Vol: 8 Ch: 78: Gohan’s Travels (2)
214 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The months flew by, Gohan had continued traveling and his training he would train in his base form and both Super Saiyan forms, but he still started losing control of his emotions in the second form. Gohan felt like he wouldn’t get stronger until he managed to properly control Super Saiyan 2, he didn’t get frustrated about the lack of progress like before because he remembered Nam’s words that he shouldn’t try and rush results, it would come when it was the right time.

Today Gohan was standing on a cliff overlooking a waterfall, he gripped his sword tightly as he was finishing the sword training routine he read about in a book. The sun was beating down on him, his arms were straining from the new routine, the only comfort he had was the cool mist coming from the rushing waterfall below.

Once Gohan had finished his routine and put away his sword, he felt a familiar power nearby power up before there was an explosion causing him to head in that direction to see if it was who he thought it was.

Gohan flew for a few minutes until he saw two familiar figures training, it was Tien and Chiaotzu they sensed Gohan heading towards them causing them to turn around, they looked surprised when they saw Gohan, “I thought that was you. Hey Tien and Chiaotzu” Gohan said as he flew down and landed in front of them.

“Hi, Gohan long time no see.” Chiaotzu said smiling at him.

“Gohan, what are you doing in these parts?” Tien said nodding at Gohan

“I decided to travel the world, and I was training nearby when I sensed your power.” Gohan said smiling at them both

“Really, what a coincidence.” Chiaotzu said

 “Yeah, I was surprised to sense you nearby since we haven’t heard from you guys in a while.” Gohan said looking at them

“Yeah, sorry about that Tien just get busy with training that he loses track of time.” Chiaotzu said chuckling

“It’s alright I understand.” Gohan said smiling, “Speaking of training, since I found you would you two mind sparing with me?” Gohan asked looking at them.

“… yeah, sure Gohan, I want to see how much stronger I’ve gotten since the Cell.” Tein said nodding after a second.

 “That’s great thanks… how about you Chiaotzu?” Gohan asked looking at him

“A… are you sure… I don’t think I will be a good training partner like Tein, I’m not much of a fighter.” Chiaotzu said looking down at the ground.

“Nonsense, if I remember correctly Krillin said you are pretty good psychic.” Gohan said looking at Chiaotzu

“R… really he said that?” Chiaotzu asked looking up nervously.

“Yeah, he did, if you don’t want to fight, I know another way you can help me train.” Gohan said with a smile

“How?” Chiaotzu asked looking at Gohan

“Since you said that you aren’t a good fighter, I can spar with Tien, and then you can help me learn how to defend against and also help develop my psychic powers.” Gohan said smiling at Chiaotzu

“That sounds like a good idea… how about it Chiaotzu?” Tien asked looking at him

“… you got it Gohan thanks.” Chiaotzu said smiling.

“No problem Chiaotzu, I’m looking forward to training with you.” Gohan said smiling at him, “You ready to start Tien?” Gohan asked looking at him

“Yeah, but let’s rest for the day, that way we can all be at 100% before we start.” Tien said looking at Gohan

“You got it, while we rest let’s catch up.” Gohan said smiling at Tien

“That’s a good idea, but first let’s get some food.” Tien said nodding at Gohan.

Gohan, Tien, and Chiaotzu hunted for some food, and talked about everything that’s happened since the last time they saw each other. Gohan told him about his invention the Capsule Phone, about Bulma and Vegeta getting married, his baby brother Goten, how Krillin and 18 were dating, how he was travelling the world to find himself, about how he was struggling with learning how to properly control Super Saiyan 2, and everything else that has happened.

Tien was amazed at what Gohan had told him; saying that all he and Chiaotzu had done was train for most of the year, they talked while eating and then went to sleep early so that they could wake up early to train the next day.

--

Gohan and Tien standing in a ring outlined by logs, they had decided on a couple of rules, one was not flying, two was if they landed outside of the ring they would lose, and three whoever won or lost would train with Gohan next. They decided on this since Tien said he didn’t think he could beat Gohan, this way it would be fair to both him and Chiaotzu. They were facing each other with Chiaotzu acting as a referee, they hadn’t moved even after Chiaotzu said they could start. A silence had fallen over them as they just stood there watching each other waiting for someone to make the first move, five eyes watching each other for the slightest movement.

“If one of us doesn’t make the first move we will probably be standing here all day.” Gohan said smiling at Tien

“You have a point Gohan… I guess I’ll start things off.” Tien said with a smirk before vanishing and appearing behind Gohan trying to chop him in the neck. Gohan turned around and blocked the attack then punched Tien who blocked the attack but was sent flying backwards.

Tien fired an energy blast as he flew backwards, Gohan knocked the blast away and charged towards him before vanishing and appearing behind Tien and kicking him in the back. Tien almost landed out of the ring, but he fired an energy blast into the ground using its momentum to send him back into the ring.

Tien landed back on his feet before he launched himself at Gohan again and started throwing punches and kicks as Gohan dodged them as he slowly moved backwards. Gohan felt his back foot touch the edge of the boundary, “Don’t hold back on me Gohan.” Tien said as he tried to punch Gohan in the stomach, but his fist was caught by Gohan.

Gohan then punched Tien in the stomach causing him to slide backwards where he almost landed out of the ring, “That’s better.” Tien said smiling.

Gohan smiled back as he charged towards Tien, who pointed his index finger at Gohan charging up his energy, Tien shouted “Dodon Ray!” Gohan barely had time to block the yellow beam, as he used his palms to block the attack as he did, he noticed Tien had jumped into the air.

Gohan looked up towards Tien, as Gohan did this the sun blinded him slightly, he could barely make out Tien’s outline, and before Gohan could do something Tien shouted, “Solar Flare!!!” Gohan was suddenly blinded by a bright blue light that emerged from behind Tien.

Gohan couldn’t cover his eyes in time as he grunted from the pain from the light, he tried to focus his hearing but before he could do anything he was punched in the stomach lifting him off the ground and then he was punched in the face, followed by an energy blast where he fell on the ground. Gohan was rubbing his eyes when he heard Chiaotzu, “Tien wins!”

Gohan slowly regained his sight back and he saw that he was out of bounds and Tien was in the ring walking towards him before he held out his hand to Gohan. “That was a nice combination... you caught me off guard.” Gohan said as Tein helped him up.

“I just used the skills available to me, if you used your full power from the start, I wouldn’t have stood a chance.” Tien said as he smiled at Gohan.

“… your earlier attack I’ve met someone else who could also use it.” Gohan said looking at Tien as Chiaotzu flew towards them smiling at Tien.

“Great job Tien.” Chiaotzu said as he arrived near them.

“What really!?” Tien asked looking at Gohan surprised, “What did the person look like? Do you catch their name?” Tien asked looking at Gohan

“… umm yeah, it was… Mercenary Tao.” Gohan said looking at Tien. When Gohan said the name, he noticed that Chiaotzu got frightened and Tien had a look of recognition, “You know him?” Gohan asked

“… yeah, he’s the brother of our old martial arts master… Crane.” Tien said taking a deep breath before exhaling. “Let’s just say there’s some bad blood between us… when did you run into him, and can you tell me what happened?”

“I ran into him a few days before the Cell games, he was hired by some guy for protection, he almost killed an old man, but I stopped him and then he ran away after I told him that Goku was my dad.” Gohan said

“I guess he never changed… it’s a shame.” Tien said sighing, “Well it’s your turn now Chiaotzu... you up for it?” Tien said looking at Chiaotzu

“… umm yeah I am.” Chiaotzu said nodding his head after looking at the ground for a while.

“That’s good how about you Gohan?” Tien asked looking at Gohan

“Yeah, I am.” Gohan said nodding at them before walking back into the ring as Chiaotzu followed, Tien then started the match. Chiaotzu used his psychic powers to fight Gohan as he froze him in place, slowed him down, attacked him, and whatever else he could do to try and win. Gohan would have to power up to fight off the attacks, but he ended up winning after a few a while after Chiaotzu ended up running out of energy.

Gohan ended up staying with Tien and Chiaotzu for a couple of months, where they would spar, and meditate, Gohan didn’t hold back as much causing Tien to pull out all the stops, Tien grew four arms to fight Gohan, used the multi form technique, and even the Kamehameha. Gohan had also had a few sparring sessions against both Tien and Chiaotzu, who worked well together. Gohan managed to learn the Dodon Ray, Solar Flare, Tri-Beam, and he managed to build a resistance to Chiaoztu’s psychic attacks, while developing his own psychic powers.

“Thanks for training with me these last few months.” Gohan said smiling at Tien and Chiaotzu.

“Don’t mention it Gohan, you also helped us get stronger.” Tien said nodding at Gohan.

“What are you going to now?” Chiaotzu asked Gohan.

“… I’m going to continue traveling the world, I’m enjoying it, I might stop by and visit the others and see if they don’t mind training with me, see what else I can learn.” Gohan said, “What about you guys?”

“That’s a good idea Gohan, there’s always something to learn so keep your feet planted firmly on the ground and your head up, your father would be proud of what you are doing.” Tien said smiling at Gohan, “We are going to find a new place to train, this place is no longer doing it for us.”

“That sounds good, try and keep in touch this time ok.” Gohan said smiling at Tien, as he flew into the air.

“We will try.” Tien said smiling

“Goodbye Gohan.” Chiaotzu said waving at Gohan before they parted ways and flew off in different directions.

---

One day while running through a forest Gohan came across a familiar tall tower, but he saw two Tipi tents and a campfire at the base, “Has that always been there?” Gohan asked himself as he walked towards the tower.

“Who are you?” a voice called out to Gohan from the left, Gohan turned around and saw a tall and muscular man, the man had long black hair tied in a ponytail, wearing brown pants, and shoes. He also had ribbons tied to each arm and a necklace made of some type of bones, with a cross shaped scar on the right side of his chest. The man was carrying a spear in his hand while dragging a large fish behind him.

“Who are you talking to father?” Another voice asked behind the man and Gohan saw another man that looked like the other one, except he was shorter, and wasn’t as muscular, he had a feather in his hair, and he didn’t have a scar. This man had a bow and some arrows on his back as he also dragged two large fishes behind him.

“We have a visitor.” The taller man said

“Hello, my name is Gohan.” Gohan said smiling at the two men.

“Hello, Gohan. I am Bora, this is my son Upa. We are the protectors of the scared land of Korin, welcome.” Bora said walking towards the campfire.

“Hello, Bora, Upa, it’s nice to meet you.” Gohan said introducing himself, “I could stop by and see Piccolo and Dende since I’m here already.” Gohan said to himself as he looked up at the tower.

Bora placed his spear by the Tipi and walked towards the campfire and placed his fish near it, “Gohan what brings you here?” Bora asked sitting down near the campfire.

Upa went and did the same, placed his bow and arrow away and placed his fish next to his father’s, before sitting down next to him. “Are you going to climb the tower?” Upa asked looking at Gohan

“… climb it?” Gohan asked looking up at the tower and then back towards Upa and Bora.

“Yes, a few people have come to climb Korin’s tower to test and train themselves.” Bora explained

“Hmm… I could try climbing it, but I don’t know if it will do any good, considering my current strength.” Gohan said to himself.

“Before you decide to climb come sit and eat with us.” Bora said looking at Gohan and pointing to the ground.

“… are you sure?” Gohan asked turning to look at Bora.

“Yes, we have enough for three people and the climb is long, and you should at least have some food in your stomach before attempting it.” Bora said smiling.

“… ok thank you.” Gohan said bowing his head and sitting down.

“It is no problem young Gohan, now tell me a little bit about yourself.” Bora said

“What do you want to know?” Gohan asked

“Whatever you want to tell us.” Bora said as Upa started preparing to cook the fishes.

Gohan sat down with them and told them about how he decided to travel the world to find himself, and to learn about the world and himself. He told them about the fight with Cell and how Goku had died, leading him to the decision to travel.

They told him that they knew Goku and that he had used the dragon balls to bring Bora back to life after Mercenary Tao had killed him. They were sad to hear that Goku couldn’t be brought back again. Gohan then went on to talk about what he has been up to and what he has learned during his travels.

“Wow, that’s incredible I like hearing about my dad when he was a kid.” Gohan said smiling as they finished eating.

“Yes, I can imagine that it makes you feel closer to him.” Bora said nodding his head

“I’m sad to know that Goku is dead but, I’m glad to meet his son.” Upa said smiling at Gohan.

“I’m glad I got to meet you two as well, but I should continue traveling.” Gohan said standing up.

“Are you sure, maybe you should wait until tomorrow.” Upa said looking at Gohan.

“Yes, I’m sure thank you very much for the food and the memories.” Gohan said bowing his head before turning around and walking towards the tower. He had decided to climb it, it could be some good training for him especially with the weighted clothing.

“It was our pleasure Gohan, take care of yourself.” Bora said nodding to Gohan, “Good luck on your travels.”

Gohan smiled back before crouching down and jumping high into the sky, he flew passed clouds as the wind rushed past him, Gohan kept flying upwards until he felt himself slowing down, that’s when he grabbed the tower and continued his climb. With the weighted clothing and staying in his base climbing the tower took Gohan the rest of the day to finish the climb, Gohan felt his arms start to burn by the time he reached the top.

Gohan reached the top and found Korin and Yajirobe sitting around a table about to eat dinner, “Hello, Gohan I’ve been waiting for you.” Korin said before Gohan could say anything.

“You have?” Yajirobe asked looking at Korin, “OH! That’s why you had me set the table for three.” Yajirobe said pointing at a third plate.

“Yes, now sit down and eat with us and then you call tell us why you’ve come to visit.” Korin said pointing at a where the third plate was. “We have enough for you too.”

“… ok thank you Master Korin.” Gohan said bowing his head before sitting down and eating with them,

“It’s no problem, Gohan.” Korin said smiling,

“What brings you to our neck of the woods Gohan?” Yajirobe asked as they started eating.

“Nothing really, I have been travelling the world, training and learning about myself and the world and I ended up here.” Gohan said

“Ah I see, trying to find yourself and see what you want to do with your life.” Korin said stroking his whiskers.

“… Yes, how did you know?” Gohan asked looking at Korin

“It’s something I felt like you would end up doing especially after your father decided to stay in the other world. You have been forced to follow others most of your life, moving from battle to battle since the Saiyans arrived, this is the only time you have had a chance to ask yourself what you want. It’s something that everyone should do if they want to grow as a person, and as a martial artist.” Korin said smiling at Gohan

“Wow… that’s exactly what I was thinking when I decided to travel the world.” Gohan said looking at Korin in surprise

“You don’t get to be my age without gaining some wisdom.” Korin said chucking while stroking his whiskers. “Although I don’t know if I have anything to teach you Gohan, you are already in a league of your own, in terms of power and fighting skills. The only thing I can think of is for you to gain experience.”

“It’s alright Master Korin, I had a feeling that you would say that, but I do have another request.” Gohan said looking at Korin as they finished eating.

“Oh… what is it?” Korin asked

“Can you teach me how to grow Senzu Beans?” Gohan asked

“OH!! I wasn’t expecting that.” Korin said surprised, “May I ask why you want to learn?”

“Yeah, well besides wanting to learn something new, I think it would be a good idea to have someone else know how to grow them, in case something happens to you like in Trunk’s timeline.” Gohan said

“Hmm…you make a good point.” Korin said stroking his whiskers staring at Gohan, “I don’t see why not, but I must warn you it’s a difficult process to learn, so be prepared.”

“Really!! Thank you, Master Korin, I promise not to let you down.” Gohan said smiling

“It’s no problem kid, we can start tomorrow.” Korin said nodding at Gohan.

____

(AN: I had originally planned to have the fight against Tien to last longer but since I added those restrictions, I believe that the fight would probably end quickly and in Tien’s favor, because of his experience. I didn’t write the fight with Chiaotzu because he’s not much of a fighter and I didn’t want to try and fail to write a fighting scene with him. I have started writing the next chapter already and the next chapter of Warrior of the Future I should hopefully have them done by sometime next week.)

1