Vol: 2 Ch: 19: Preparation
354 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

November 5th, Hospital

Krillin had left the room to talk to Bulma, Gohan was sitting the hospital bed studying, while his mother sitting next to him humming and peeling an apple, “Here you go son, eat up so that you can get better.” Chi-Chi said as she handed Gohan the apple.

“Good news, Goku, Bulma found Kami’s spaceship, she said it works great and that it took her to Jupiter and back, her dad is fixing it up now.” Krillin said as he came into the after talking to Bulma on the phone, later when Krillin and Goku fell asleep, and Chi-Chi had left the room Gohan decided to leave the room.

Gohan decided to go outside and train, he was hanging from the edge of a balcony doing some pull-ups, after he was done he decided to train his balance, by walking on the railing of the roof of the hospital, he kept his arms out to his side to help him stay balanced, he then jumped off the railing and did a somersault in the air and landed on the roof of the hospital, “I knew, I was getting better.” Gohan said with a smile.

“Gohan…Gohan…where are you?” Gohan heard his mother calling for him, he quickly took out the book he was studying earlier and sat down on the air condition unit that was on the roof of the building, right as his mother opened the door leading to the roof, “Gohan, I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” Chi-Chi said sternly

“I thought some fresh air would do me good mom.” Gohan said looking his mom, “You had me worried son, you should have let someone know where you were going. Now let’s head back to the room, hop on, and don’t give me any problems.” Chi-Chi said as she crouched down to give Gohan a piggyback ride. Gohan knew better than to argue with his mom, so he let her carry him back to the room.

--

Later, Bulma came back and told everyone about Kami’s spaceship, “We still have a few repairs to make, but we should be able to make it to Namek in two months’ time, if everything is works out, we should be able to leave in about a week.” Bulma said happily, everyone else replied happily at the good news.

 “Yeah, with Mister Popo’s help I was able to find a ship, and with his help I will be able to find the dragon balls as well.” Bulma said with a wide smile as she turned to look at Mister Popo,

“Yeah, that’s not happening, I’m not leaving the lookout.” Mister Popo said looking at her.

“What… but how are we going to start the ship, it only responds to Namekian.” Bulma said,

“I will teach you the words.” Mister Popo said

“Fine, but I’m not going alone, Goku can’t make it, and the only other good fighter here is Krillin, so Krillin are you coming with me?” Bulma asked looking at him with a hopeful expression.

“I need training, we could be attacked, I need to be ready.” Krillin said,

“Krillin, you could train once you get to Namek.” Goku said looking at Krillin,

“Fine, you’re right, once I get back, I want to spar with you ok Goku.” Krillin said

Gohan was sitting down thinking while everyone was talking before, he came to a decision, “Mom…I want to go to Namek, with Bulma and Krillin.” Gohan said looking at his mom,

“Gohan, you don’t want to leave me alone for two months, do you?” Chi-Chi said as she looked at Gohan.

“Mom, dad will be here with you, and I need to do this please mom.” Gohan said looking at mom, “I want to do everything I can to bring back Piccolo and Raditz mom, they both died protecting me.” Gohan said looking down at his hands.

“Chi-Chi let him go.” Goku said smiling at Gohan,

“No, you left me alone for a year to train and I let you but then you were badly injured, you should be doing normal kid things, like making friends, and playing sports, instead of trying to be a hero. You are not going; you are going to stay here and continue your studies like a good kid.” Chi-Chi started to get angry

“I’M GOING MOM, ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD AND I WANT TO BRING THEM BACK!!!” Gohan shouted,

“Oh, I like this kid.” Mister Popo said looking at Gohan with a wide smile.

“Mom, please I need to do this.” Gohan said looking into his moms’ eyes,

“…fine Gohan, but I want you to be safe, Bulma, Krillin please look after him.” Chi-Chi said sighing,

“You got it Chi-Chi. Everyone let’s meet up in 10 days ok.” Bulma said

--

Gohan was sitting on a chair next to his dad’s bed while his mom went over his homework, and Krillin was asleep in his own bed, “Hey, Gohan can you tell me about how you trained this past year.” Goku asked looking at Gohan.

“Yeah, dad.” Gohan said excitedly, as he went on to explain everything Piccolo and Raditz taught him over the last year, how tough the training was and how much he learned from them.

“Wow no wonder you got so strong son, I’m proud of you, but you shouldn’t stop training, if you want to get stronger son. How, about once I get better, we spar to see how much stronger you are.” Goku said looking at Gohan with a smile.

“Enough talking about training and fighting, can’t you guys talk about something else, something normal, I’m letting Gohan go to Namek and I don’t want to worry anymore than I am.” Chi-Chi said looking at the two with a frown.

“Sorry.” They both said, “Hey dad Uncle Raditz told me everything that he could remember about my grandparents.” Gohan said changing the topic, looking at his dad.

“Hold on, Gohan let me finish checking your homework, now this is something I want to hear about.” Chi-Chi said as she continued to check Gohan’s homework. “Ok, you did really well Gohan, now lets here about your grandparents.” Chi-Chi said putting down Gohan’s homework. Gohan then went on to tell his parents everything that Raditz told him about his grandparents.

“Wow that’s incredible, Goku it looks like your parents were good people just like you, I would have liked to meet them. I even feel a little bad for your brother, he probably suffered a lot at the hands of those two other saiyans. I guess I can forgive him when you guys bring him back.” Chi-Chi said.

 “Bardock and Gine…Yeah, they sound very nice it’s too bad I can’t remember anything about them. I’m looking forward to seeing my brother a lot more now.” Goku said with a smile.

---

November 7th,

Gohan and Krillin were given a clean bill of health and were finally allowed to leave the hospital, “Chi-Chi if you want, I can train Gohan as I train Krillin before they leave.” Master Roshi said as he, Gohan, Krillin, and Chi-Chi were standing outside the hospital.

“If Gohan is going to be gone for two months, then he needs to catch up on all the homework, he missed last year and he is also going to have to study ahead.” Chi-Chi said looking at Gohan, “Bulma said you guys leave in 10 days then I want him studying for 5 and then… even though I don’t want him to he will be able to go to your house to train for the last 5 days. This isn’t negotiable.” Chi-Chi said looking at Master Roshi, who just nodded his head.

“Mom I can do my homework on the way to Namek, it will take us two months to get there. That way I will have something to do. Also, I don’t have any more homework left from last year, I already finished it all. Remember you checked it all.” Gohan said

“Fine…Gohan, you are right you did really catch up with all your homework, you can train with Master Roshi and Krillin. However, I’m going to pick you up the day before so that we you can get you nice and presentable.” Chi-Chi said.

_____

(AN: I originally wanted to write about Gohan’s training with Master Roshi and Krillin, but I decided against it since, I felt like 10 days wasn’t enough time for Gohan to learn anything major so, I will summarize what Gohan did, he learned the Kamehameha, he sparred with Krillin, and he got some decent advice from Master Roshi. Since Gohan and Krillin spent their most of their time sparring this means that their power levels will be slightly higher than they were in the anime. The next chapter is going to be the end of the Vegeta saga, it will be about their two months traveling in space, there will be _NO Fake Namek! __.)

8