Vol: 8 Ch: 83: The Lab
152 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gohan found himself at Capsule Corp after calling Bulma to let her know he had found the perfect location for his lab, and she told him to come and get her so that she could check it out. Gohan used Instant Transmission, appearing in front of Bulma startling her making her jump, “SHIT!!!”

“… s-sorry Bulma.” Gohan said scratching the back of his head.

“… Damn it, Gohan give somebody some warning before you just pop into existence.” Bulma said holding her chest and taking a couple of deep breaths.

“B… but you knew I was on my way, we just finished speaking to each other.” Gohan pointed out.

“I believe that she wasn’t expecting you to appear right after getting off the phone with her.” A feminine voice said from behind him.

Gohan turned around and saw a beautiful woman, with long bushy red hair, wearing a pair of gold hoop earrings, a short blue and red checkered dress that hugged her body showing off her curves, a white lab coat, black tights, blue and red heels, glasses, and some of the bluest eyes Gohan has ever seen.

“Gohan my boy is it true?” a voice said, drawing Gohan’s attention away from the women towards Dr. Briefs who Gohan realized was standing next to her.

“I… what?” Gohan asked his mind blanking for a second.

“He’s asking about the place for your lab.” Bulma said from behind him, Gohan turned around and saw her looking at him. “you said you found the perfect place for your lab.”

“… Oh! Yeah, I have, Bulma said she would come with me to look at it.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“Ah! perfect, let me know how it looks so we can start working on it.” Dr. Briefs said, smiling at him.

“R-right…I’m sorry but may I know your name…” Gohan said glancing at the woman standing next to Dr. Briefs.

“Oh, right sorry.” Bulma said snaping her fingers, “Gohan this is Vanadis, a researcher we’ve hired to help around the lab, don’t worry she has our trust. Vanadis this is Gohan, you may have heard his name around the house a couple of times.”

“Ah! Yes, it’s nice to finally put a face to the name. It’s nice to meet you, Gohan.” Vanadis said stepping from behind the table she was standing by holding her hand out.

“Nice to meet you too.” Gohan said smiling and shaking her hand, “If Bulma and Dr. Briefs trust you then so do I, I look forward to your help.”

“Yes, and if half of what I’ve heard about you is true than I look forward to working closely with you as well.” Vanadis said smiling.

“I… thank you?” Gohan said blushing.

“… I hate to interrupt but Gohan why don’t you show me this place you found.” Bulma said grinning at him.

“Right, sorry.” Gohan said nodding his head, “It was nice to meet you.”

“It was nice to meet you too.” Vanadis said nodding her head.

“Take my hand.” Gohan said to Bulma, as he placed two fingers to his forehead focusing on the energies near his home, before they vanished, appearing near his house, “Are you ready?”

“Yeah, I am.” Bulma said climbing onto his back, “How far away is the place?”

“… it’s not too far, it’s in the lake where we get our fish for dinner.” Gohan said flying into the air.

“Ok, lead the way.” Bulma said tightening her hold on him.

--

“You weren’t kidding that place was amazing.” Bulma said in awe as they arrived back at Capsule Corp. “How did you even find it?”

“There’s another entrance deep inside the lake that I saw a few years ago while fishing one day and I wanted to explore it, but I didn’t have the time so after our talk I remembered it and I decided to see if it led anywhere.” Gohan explained.

“I see… well it’s a great find, I already have some ideas on how to make use of all that space.” Bulma said connecting the camera she used to her computer.

“That’s great.” Gohan said smiling.

“What’s great?” Dr. Briefs asked, walking down the stairs to the lab, Gohan’s attention was drawn to Vanadis as she was just behind him. Gohan quickly looked away before he was caught staring unfortunately Bulma saw him and smirked at him but thankfully, she didn’t say anything about it.

“The place Gohan found is amazing.” Bulma said spinning in her chair to look at them, “Come look at the pictures I took.” Bulma pulled up the pictures on the computer showing her father, the pictures she took of the lab.

“Wow, is this naturally formed?” Vanadis asked standing behind Gohan as they went through the pictures.

“I believe so, based on what I saw.” Bulma answered, “Speaking of didn’t you say there was another entrance?”

“Y-yeah, it’s in the water here.” Gohan said, pointing at one of the pictures of a ledge with water underneath it.

“How deep in the lake is the second entrance?” Bulma asked.

“I don’t really know I didn’t really have a way to measure it, but I do know that if I was a normal human, I wouldn’t have survived to find the place and that was with me swimming at a decent speed.” Gohan answered.

“Hmm… we should measure how deep it is but, two hard to reach entrances is a pretty good security feature plus we can add some more later so that if one of us normal people want to visit, we have a way.” Bulma said staring at the pictures. “What do you think dad?”

“I think that this is a perfect place for a lab and that we will have our work cut out for us building it, but I think this will be a good project.” Dr. Briefs said petting Scratch’s head.

“How long do you think it will take for us to build it?” Bulma asked looking at her dad.

“Hmm…. it’s hard to give a proper estimate until I walk through it myself, but it might take a while with just the four of us working on it.” Dr. Briefs said stroking his mustache.

“I have a solution for getting us more hands to help.” Gohan said taking a step back and closing his eyes, concentrating as he split himself into a second copy.

“Wow! That’s incredible… is it an exact copy?” Vanadis asked, poking the clone in the chest as she walked around it.

“Yes I am.” The clone answered, startling her.

“Oh, Sorry!” Vanadis said.

“It’s alright.” Gohan answered with a smile.

“Aah! That will prove useful.” Dr. Briefs said, nodding his head.

 

“That could help speed things along, is there a limit to how many copies you can create?” Dr. Briefs asked.

“The limit is 8, but I didn’t want to create all of them at once.” Gohan answered.

“8! but I thought you could only create four copies?” Bulma asked. “At least that’s what I remember from Tien’s fight with your dad at the world tournament.”

“This is different from the technique Tien uses, I learned this one on Yardrat.” Gohan explained.

“What’s the difference?” Bulma asked.

“Tien’s version splits his power between the other copies, making him weaker overall, while this version they’re all as strong as me.” Gohan explained merging back with his clone.

“That’s very useful, how does it work exactly?” Vanadis asked looking at Gohan.

“… that will take a while to explain depending on what you already know about us and what we can do.” Gohan said looking at her.

“I don’t know everything you guys can do but, after being around Bulma and her family and seeing what they can do I was able to deduce that, you guys and that you specifically are the one who saved us from Cell, not Hercule… and I thank you for that.” Vanadis said, bowing her head a little.

“… Don’t mention it, we just did what was right.” Gohan said, waving her off.

“Even if you say that I still want to give you my thanks especially since that fool has taken the credit for himself having everyone believe he’s the reason the earth was saved.” Vanadis said.

“It’s fine with me, I don’t really care much about taking credit as long as the Earth is safe.” Gohan said shrugging. “It also helps keep me out of the spotlight so that I can try and live a normal life.”

“Wow, Bulma wasn’t kidding about you Gohan.” Vanadis said smiling.

“You mentioned that before, may I ask what has Bulma been saying about me?” Gohan asked smiling at her.

“Tha-”

“THAT!... we should get things started if we want to build you this lab.” Bulma said, interrupting them. “Vanadis, could you go get some blueprint paper.”

“Oh! right sorry, right away Mrs. Bulma.” Vanadis said, waving at Gohan before she rushed off.

“… what was that about?” Gohan asked.

“What do you mean… I just want to get things started, the soon we get the plans drawn out the sooner we can get started on your lab.” Bulma said, walking away from him.

“… if you say so.” Gohan said shaking his head knowing better than to try and figure out what was on Bulma’s mind.

“I do say, now let me give you some ideas on what you can do with certain areas.” Bulma said.

--

It had taken almost an entire year for them to finish building and equipping the lab, because Bulma, Dr. Briefs, and Vanadis couldn’t help him every day so that left him doing most of the work with his 8 clones. The others couldn’t always help him because Bulma had to run the day-to-day operations of Capsule Corp with help from Vanadis, while Dr. Briefs did help more, his help was more instructional. Gohan didn’t mind doing most of the heavy lifting, thinking of it as training like his father and Krillin did years ago under Master Roshi.

The part that took the most time was covering all the floors, ceilings, walls, and installing the security doors but once it was done things picked up since all they had to do was decide which sections of the cavern would be used and for what. Vanadis was able to come up with a way to power the lab with waterfall outside and use solar power as a secondary power source.

The lab was separated into many different sections, there was the main laboratory which was the largest area it had everything he would need to do his research and experiments, a workshop where he could build things, a section for testing anything he build including a separate area his more explosive experiments, another was where he could monitor his experiments if they required some distance, and two areas were left alone for future use.  

There was also training area that had gravity chamber, an area with weights and other working out equipment, and some training dummies so he could practice with his sword. There was also a greenhouse where he had started growing Senzu Beans, some fruits, and vegetables, with access to freshwater, and sunlight.

Dr. Briefs encouraged him to build a living area for the times he would be too tired to fly back home or when he needed to be close by for any experiments he happened to be running. Gohan agreed, leaving it to him who had gone overboard building it, it was like a small house it had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, an office, a kitchen/ dining room, and living room. Dr. Briefs would have added more things if Bulma hadn’t put a stop to him.

They also installed a security system, with cameras near the entrances and outside the lab for the off chance anyone found his lab and tried to enter it he would know and be able to stop them if needed. Gohan also had an entrance installed for whenever Bulma or anyone else who couldn’t fly wanted to see him, it was a submarine dock with an elevator that led to the upper levels of the lab.

Gohan already found a favorite part, it was a perfect place for meditation or just relaxing, you could hear the waterfall, and the sounds of nature outside the cavern without going outside. When Gohan first found it and sat down to meditate, he lost track of the time he spent there until his mom called him worried about him breaking him out of his trance.

When he took days off from the construction of the lab, he would spend time with Ginnie, Goten, and Trunks when he came over to play with Goten and Ginnie. Gohan helped them with any homework or just spent time with them, he would also spend some time alone studying, or helping his mom and Launch with any chores around the house which led to him improving his cooking skills, and he would also train with Ginnie and Raditz.

Gohan wanted to start training Goten since Trunks and Ginnie were already training a little, but his mom told him she wanted him to be older, so he didn’t push the issue. Gohan also stopped by to check in with everyone else to see how they were doing, he went to the lookout and Korin’s tower, met Krillin and 18’s daughter Marron when stopped by to see Master Roshi.

Gohan also spent some of his time reading and studying everything he could about human biology, anatomy, and anything else he could get his hands on to help him better understand the human body, hoping to use everything he learned to help with any of the experiments he wanted to run.

Before the year ended Raditz and Vegeta had both managed to reach Super Saiyan 2, with Raditz reaching it first because he would train with Gohan more leading to him growing stronger faster. Vegeta had reached it a few days later when Gohan sensed his power level shoot up one day while he was meditating.

Bulma didn’t show up for a few days when she did, she told Gohan that Vegeta blew up the Gravity Chamber and the training robots again when it happened, and he demanded her to fix it so he could continue training. Bulma had refused at first, telling him that until he learned to appreciate all that she does for him she won’t waste her time fixing things just so he can break them all over again. However, Bulma told Gohan they struck some sort of deal and that in the end she spent the last few days fixing everything with help from Vanadis.

They soon finished building the lab and had a small celebration for a job well done, “So Gohan what’s the first thing you plan on doing in here?” Bulma asked as they walked towards the dock.

“… I want to run a couple of experiments comparing Saiyan Biology to humans.” Gohan said glancing over at her noticing that he was almost as tall as her slowly growing taller over the year.

“Really, that sounds very interesting do you want some help?” Bulma asked.

“… sure, I can use all the help I can get.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“Great let me know when you are ready to start, and I’ll come over.” Bulma said stopping in front of her ship turning to look at him.

“I will…Thank you for everything Bulma.” Gohan said giving her a big hug.

“…anytime Gohan.” Bulma said returning the hug.

“Give my thanks to your dad and Vanadis please.” Gohan said as Bulma climbed into her ship.

“I will, bye Gohan.” Bulma said as the ship sank into the water and drove away.

_____

(AN: I’ve been sitting on this chapter for a while and haven’t had the time to upload it until now, I ended up adding an extra chapter because I felt like it would be better to describe the lab a bit, so I don’t have to explain certain things like where he got extra Senzu Beans, and I wanted to introduce Vanadis as well.

Vanadis is based on the female researcher from DBZ: Kakarot who’s based off Android 21 who I know is named Vomi, but right now she’s just a human researcher and not Android 21, now that might change in the future if I can find a way to make it happen, but don’t hold me to it. If you guys have some ideas on how I make it happen, I wouldn’t mind hearing them.

Now in the next chapter I will have Gohan, start doing research, experiments, and hopefully create some things in his lab with some help from Bulma and Vanadis so I hope you look forward to it. I know having Vegeta and Raditz unlocking Super Saiyan 2 off screen isn’t great, but I feel like it fits their personalities better if they managed to unlock it on their own, especially Vegeta.)

2