Vol: 5 Ch: 42: Training and a Party
198 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Age 763, October

 

Gohan had finished his homework for the day as went to his mom who was outside hanging the laundry, “Mom I finished all my homework for today, I left it on the kitchen table for you. I’m going to Uncle Raditz house to go train with him.” Gohan said as he helped her put the clothes on the clothing line.

“That’s fine Gohan as long as you remember our deal; you can keep training as long as it doesn’t interfere with your studies. Once it starts affecting your studies, I’m putting a stop to all that training. I want more for you out of life, I want you to become someone I can be proud of and that is respected. Tell your uncle I said hello.” Chi-Chi said

“Ok mom bye.” Gohan said as he started running towards Raditz’s house which was a few minutes away if Gohan flew across the river that separated their houses. Gohan decided to take the long way around to the house, he ran on the dirt path that led to his house into the forest. Gohan jumped into trees and swung on branches; he would jump from branch to branch as he made his way towards Raditz’s.

Gohan had reached Raditz house a white dome capsule house that the Ox-King had given Raditz when he met him and found out he was Goku’s brother. Raditz was outside stretching as he looked up and saw Gohan approaching, “Hey, Gohan I noticed that you took the long way around, today.” Raditz said with a smile as he finished stretching.

“Yeah, I decided to change things up, Oh, my mom sends her greetings.” Gohan said as he started stretching as well

“I should stop by and greet her after we finish training, so why did you decide to train with me this week instead of Piccolo, not that I mind spending time with you.” Raditz said

“Piccolo said that he had to go do something and that he wouldn’t be able to train with me for a while. Also, I want to try and become a Super Saiyan like my dad and I believe that training with another saiyan is the best way.” Gohan said looking at Raditz

“Yeah, I guess that’s true, the best way for us to become Super Saiyans is to train with each other especially since your father hasn’t come back yet. Also, Vegeta wouldn’t want to train with either of us, since he believes himself better than us.” Raditz said

“Haha yeah, that’s true he also hasn’t come back after leaving four months ago.” Gohan said

“Haha… I still can’t believe that my baby brother became the legendary Super Saiyan, I wish I could have seen the look on Vegeta’s face when he found out that a low-class warrior became a Super Saiyan before the Prince of the saiyans.” Raditz laughed 

“Ok, I’m ready.” Gohan said as he finished stretching and looked at Raditz

“Good, let’s move, I don’t want to damage the house.” Raditz said as they flew looking for a place to spar. “This should be a good place.” Raditz said pointing to an open field as he flew down and landed.

Gohan landed in front of him as they looked at each other, Gohan then flew towards Raditz as he jumped backwards. Gohan fired an energy blast at Raditz who knocked it away, Gohan vanished and appeared behind Raditz as Gohan tried to kick him in the back.

Raditz jumped into the air to dodge as he tried to kick Gohan in the face, but Gohan dodged it, by flipping backwards, until he put some distance between him and Raditz. Raditz appeared in front Gohan as he punched Gohan in the stomach while Gohan used an uppercut. They were both sent flying as they landed on the ground and dusted themselves off.

“That was good, you have grown a lot stronger since the last time we trained, well with everything you faced on Namek, I shouldn’t be surprised.” Raditz said

“Yeah, but you trained with King Kai, so we are pretty evenly matched.” Gohan said looking at Raditz 

“No, Gohan you are stronger than me right now the only reason I managed to hit you is because I have a lot more battle experience than you. Gohan, you need to remember that being stronger, or faster than someone will not always lead to a victory. You can be outsmarted by someone if they have the experience and also if you underestimate them, that’s what happened with my fight against your dad and Piccolo. I knew I was stronger than both of them, but I never expected that your dad would sacrifice himself to get rid of me.” Raditz said with a small smile.

“Ok, I understand, Piccolo tells me the same thing.” Gohan said looking at Raditz, “Let’s go again.” Gohan said

“Ok, I’m ready whenever you are.” Raditz said as they both rushed towards each other and started punching each other.

Gohan would punch Raditz as he blocked the attacks and then Raditz would return the punches as Gohan would block those. Raditz then launched a ki blast at Gohan as Gohan knocked it away and tried and fire his own, but he saw Raditz who was charging towards Gohan behind the attack.

Gohan jumped forward and met Raditz’s punch with his own as the two fists clashed there was a strong shockwave from the impact, that sent the birds nearby flying away in fright. Raditz then tried to punch Gohan with his other fist as Gohan caught it with an open palm.

Raditz smiled at him as he headbutted Gohan, causing Gohan to let go, Raditz then kicked Gohan in the stomach sending him flying backwards. Raditz flew after him, “Saturday Crush!” Raditz launched his attack.

“Saturday Crush!” Gohan responded with his own the two attacks canceled each other out in an explosion of light and smoke. Gohan then fired a second attack and used the smoke as cover as he hid his power level and ran to the forest nearby to hide and try to ambush Raditz.

Once the smoke cleared Raditz emerged looking for Gohan, “You moved the battle to a more convenient location, for yourself and are trying to set an ambush, very good Gohan.” Raditz said as he flew into the forest looking for Gohan.

Gohan was hiding inside a tree that had two openings large enough for him to fit in, one at ground level and another one higher up, Gohan climbed up to the second hole by hand, as he climbed out, he saw Raditz passing underneath him looking for him.

Gohan then chopped a branch causing it to fall behind Raditz as Gohan used the distraction to jump to another branch as Raditz fired an energy blast at where the branch landed. Gohan then jumped from the branch and kicked Raditz in the back sending him flying, “Masenko Ha!” Gohan shouted as he fired the attack at Raditz sending him flying out of the forest.

Before Gohan, could follow up with another attack he heard his mother calling for him, “Gohan there you are.” Chi-Chi said as she was flying on the Nimbus cloud she landed in front of Gohan and Raditz.

“Hey, mom what’s going on?” Gohan said as Raditz got up and walked towards them.

“Hello, Chi-Chi, is something wrong?” Raditz asked as Chi-Chi jumped off the Nimbus cloud

“No, nothing is wrong it’s just that I got a call from Master Roshi, inviting all of us to a party, and I thought it would be good for us to go, that means you too Raditz.” Chi-Chi said looking at Raditz sternly

“… Ok I’ll go with you too.” Raditz said rubbing the back of his head

“Good, my dad is on his way to pick us up in a plane. Come on Gohan you need to get cleaned and dressed for the party. Raditz once you are ready come to the house so that we can all leave together.” Chi-Chi said as she jumped back on Nimbus

“Right, I’ll see you soon. Good job today Gohan we’ll continue some other day.” Raditz said as he flew off waving

“Whose party is it mom?” Gohan asked as he flew next to his mom heading to their house.

“Apparently it’s Master Roshi’s Turtle it’s his 1,000 birthday and they want to throw him a party.” Chi-Chi said as they got to the house.

--

As Gohan, Chi-Chi, Raditz, and Ox-King arrived at Kame house, Gohan said hello to Master Roshi, Bulma, Yamcha, Krillin, and Turtle. Gohan and Raditz were introduced to three new people as they entered the house, one was a pig who walked on two feet and could talk who was named Oolong, the second looked like a cat who was named Puar that stood on two legs and could fly, and the last person was a woman with blue hair, big blue eyes, with a red ribbon in her hair, her name was Launch.

“Thank you for throwing me this party Launch, it was so nice of you to remember my birthday.” Turtle said as Launch handed out drinks to Gohan and the others who had just arrived.

“No problem, Turtle, it’s the least I could do to help around the house.” Launch said with a smile, “Hello, Chi-Chi who are these two handsome men.” Launch said looking at Gohan and Raditz smiling sweetly

“This is my son Gohan, and this is Raditz he is Goku’s brother.” Chi-Chi said introducing them

“It’s nice to meet you both please enjoy the party.” Launch said as she went to help Bulma who was in the kitchen.

--

After talking with everyone they brought out a large cake covered in candles, they sang happy birthday, and helped turtle blow out the candles, Launch and Chi-Chi started handing out slices of cakes.

“Wow, you guys sure went through a lot on Namek, I’m kind of glad I didn’t go with you guys.” Yamcha said as Gohan and Krillin were telling the rest of the group about their adventure on Namek.

“Listening to what you guys went through, makes what I went through look like a cake walk and it makes me feel a little sorry for all the bad things I thought about you Krillin.” Bulma said

“Hey, why did you just think bad things about me what about Gohan?” Krillin said as everyone else laughed at him

“Gohan is a kid, and I can’t really blame him for what I went through, but I don’t feel too bad about blaming you for things.” Bulma said with a smile

“That’s right my Gohan is a sweet and kind boy, I raised him right.” Chi-Chi said looking at Gohan with pride in her eyes

“So did you learn any cool things while training with King Kai?” Krillin said looking at Yamcha

“No, he just trained us we weren’t able to learn the Kiao-ken, but we all got stronger.” Yamcha said slapping his chest with a smile.

“Oh yeah, Krillin thanks for teaching me the Destructo Disk.” Gohan said

“No problem, Gohan, I can’t believe you were able to learn it so quickly.” Krillin said, “What have you been up too?”

“Nothing much just doing homework in the morning and then training with Raditz after.” Gohan said, “How come no one else came to the party?”

“Wow your mom is letting you keep training.” Krillin said “Well, we couldn’t get a hold of Tein and Chiaotzu, and your dad is still not back yet.”

“Yeah, as long as I finish my homework before I began training.” Gohan said

--

They all continued talking and having fun late into the night before they all headed to sleep in some futons that Master Roshi had; Gohan noticed during the party that Raditz and Launch were talking to each other.

 

___

(AN: I wanted to put Launch in the last chapter when they brought everyone back, but I forgot to, so I put her in this chapter. I think it work out a little better in this chapter because, I feel that throwing a party for Turtle is something Good Launch would do. I’m not going to go into too much detail about Raditz and Launch’s relationship, since this fanfiction is mostly about Gohan, I’ll mention some things about their relationship in passing.)

4