve been up to after defeating Cell.” Martha said, after placing the washcloth on Vanadis’s forehead.

“I…what!?” Gohan stammered.

“I was trying to remember where I’ve seen you before and then I remembered seeing you on tv during the whole Cell Games.” Martha said with a smile.

Gohan chuckled at that since he was surprised that someone had recognized him from the Cell Games especially since no one else had before, “Where do I start?”

“The beginning is usually a good place.” Martha said.

“Ok.” Gohan said nodding.

Gohan began telling her about his trip around the world, training with his friends, and about many other things like how he met Vanadis. They talked until the sun fell before Gohan went home after Martha promised to keep him updated on Vanadis’s condition.

1