Vol: 2 Ch: 15: The Hero Arrives
364 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gohan kept his eyes closed until he heard a scream of pain, “AAAAH!!!!”

When Gohan opened his eyes, he saw Raditz standing in front of him smoke coming from his body, as his battle armor was destroyed, before he fell forward on to his stomach, “No Uncle Raditz, you can’t be hurt.” Gohan crawled next to Raditz as he tried to hold back his tears from the overwhelming sadness he was feeling.

“Sorry Gohan, looks like I’m not going to make it…cough…you have to hang in there, it’s up to you guys now.” Raditz said as he managed to roll on to his back to look at Gohan

“Uncle Raditz hang on my dad is going to be here soon, you have to…wait until he gets here, he will save us.” Gohan said as his voice started to tremble

“Damn that sucks I wanted to make Raditz suffer a little longer, well to bad at least the Namek and kid are still able to fight, I can take my time with them.” Nappa said grinning

“I’m proud of you Gohan, you managed to grow so much in the year, I got to know you. I know that you will become a fine warrior, it’s too bad I won’t be able to see Kakarot one last time to properly apologize. Piccolo it was my honor to fight alongside you, I know that I don’t have to ask you this but please continue to look after Gohan…goodbye nephew—" Raditz said before he closed his eyes and exhaled.

“Rest well Raditz.” Piccolo said walking towards Raditz.

Gohan could no longer hold back his tears as he shouted into the air, “NOOO!!!!” he turned to look at Nappa with anger in his eye

Vegeta’s scouter suddenly beeped, and he gasped in surprised, Nappa looked excited as Gohan looked at him, “Now that’s what I’m talking about kid come at me.”

Gohan lunged at Nappa and attacked him with a powerful punch to the stomach causing Nappa to bend down in pain where Gohan followed up with a upcut to Nappa chin, sending him flying into the air.

Gohan flew after him and delivered a combination of powerful punches to Nappa’s stomach causing him to grunt in pain.

“What power the kids’ power level is raising with his rage.” Vegeta said surprised

“Get him Gohan, don’t let up, I’m coming.” Piccolo said after he got over his surprise and flew up to help Gohan with a look of amazement on his face.

Gohan hit Nappa with another powerful punch to the chin where he disappeared and reappeared behind and hit Nappa with a double foot stomp in his back sending him flying towards Piccolo.

Who then attacked Nappa with his own combo of punches drawing blood from Nappa, as he didn’t’ have time to block the attack, “Back at you Gohan.” Piccolo said as he kicked Nappa back at Gohan

Where Gohan kept punching Nappa before hitting him in the head with a double axe handle, that sent Nappa flying back towards Piccolo.

Piccolo was charging up an attack as Nappa flew towards him, as he fired off the blast, Nappa had managed to somewhat stabilize himself and knock Piccolo’s attack away before punching Piccolo.

The Nappa followed up with a kick to Piccolo’s back sending him flying to the ground, where Nappa tried to follow up with another attack before Gohan appeared in front of him and blasted him in the face with a ki blast.

Nappa blocked the Ki blast and grabbed Gohan by the head and spiked him down to the ground, where Gohan hit the ground hard coughing up some blood, as he bounced off the ground.

“Haha, Nappa, you almost got you ass handed to you by a kid.” Vegeta laughed

“That’s not funny Vegeta, that actually hurt a lot, he seemed a lot more powerful than before.” Nappa said as he rubbed his stomach and face.

“That’s because he was, his power level shot up to 2,700 when he was attacking you.” Vegeta explained.

“What how is that possible?” Nappa asked looking at Vegeta

“It looks like his power level rises with his emotions.” Vegeta explained

“Really that’s interesting, well looks like in the end it doesn't even matter, looks like he’s down for the count.” Nappa said as he looked down at Gohan as he wasn’t moving, “Hey kid if you can hear me, I’m going to send you to go see you dear Uncle Raditz very soon. Haha.” Nappa laughed as he flew down to attack Gohan.

Gohan managed to turn around on to his back as he saw Nappa flying down to attack him, when Piccolo appeared and kicked Nappa in the chest sending him flying.

“Sorry, that’s not going to happen, not while I’m still around.” Piccolo said panting as he stood in front of Gohan

“I almost forgot about you Namek, but I’m no longer interested in you that kid is the best fight I’ve had on this planet, so why don’t you step aside and let me kill him. No better yet, he cares about you a lot so if I kill you his power level should rise even more, and I’ll have an even better fight.” Nappa said with a smile as he got back up.

“Mi—ster Piccolo please leave I can’t lose you too.” Gohan said as he tried to get up, but he fell back down groaning in pain.

“Sorry kid, I can’t do that.” Piccolo said looking down at Gohan

Piccolo lunged towards Nappa and started his attack, Piccolo punched Nappa who blocked it with his forearm then Nappa countered with a kick which Piccolo blocked with his knee.

They continued trading blows, until Piccolo slowly got tired, and his attacks started to lose power.

Nappa then overpowered Piccolo; Nappa started to land more powerful punches on Piccolo causing him cough up blood as each hit landed. Until Piccolo fell on to the ground and couldn’t move anymore.

“Aw man looks like I killed him.” Nappa said as he stood over Piccolos body looking down at it before picking it up.

“Mister Piccolo…no” Gohan said as he got back up.

“Oh, looks like the kid is up for another round, that’s perfect.” Nappa said as he looked at Gohan before dropping Piccolo on the ground and stepping over him and heading towards Gohan. “Come on kid you are the last one standing you better make this last count. This is your last chance.” Nappa said grinning

Piccolo suddenly jumped up and grabbed Nappa from behind, he elongated his arms and legs around Nappas arms and legs and put him in a full nelson stopping Nappa.

“Gohan, I want you to blast us with that new technique I showed you, I won’t be able to hold him for long it’s the only way to take him down don’t worry about me I will be ok.” Piccolo said as he struggled to hold on to Nappa.

“What I can’t move let go of me Namek, what are you guys’ planning.” Nappa said as he struggled to shake Piccolo off

“O… ok Mister Piccolo.” Gohan said as he put two fingers too his center of forehead, as energy and lighting started to gather at the point where his two fingers were touching his forehead.

“What… 3,000…no…5,600, Nappa stop playing around and get loose if that attack hits you are done for.” Vegeta shouted

“I’m trying Vegeta, but I can’t.” Nappa shouted as he struggled with Piccolo

“Sorry but I’m not letting you go.” Piccolo said

“You are a fool, if that attack hit then we both will die.” Nappa said

“No, you will die but I won’t, I can regenerate.” Piccolo whispered to Nappa as he struggled to hold on to Nappa.

Gohan slowly took off his finger from his head as a ball of yellow and blue electricity was at the end of it, “It’s ready Mister Piccolo… Special Beam Cannon!!” Gohan shouted as pointed his fingers at Nappa and fired a spiraling beam of energy as it flew towards Piccolo and Nappa.

The blast lifted them off the ground as it made impact with Nappa’s chest, and it went through him and into Piccolo behind him. The beam left a hole in both Nappa and Piccolo as they both spat out a blood, as they both fell to the ground.

After the attack Gohan fell on to his hands and knees panting after using the last bit of his energy. Suddenly a gust of wind passed by, and Gohan was sitting on the Nimbus cloud

“Nimbus?” Gohan looked up and saw his dad looking down at him, “Daddy, you’re here.” Gohan said with a big smile on his face.

“Cough…cough…you sure took your sweet time Goku.” Piccolo said looking up from the ground.

“Goku, you made it.” Krillin said from the ground where he landed after being attacked by Nappa earlier as he was unable to move.

“Tien, Yamcha…and Raditz?” Goku said as he looked around at everyone who had died, he clenched his fist in anger; “Piccolo hang in there.” Goku said as he disappeared and reappeared next to Piccolo and picked him up to disappear and reappear next to Gohan as he walked towards Krillin, carrying Piccolo.

“Sorry I was late guys, I brought a Senzu Bean, but there is not enough for everyone there is only one left, I’m sorry.” Goku said as he held a small green bean in his palm.

“If it’s the last one then you should keep it then, you going to need it against the last saiyan. The bald one took almost all of us out, if I hadn’t taught Gohan the Special Beam Canon, he would still be alive and kicking. Don’t worry about me this hole should heal up soon, but I won’t be any help for a while.” Piccolo said.

“I might need your help later so please take it; this might not help much, but it should help a little” Goku said as he split the bean into three small pieces handing each one a piece.

“Thanks, Goku, we should really learn how to grow those beans.” Krillin said as he, Piccolo and Gohan got back up after eating their piece of Senzu bean.

“You have gotten stronger Krillin and you too Gohan, I can tell that you trained really hard.” Goku said looking at Gohan

“Yeah dad, Piccolo, and Uncle Raditz trained me and taught me a lot of things, but now he’s gone. Uncle Raditz died protecting me, it’s up to us to bring him back dad.” Gohan said looking at his dad.

“Yeah, I wanted to ask about that I thought he died, how did he come back?” Goku asked looking back at Raditz

“Kami brought him back with the dragon balls, to help me train Gohan, said that he would be of great help to us, guess the old man was right.” Piccolo said looking at Raditz

“Huh, I guess he wasn’t that bad after all. Piccolo how strong is the little guy?” Goku asked

“I don’t know, Raditz said out of the three of them the little guy was the strongest of them, and we struggled fighting the big one, the big guy followed his orders, so that must mean that he is a lot stronger.” Piccolo said looking at Vegeta

“Cough…cough…. Vegeta.” Nappa said as he reached out a hand to Vegeta

Vegeta looked at Nappa before smiling and blasting him with an energy blast killing Nappa.

“Well, Kakarot looks like you made it, too bad most of your friends died. Well expect that one that killed himself. It took everything your team had to take out Nappa, I’m surprised he was still alive after that attack. That’s why I decided to put him out of his misery.” Vegeta laughed

“What… a monster he killed his own ally.” Goku said shocked at what Vegeta did

“Yeah, he’s ruthless, that’s why you are going to need help fighting him.” Piccolo said looking at Vegeta

“No, I want to fight him on my own, that Senzu bean helped you guys heal but not by much, leave this to me.” Goku said as he walked towards Vegeta

“I understand Goku, but we will recover our strength to help you just in case things go south alright.” Piccolo said

“Yeah, that’s fine with me; Let’s move this battle somewhere else.” Goku said to Vegeta as he walked up to him

“That’s fine with me.” Vegeta said as they both flew away.

____

(AN: Yeah, I know I brought Raditz back just to kill him again, but I felt like this was a moment that I needed to write, to show that in the end Raditz cared more about his family. I had Gohan learn the Special Beam Canon because I always thought it was weird that he never learned it, Piccolo has been known to be able to heal almost all wounds if his head is still intact. My original plan was to have Raditz put Nappa in a Full Nelson, but then I thought it would be better for Piccolo to use the Namekian elongation powers to trap Nappa so that Gohan could use the Special Beam Canon, Vegeta didn’t help because we all know how ruthless he was in this saga, but also, he wasn’t able to get there in time. I could have had made Goku have more Senzu beans but I decided against it because that’s not what I have planned.)

9