Vol: 8 Ch: 73: Plans
184 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Age 767, June 1st  

 

Gohan was at Capsule Corp. he had brought some designs; he had finished drawing for an idea he had come up with and wanted to get Bulma and her dad’s opinion on it.

“Wow… these are some good designs Gohan… Hey Dad come look at what Gohan came up with.” Bulma shouted to her dad who was at the dining table drinking some coffee.

“Ok dear, I’m coming.” Dr. Briefs said walking over to the table where Gohan and Bulma were sitting at. “Oh… what’s this supposed to be?” Dr. Briefs said looking at the designs on the table.

“It’s a telephone but a mobile one that people can carry with them.” Gohan explained

“How did you come up with this?” Bulma asked

“It was after finishing my daily sparring session with Raditz, and I went home my mom had wanted some fish for dinner, but since she couldn't get in touch with me, I didn’t know. So, we had to eat at Launch and Raditz house, my mom then said she wish there was a way she could have gotten in contact with me to let me know.” Gohan explained.

“I see if you had this then she could have called you and let you know.” Bulma said nodding her head.

“Hmmm… I see, It’s quite ingenious, this could be the next big thing.” Dr. Briefs asked glancing up as he drank his coffee, with one hand and held the designs with his other hand.

“Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, Gohan you can become very rich and famous with this idea.” Bulma said looking at him

“I don’t know about all that I had just thought it would be good for our group… I never really thought about releasing it to the public.” Gohan said looking at her.

“Are you sure, you could become very rich with this?” Dr. Briefs asked looking at him.

“… Yeah, I don’t want that kind of attention right now… that kind of attention will mess with my studies, and even if I wanted to release it to the public, I don’t have the money to bring this idea to life” Gohan said looking at him.

“That’s true… how about this Capsule Corp. will handle everything related to making this, we give you all the credit for coming up with it, and the money we make from it, but we keep your name away from the press until you are ready to let people know. We will also give free copies to all our friends if it makes you feel better.” Bulma said looking at him.

“What!... Are you sure about that Bulma?” Gohan asked looking at her in surprise. “What if it doesn’t work out?”

“Yeah, Gohan we are sure you and your dad are practically family, and this is the least we could do after everything you and the rest of the guys have done for the world. Also, it will work out, like my dad said this will be the next big thing.” Bulma said smiling at him.

“…Can we just give it to our group first and I’ll think about releasing it to the public.” Gohan said looking at Bulma

“No, problem, Gohan, I’ll keep you updated on the progress once we start.” Bulma said smiling.

“If you want to stop by and see how things are going or if you want to help, you are always welcomed.” Dr. Briefs said smiling at Gohan.

“Ok, I’ll keep that in mind.” Gohan said smiling back.

--

Gohan was in the Capsule Corp lab going over some more details for the Capsule Phone, he had come up with, “We already know we want it to be able to call people, but we could add some more features to it.” Dr. Briefs said looking at Gohan

“What if we add something that allows people to hear music or the radio, or a calculator.” Gohan said looking at them.

“That’s a good idea… what about adding a camera.” Bulma said looking at them.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea… what if we add some of the most used things, like a clock, calendar, internet access, and find a way to add things later if we need to.” Gohan said

“That’s a brilliant idea, we could also make a store and let other companies or people make applications for the phone, for a small profit of course. That way if people want more things, like games or other things they can buy them and that would increase the amount of money we will make, overall.” Bulma said with a grin.

“… I don’t know about all that Bulma, that sounds a little greedy. I’m not all that convinced about releasing it to the public and now all this, it seems like too much to handle.” Gohan said looking at her with some concern.

“Don’t worry about it, Gohan if we do this you will earn even more money… trust me this will be for the best. You don’t have to worry about anything let me handle this.” Bulma said smiling at him.

“… ok if you say so I’ll leave everything to you, I don’t really know much about this type of thing.” Gohan said sighing.

“Bulma sweetie there are some people outside looking for you.” Panchy said as she walked into the lab they were in, carrying some food and drinks.

“Who is it mom?” Bulma asked looking up.

“It’s Krillin with a boy with dark hair, an orange bandana and a beautiful girl with blond hair and blue eyes. They said they are here for your help.” Panchy said

“Krillin… I wonder what he is doing here?” Bulma asked, “Can you bring them here mom.”

“It sounds like androids 17 & 18 are with him.” Gohan said looking at her.

“Yeah, it seems like it… I wonder what he’s doing here with them.” Bulma said to herself,

“Hey, Bulma… oh Gohan you are here too.” Krillin said as he came walking in with 17 & 18 behind him.

“Yeah, Gohan is here helping us with a little project.” Bulma said looking at Krillin, “So you two must be androids 17 & 18 what brings you guys here?” Bulma asked.

“Hey, we came to take you up on your offer to help build 16 a new body.” 18 said nodding at Gohan.

“We originally wanted to use that dragon to get him a new body, but he told us we had to wait another year for them to be ready to use.” 17 said pointing at Krillin.

“Yeah, that’s true once they are used, they are turned to stone for a year before they can be used again.” Bulma said looking at them. “So, where’s 16?” Bulma asked looking around.

“I’m here.” 16’s muffled voice came from a backpack 18 was carrying.

“Can I see him?” Bulma asked holding her hand out.

“You can trust her; she and her dad fixed him up last time.” Krillin said looking at 18 with a smile.

“… ok here.” 18 said as she handed the backpack to Bulma after she glanced at 17 who nodded at her.

“Thank you.” Bulma said as she grabbed the backpack and placed it down on a table as she opened it and pulled out 16’s head. “… Oh man Cell really did a number on you didn’t he.” Bulma said sighing, as she held him in her hands at eye level.

“Hello again, Bulma… Doctor… and Gohan it’s good to see you again.” 16 said smiling at them as he glanced at them.

“Hey, 16… I’m sorry you are like that because of me.” Gohan said sadly.

“Don’t worry about it, Gohan, Cell is dead and I’m not, if I had gone through with my original plan and self-destructed there is a big chance that Cell would have come back, somehow. Then that would have meant my sacrifice would have been for nothing, but in the end, it gave you the motivation to unlock the power hidden within you for you to defeat Cell for good. I don’t blame you for anything Gohan, so don’t blame yourself.” 16 said with a smile.

“… thank you 16.” Gohan said with a smile.

“I don’t want to ruin the moment, but can you guys build 16 a new body?” 17 asked 

“Hmm… we should be able to especially since we already have his schematics from last time.” Dr. Briefs said looking at them.

“That’s good, I guess you weren’t wrong to bring us here.” 17 said looking at Krillin.

“I told you, that if anyone can build him a new body it would be Bulma and her dad.” Krillin said with a chuckle.

“How long do you think it will take?” 18 asked

“It’s hard to say… maybe a couple of months at the most, that’s if we have all the materials here with us.” Dr. Briefs said as he pulled up 16’s schematics from last time.

“That’s not to bad… we can wait a few months.” 18 said looking at 17

“Yeah, I just don’t know what we will do while we wait.” 17 said looking at 18

“You could help us, there are some materials that we don’t have in the lab, they can only be found in certain areas in the world, you could go and collect them for us.” Dr. Briefs said as he continued to look at the schematics.

“Hmmm… that could work I guess as long as I’m not sitting still doing nothing.” 17 said with a shrug.

“Gohan, do you want to help us again?” Bulma asked, glancing at him. “You can learn while we work.”

“Yeah, I would like that, but I don’t think my mom will allow me to come over too much.” Gohan said.

“Ok, don’t worry about your mom I will call her and come up with an excuse.” Bulma said as she handed 16 to Gohan.

Bulma walked over to the phone and called Chi-Chi. Bulma talked on the phone for a while before she came back to them, “I managed to convince her she said it’s ok as long as you keep up with your studies and that you come home every few days.”

“Wow really… what did you tell her?” Gohan said looking at Bulma.

“I told her that you will be doing some work for us, and that working for Capsule Corp would look good on a resume.” Bulma said smiling.

“… yeah, that would do it.” Gohan said chuckling.

“Good now that, that’s takin care of let’s get started.” Bulma said with a smile.

--

Dr. Briefs had given Gohan some books and schematics that he thought might be useful for him they were about robotics, programming, computer science, and other similar books for him to read.

It was slow work at first but once Gohan started helping things went a little faster, it still took a couple of months, but they had already started building the body, which would look like his old one. The reason it took so long was because they needed certain materials which they had to wait for, 17, 18, and Krillin to find.

“Hey, Bulma we have the things you asked for, it took a while to find them.” Krillin said as he and 18 walked into the lab carrying the materials that they were sent to find. Krillin and 18 had grown closer as they worked together over the months finding the materials for 16’s new body.

“Thank you, place them there please.” Bulma said pointing at a table near her and Dr. Briefs who were at a table building something.

Krillin placed the materials on the table, “Wow, he’s coming along nicely guys.” Krillin said with a smile as he looked at 16’s new body.

“Yeah, I think we should be done pretty soon.” Bulma replied as she looked at Krillin

“Really?” 18 asked.

“Yeah, looking at the check list we only need the materials 17 is looking for and then we will have everything for us to finish the body.” Gohan said turning to look at Krillin and 18, from the computer he was working on.

“Then it’s good, I’m here now.” 17 said as he came walking in.

--

“Ok, moment of truth guys.” Bulma said as she looked at everyone in the room before she typed some things into the computer, and then turned to look at 16.

Gohan was standing next to 16 looking at his body which looked just like his old one just without the Red Ribbon logo; he had a Capsule Corp logo on his chest. 16 slowly opened his eyes, before he sat up and looked around and saw everyone. “16 how are you?” 18 asked as she walked up to him.

16 looking down at his hands as he opened and closed them, “I seem to be fully functional.” 16 said before he looked around the room. “Thank you for your hard work.”

“It’s no problem it was a group effort as you know everyone pitched in to help.” Bulma said smiling.

16 stood up slowly and moved his body around slowly, before looking at everyone with a smile. “Yes, I know thank you very much everyone.”

“So… 16 are you back at 100%?” 17 & 18 asked looking at him.

“… After, running a diagnostic on my system, it seems that everything is in proper working condition.” 16 said looking at them.

“That’s good.” 18 said with a smile.

 “Well, what do you want to do now 16?” 17 asked looking at 16.

“What are you going to do?” 16 asked looking at them.

“Well, I don’t know about 18 but I feel like going to explore the world for a bit.” 17 said with a smile.

“I feel like staying in the area.” 18 said glancing at Krillin quickly.

“I felt like you would say something like that.” 17 said smiling at her. “So big guy what about you?”

“… I wish to stay here at Capsule Corp for a while, I like it here.” 16 said looking at him.

“… Well, if that’s what you really want, I can respect that, you two take care of yourselves I’m going out to explore the world for a while. I’ll try and keep in touch.” 17 said looking at 16 & 18 before he walked out of the lab.

___

(AN: I wanted to write in a little more detail about them working on 16 but I struggled on how to write that part, so I decided to skip it, another reason was because I felt like the chapter was dragging on. I believe that Bulma and Dr. Briefs could make a new body for 16, in a few months especially since it only took her a few days to fix him up last time. I never noticed any cellphones in Z I know they have some in Super, but I haven’t seen them in Z. So, I decided why not have them appear earlier and why not have Gohan come up with the idea, with some help of course, the phone looks like typical smart phones today.)

2