Vol: 8 Ch: 79: Gohan’s Travels (3)
359 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Age 770

It took Gohan some time to learn how to grow senzu beans, during that time Gohan would fly up to the look out to see them, he would also train and talk with Piccolo for a while. Gohan still felt guilty about his father’s death but talking with Kami through Piccolo, helped Gohan come to grips with Goku’s death and his own guilt. Gohan would also train with Yajirobe learning on how to wield his sword, and Korin would give him some advice on his training.

Gohan learned what it took to grow senzu beans, he planted them in soil with good drainage, watered them, made sure they got enough sun, and fertilized them. Korin had Gohan plant his own seeds, in a pot while watching how Korin and Yajirobe made them, they gave him some advice, but they left Gohan to figure it out on his own mostly. Today was the day that the beans would ripen, and Gohan would see if all his hard work was worth it.

“Let’s see if you have the magic touch.” Korin said as he watched Gohan finish his work out.

“Ok Master Korin.” Gohan said standing up as they walked towards the pots where they had the senzu beans growing. Yajirobe was soon behind them as they reached the pots.

“Go ahead Gohan check them, if they are ready, they should be firm to the touch and there shouldn’t be any visible bulges.” Yajirobe said looking at Gohan.

“… right well here I go.” Gohan said as he walked up to his pot and gently reached out to touch one of the 4 bean pods, he felt that it was ready, the pods where about 4-7 inches long, Gohan then used one hand to hold the vine and pinched off the pod with his thumb. Gohan then opened the first pod and found 2 beans inside.

“Hmm… 2 beans not bad for your first time.” Korin said looking at Gohan, “Now let’s test them.” Korin said as he grabbed one of the beans and ate it. “hmm… not bad there’s still room for improvement but it’s good overall, Good job Gohan.” Korin said nodding at Gohan

Gohan smiled, “Thank you Master Korin.”

“It’s no problem kid you did most of the work, put them in here while you check the others.”  Korin said holding a brown bag where he usually had the senzu beans in.

Gohan placed them in the bag and repeated the process of picking the last pods and opening the one by one, they each had a different number of beans inside, 3 pods had 2 beans inside and the last one had 3 inside.

“Not a bad harvest Gohan you did very well, just need to practice a few more times and you will be an expert in no time. Since this is your first harvest you should keep them.” Korin said smiling while handing Gohan the bag with the senzu beans.

“Thank you, Master Korin.” Gohan said bowing his head.

“I told you don’t mention it, Gohan.” Korin said smiling, “Tell you what, you find a place where you can grow them, and I will give you some beans to grow.” Korin said stroking his whiskers.

“Wow thank you very much Master Korin.” Gohan said with a wide smile.

“That’s nice of you Korin.” Yajirobe said smiling at Korin.

“I’M ALWAYS NICE!!” Korin said angrily looking at Yajirobe, who laughed at Korin before turning to look at Gohan,

“So, what are you going to do now that you’ve learned to grow senzu beans.” Yajirobe asked chuckling.

“… I want to train more, learn more, and get stronger, not because that’s what my dad and everyone else want and expect of me, but because I found myself enjoying myself and I learned a lot about myself during this trip. I’m going to continue to train, and I also want to continue my studies not because that’s what my mom wants me to do, but because I feel like I can apply it to my training and reach newer heights. The problem is that I feel like I’ve hit a block, and that if I don’t get rid of the block then I won’t get any stronger. There’s also the fact that I’m still having trouble with Super Saiyan 2, and I feel like the two are related.” Gohan said looking at Korin.

“How much stronger do you want to become… you are already the strongest person on the planet possibly in the universe, I doubt that there’s anyone who can beat you.” Yajirobe said looking at Gohan.  

“There’s always someone stronger, my dad thought he was the strongest person then my Uncle Raditz came, and he struggled to beat him. Then Vegeta came and my dad struggled to beat him too, then there was Frieza, then the androids, then—" Gohan said

“Alright… alright… I get it sheesh.” Yajirobe said holding his hands up shaking his head, “You Saiyans are crazy.” Yajirobe mumbled

The three soon started laughing for a few minutes, “… Gohan he does have a point though, what is your end goal… how much strength and power do you want?” Korin asked looking at Gohan after catching his breath.

“… I don’t really know but I do know that I want to be strong enough to protect myself and those I care about from any future threats.” Gohan said looking at Korin.

“… I see… well I know that if you put your mind and plenty of effort into it you will be able to do it Gohan. Don’t doubt yourself and remember that you are not alone you have friends and family that will help you, you don’t have to do everything by yourself.” Korin said looking at Gohan.  

“I will, thank you for everything Master Korin… Yajirobe take care.” Gohan said as he bowed to them before leaving and flying away.

“No problem, Gohan, you are always welcomed, so stop by when you can.” Korin and Yajirobe said waving at Gohan.

--

Gohan stepped off the Capsule Corp spaceship as he looked around Planet Yardrat, it took a lot of convincing for his mom to allow him to leave Earth. Gohan had to promise her that once he came back home that he would focus on his studies and that he would enroll in high school, so he could make friends his own age. Gohan agreed but under the condition that he would continue to train, and he had the choice of when and what school to enroll in.

Gohan looked around and he was greeted by the sight of many pink aliens, with large heads, pointed ears, round eyes, and two whisker looking things by their mouths. There were also some shorter aliens that didn’t have any ears, with a round head and small eyes there were many different colored ones, but the most common ones were blue and green. They were all wearing the same type of outfit that Goku had when he landed on Earth after Namek.

“Hello, how can we help you?” one of the green ones asked as he walked up to Gohan.

“Hello, my name is Gohan, and my father Goku came here a few years ago and learned Instant Transmission and I was hoping that you could teach it to me as well.” Gohan said bowing his head a little.

“Ahh, yes, I can see the resemblance. My name is Hatska.” Hatska said looking up at Gohan. “Well, if you want to learn the Instant Transmission then you need to ask the Elder.”

“Ok, can one of you take me to see him please.” Gohan asked looking at Hatska.

“One of us?... oh, sorry I’m here by myself.” Hatska said when all the other green one’s disappeared leaving only Hatska.

“… How did you do that?” Gohan asked looking at him in surprise.

“We are a weak race, so we developed different abilities one of them is to make copies of ourselves, so people won’t mess with us. Follow me and I will take you to the elder.” Hatska said walking towards an elevator, and then down a walkway where he entered a room where a large light blue Yardratian and two others were standing in. “May I introduce Elder Pybara.” Hatska said.

“Hello, young one, I hear that you wish to learn Instant Transmission.” Pybara said looking down at Gohan.

“Yes, sir I do.” Gohan replied politely.

“Oh, you are very polite… I see no problem with teaching you, and we owe your father and you in a sense for defeating the Ginyu Force.” Pybara said after looking at Gohan for a while. “May I ask why Goku can’t teach you?” Pybara asked looking down at Gohan.

“My father has been dead for the last three years… he died protecting the Earth from an evil android named Cell.” Gohan said with sadness.

“Oh, I’m sorry for your loss he was a good man.” Pybara said looking at Gohan.

“… thank you.” Gohan said with a small smile.

Pybara gave Gohan a small smile and nod, “Is Instant Transmission the only thing you want to learn or is there anything else you wish to learn?” Pybara asked

“… you have more to teach… my dad only told me about Instant Transmission.” Gohan said looking up at Pybara.

“Haha, yes that’s probably because it was the only thing, he had time to learn. Depending on how much time you will spend here, and on your Spirit Control then I can determine which of our abilities I can teach you.” Pybara said with a smile.

“What is Spirit Control?” Gohan asked

“What we call Spirit Control, your dad called Ki.” Hatska said looking at Gohan.

“Oh, I know it by that name… I believe that my ki control is good but there’s always room for improvement and I’m not against learning more.” Gohan said looking back at Hatska.

“That’s a good mind set we will test your control later, but first an explanation. Through the process of Spirit Control, we can use Instant Transmission.” Hatska said as he teleported around Gohan, “Make clones of ourselves.” Hatska said as he made nine copies of himself.

“We also have the power of Gigantification.” Pybara said as he shrank down to a smaller size.

“… Wow that is incredible.” Gohan said looking at Pybara in awe.

“Thank you, but before we begin, how long do you intend to stay here?” Pybara asked looking at Gohan.

“I can stay for about a year before I have to head back home.” Gohan said, “Will that be enough time?” Gohan asked

“… It depends on how stabilized your spirit is, and on the balance between your body and mind, but first you need a change of clothes.” Pybara said as he pointed a finger at Gohan as a beam shot out of it and suddenly, he was wearing the same outfit as him.

“Wow can I learn how to do that?” Gohan asked as he checked the new clothes.

“Yes, you can but first we should focus on testing your Spirit Control.” Pybara said with a smile.

“Right… sorry, what did you mean earlier about the balance of my body and mind?” Gohan asked

“Spirit Control allows you to achieve a variety of abilities like the ones we told you about, it’s a way to shift, split, and grow your own spirit. With good Spirit Control you can sense life energy at much greater distances and you will be able to utilize your energy with better efficiency.” Pybara explained.

“Wow, that sounds amazing, I’m really looking forward to learning.” Gohan said with a smile looking at Pybara.

“Good now that you are ready let’s go to the training location.” Pybara said flying out of the building and leading Gohan to a wasteland with tons of spikes that were coming out of the ground.

“Your first part of training is to balance on these spikes until we tell you to stop using your Spirit Control… like this.” Hatska said as he landed on the spike and stood on his toes showing Gohan how.

“… ok, is there any advice you can give me?” Gohan asked

“Yes, choose a pose that you can hold for long periods of time.” Pybara said with a smile. “It comes a little easier if you know how to meditate.” He added later

“Ok thank you, I know how to meditate, so hopefully this isn’t too hard.” Gohan said as he chose his own spike to start his training.

--

The months flew by before Gohan knew it and during that time, he lost count of how many times he had slipped and almost fallen he was almost getting discouraged until he was told it had taken his dad 170 days to complete the first stage of training. Pybara had also told him that his spirit was more stable than his father and that he was almost ready to move on to the next stage of the training this made Gohan feel better.

While Gohan meditated, he found himself lost in his meditation until one day Pybara called out to him, “You’ve done well Gohan, you have progressed at a rapid pace even faster than your father, you can come down from there now.”

Gohan flew down and landed in front of Pybara, on a rocky platform nearby where he healed Gohan of his injuries, “You can also heal people?” Gohan asked in surprise.

“Ahh, yes, I forgot to mention that ability, however you aren’t ready to learn that just yet it’s too advanced for you at this moment. We will start you with the basics first before you can hopefully learn the hard stuff.” Pybara said with a smile. “I know you wish to learn the Instant Transmission first but is there any other skills you wish to learn?” Pybara asked Gohan.

“… yes, depending on the time I have left, I want to try and learn everything you can teach me in the remaining time, but I want to learn cloning next as it could be useful for training when I can’t find anyone else, and if I still have time, I wish to learn Healing as well.” Gohan said rubbing his chin thinking.

“… based on how quick you completed the first part of the training I believe that you should have time to learn those two techniques as well. Let’s start with teaching you the basics of Instant Transmission and move on from there, follow me please.” Pybara said as he flew away from where they were to a new location.

“Thank you very much.” Gohan said as he followed him, to a barren waste land.

“Ok Instant Transmission allows you and anyone you are in physical contact with to instantly travel great distances by concentrating on someone’s individual ki signature. You will then rematerialize at a location near your target.” Pybara explained to Gohan.

“I see so to try and learn it I should focus on one person’s ki and try and move to their location, first.” Gohan said to himself.

“Yes, that’s correct, now time for you to practice it, try moving to where Hatska is, and then we will have him move further and further away after you are able to use it successfully more than once.” Pybara said, as Gohan nodded his head.

--

Gohan was able to get the hang of Instant Transmission quickly, then he moved on to cloning which wasn’t too different from using the Multiform technique, so he was able to get the hang of it quickly as well. He had also perfect Magic Materialization because he had learned the basics of Piccolo’s Clothes Beam from when he trained with him back when he was growing senzu beans.

“I never expected you to be able to learn all these things so quickly or adapt to your newfound power. I believe that you should be ready to learn healing.” Pybara said one day after Gohan had finished his training for the day.

Gohan had found that his own power had grown tremendously after he had learned Spirit Control, he was now more powerful than he was when he arrived. “That’s great, knowing how to heal will be a great skill to know.” Gohan said.

“Ok then let me explain the process of Healing, using Spirit Control you can close wounds, heal damage, restore physical conditions and even ki of others and in some cases yourself but only to a certain extent it all depends on your own Spirit Control.” Pybara explained to Gohan.

“Ok, I believe I understand the process now, I’m ready to start.” Gohan said with a determined look on his face.

--

Age 771

Gohan had mastered everything that Pybara taught him a lot quicker than what Pybara thought was possible, so Gohan decided to learn Gigantification as well. Gohan still had a few days left before he had to head back to earth, so he decided to spend it meditating in his Super Saiyan 2 form while balancing on the spikes. Pybara had recommended this when Gohan had explained what was going on with him losing control of his emotions, Gohan was afraid to train like this at first, but Pybara told him that he had a way to keep Gohan in check.

Whenever Gohan was starting to lose control of his emotions Pybara would stick his hand and Gohan would feel his energy leave his body before he changed would drop out of Super Saiyan 2 into his base form making him fall on the ground panting. Pybara would then heal Gohan and they would continue the training one-day Gohan had asked Pybara what the technique he used on him was, but he told Gohan that it was a very difficult and advanced ability that he wasn’t ready to learn it yet, but he would be in a few years, so Gohan didn’t push it.

During the training Gohan, finally felt like he had made some headway in controlling Super Saiyan 2, Gohan finally felt like he was the one in control and not the other way around. Gohan spent the last few days he had meditating and using the cloning ability to spar with up to 8 copies who were also in Super Saiyan 2.

“Thank you very much for teaching me.” Gohan said with a small bow standing in front of his spaceship with Pybara and Hatska on the day he had to head back.

“It was a no problem, Gohan, in fact it was a pleasure teaching you, you were able to understand and get the hang of things a lot faster than your father. Have a safe trip back Gohan and know that you are always welcomed back here.” Pybara said with a smile

“… Thank you once again.” Gohan said as he waved goodbye and climbed aboard the ship and started his trip back home.

--

“Welcome back Gohan. How was your trip?” Bulma asked as Gohan stepped off the spaceship landing at Capsule Corp.

“It was good, I learned a lot and I’ve gotten a lot stronger.” Gohan said with a smile.

“That’s good, do you have time to catch up before you go back home?” Bulma asked

“Yeah, I have some time.” Gohan said with a nod.

“Ok good follow me.” Bulma said as she led Gohan into the house.

“Oh, my is that you Gohan?” Panchy said as she ran into them as Bulma was leading him to the kitchen. “You’ve grown into a fine young man.” Panchy said with a smile.

“… thank you.” Gohan said scratching the back of his head in embarrassment feeling some heat in his face.

“Come on mom you’re embarrassing him.” Bulma said as she lightly pushed Gohan’s back, “We will be out on the balcony catching up mom.”

“Ok, I’ll bring you some snacks and drinks.” Panchy said as she waved and walked into the kitchen.

Bulma and Gohan sat down at the table on the balcony where Bulma looked at Gohan and started laughing. “… what?” Gohan asked looking at Bulma

“… nothing Gohan it’s just that you literally have the power to destroy the planet and you get all flustered when a beautiful woman compliments you. I wonder how you will react when you start school like your mom wants you to, the girls will be all over you.” Bulma said as she finally stopped laughing.

“What do you mean, why would girls be all over me?” Gohan asked in confusion

“… you haven’t realized it yet?” Bulma asked surprised.

“Realized what Bulma?” Gohan asked getting a little frustrated

“… Gohan… you are a catch for any girl your age.” Bulma said looking at Gohan.

“What do you mean?” Gohan asked

“… Gohan, I’ll tell it to you straight you are a very good-looking kid a lot better looking than your dad when he was your age and I have a feeling that you will look even better the older you get. Gohan you are also very smart, strong, have a good heart, you are loyal, and so many other things that any girl would kill for. How have you not realized this yet, I mean I know most men, especially saiyans aren’t good with women, but I thought you would have noticed given how smart you are.” Bulma said looking at Gohan.

“… I’ve never had the chance to interact with women Bulma. I’ve either been training or saving the earth that doesn’t really leave a lot of room for meeting girls.” Gohan said looking down at the cup of juice Panchy brought them.

“… I… oh yeah, you’re right… sorry Gohan.” Bulma said looking at Gohan.

“… it’s alright Bulma… just tell me what’s happened since I’ve left.” Gohan said changing the subject.

“… ok let’s see… Krillin and 18 got married they had a small ceremony and now are expecting a baby.” Bulma said with a smile.

“Really that’s nice for them… wait I didn’t think 18 could get pregnant.” Gohan said looking at Bulma.

“Yeah, me either but 18 said that her and 17 aren’t complete androids like 16.” Bulma explained.

“… oh, right they’re cyborgs, I remember 16 telling me a while ago. That must mean that there was enough human in them to have a baby, that’s good for them I should stop by and congratulate them.” Gohan said.

“Yeah, they would like that I know Krillin would. What else has happened … oh yeah 17 apparently became a park ranger on some island and 16 went to work with him.” Bulma said

“I didn’t expect that… but it’s good that 16 found something he likes.” Gohan said with a smile.

“Yeah, he still comes by occasionally, to see us, but he spends most of his time on the island with 17. Yamcha is still doing well, I haven’t heard from Tien and Chiaotzu since they picked up their Capsule Phones, I think Piccolo is still on the lookout with Dende, and Vegeta has started training Trunks.” Bulma said

“What really… why?” Gohan asked, “Never mind, I can ask him myself.” Gohan said as he sensed Vegeta heading towards him.

“I thought that was you Gohan… it seems like you’ve become a lot stronger than the last time I saw you… good I would be disappointed if your power started slipping. You are the only one on this planet that can give me an actual challenge.” Vegeta said with a quick scowl as he walked out to the balcony with his battle armor torn in places and with cuts and bruises on his body.

“Vegeta it’s good to see you again.” Gohan said with a nod, as Vegeta nodded back.

“… Gohan fight me.” Vegeta said after looking at Gohan for a while.

“NO! you just finished training with Trunks and while I don’t like it, I allow you to do it since it’s one of the only ways you spend time with him, but now that you are done, we are going to do something as a family. Now go get shower and tell Trunks to shower as well or so help me I will dismantle your training room.” Bulma said glaring at Vegeta.

“… We can fight later Vegeta I should head home before my mom gets worried.” Gohan said wanting to leave as soon as possible. “Thanks for the hospitality, Bulma, I’ll call you in a few days and we can spar Vegeta.” Gohan said standing up.

“… that’s acceptable.” Vegeta said looking away from Bulma towards Gohan, “I’ll tell the boy to shower.” Vegeta said as he walked inside the house.

“… thanks Gohan, he hasn’t been the same since your dad decided to stay dead, tell your mom and aunt I said hello.” Bulma said sighing before standing up too.

“… Yeah, no problem, see you later.” Gohan said looking at her.

Gohan then placed his two fingers on his forehead, and he felt his mom’s and energy at home with Launch and then he felt Raditz’s energy it looked like he was fighting someone, Gohan decided to see who Raditz was with first before he vanished from Capsule Corp.

____

(AN: I know that I took forever to release this chapter, but I just wasn’t happy with it no matter how many times I wrote I just felt like it wasn’t right until now. I couldn’t find much information on how Senzu Beans are grown the only thing I was able to find was that it takes almost a year to grow a single bean. Since that was all I was able to find I decided to make up my own process added with what little I know about how normal beans are grown.

I think that a year would be enough for Gohan to learn all the Yardratian techniques besides Forced Spirit Fission. I didn’t want Gohan to learn it at this moment because if he did learn it, he would be to OP, so I had him learn the others with the opportunity of him learning it later.

This works out better because in the manga it seemed like Pybara only taught it to Vegeta so he would be able to deal with Moro. I believe that Gohan would be able to learn almost all the techniques in about a year since he already knows how to mediate compared to Goku and Vegeta who can’t really sit still for too long. I didn’t want to draw out the training on Yardrat to much, so I just explained the techniques and had Gohan learn them off screen.

Gohan’s Multiversal Travels will be the first new fanfiction I will focus on for the month of December. I will start planning out how I want the story to go during the rest of November.)

2