Vol: 8 Ch: 85: The Stars
177 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside Son Household

 “.. and that’s everything King Kai told me.” Gohan finished telling his family about his conversation with King Kai and what he told him about them getting a chance to visit Goku.

“W-we will get to see my Goku?” Chi-Chi asked hand up to her mouth, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Yeah, mom we will hopefully be able to see dad soon, King Kai said that he was working on it and that he would contact me once he gets everything sorted out.” Gohan said smiling at her.

“Oh, that’s so amazing I can hardly wait, isn’t that great Goten you will be able to meet your dad.” Chi-Chi cheered suddenly picking him up, hugging him tightly, and twirling around. Goten cheered and laughed.

“That’s such wonderful news Chi-Chi.” Good Launch said smiling at her antics.

“I bet you are happy Auntie.” Ginnie said, smiling at her.

“Yes, I am dear.” Chi-Chi said smiling brightly at her, “I can’t believe it’s been five years, and I bet he hasn’t aged a day over there… wait!... when did King Kai say we could go?” Chi-Chi asked, suddenly looking concerned.

“H-he didn’t he just said that he would contact me once he finished talking to some people but from the way he said it, it seemed like it could take a while… why?” Gohan asked, wondering about her sudden mood change.

“Well, I can’t exactly go see him looking like this…” Chi-Chi replied, placing Goten back on the ground. “…I should plan a trip to the beauty salon and get some work done, I have to look my best for when I see my Goku again.”

“That sounds like a lovely idea, I haven’t gone in a while either how about we make a girls day out of it?” Good Launch asked, looking at Chi-Chi and Ginnie who shrugged her shoulders.

“That sounds wonderful Launch, let’s see if we can go make an appointment for tomorrow.” Chi-Chi said, grabbing her hand leading/dragging her inside the house.

“Ginnie, can you take Goten inside I need to talk to your dad for a little bit.” Gohan said turning to look at her.

“… ok Gohan.” Ginnie answered nodding after a while, she grabbed Goten’s hand, and walked into the house.

Raditz looked at him confusion on his face as he turned towards him, “… did Kakarot say anything else?”

“… Yeah, he gave me some training advice and confirmed something that I believe you and even Vegeta will be happy to hear.” Gohan stated, smiling at Raditz.

“He confirmed something that we would be happy to hear, what did h… he confirmed there’s another level beyond Super Saiyan 2!?” Raditz almost shouted, “Did he tell you how to reach it?”

“No, he didn’t tell me how to reach it, he’s having problems reaching it too…” Gohan said, shaking his head, before remembering the advice he gave him. “…but I think he might have given me a clue though.”

“What did he tell you?” Raditz asked.

“… he told me to think outside the box with my training, by coming up with new training methods if I want to see results.” Gohan answered.

“What do you think he meant by that?” Raditz asked.

“I can only guess right now…but when I do train it’s always with you or by myself.” Gohan said thinking out loud.

“Do you think he wants you to train with different people?” Raditz asked.

“… that won’t hurt but, I think he meant that I should try something different instead of my usual methods, something that pushes me pass my limits.” Gohan said, rubbing his chin thinking.

“How does he expect you to do that?” Raditz asked.

“… I don’t have any ideas right now, the only thing I can think of right now is convincing Vegeta to train with us.” Gohan said shrugging.

“Vegeta train… With us?” Raditz asked before chuckling. “I don’t see that happening.”

“Yeah, I know but I can’t think of any other way for me to push myself past my limits right now besides fighting two Super Saiyan 2’s, since there’s currently no one else on the planet that can keep up with us. There’s also the fact that the two of us have sparred against each other enough times that we’re getting used to how the other fight’s leading us to being able to somewhat predict what the other is going to do and we can’t get any stronger that way.” Gohan explained. “This could also help the two of you in the long run.”

“… you have a point, but I still don’t see Vegeta agreeing to spar against me again unless he has no other choice. Now you, yeah, I can see him agreeing to spar with you he holds you in high regard but me, I don’t see that happening.” Raditz said shaking his head.

“Not, if I ask him straight up, but if I tell him about my conversation with my dad today, and that he confirmed that there’s level beyond Super Saiyan 2, while also hinting that he thinks that fighting strong opponents could help you unlock the next level then he might agree. Now, can you think of anything else besides fighting two Super Saiyan 2’s, at the same time that can push us to and possibly past our limits.” Gohan said smiling at Raditz, who shook his head, Gohan pulled out his phone sending Bulma a message asking if Vegeta was home. “I could also train with Ginnie too I’ve been promising her that I would for a while, that would be something new.”

“…Yeah, if you say it that way then I can see him agreeing to train with us.” Raditz laughed. “That would be good she’s been asking to train with you for a while.”

“Bulma says Vegeta is home.” Gohan said, looking up from his phone. “You want to come along?”

Raditz shook his head, “… no I think it will be better if you go alone, like I said he respects you more than me so it will probably go better if I’m not there with you, I might say something that would piss him off.”

“Yeah, alright, I’ll see you later.” Gohan said shaking his head with a smile, putting the phone away and focusing on the five energy signatures at Capsule Corp.

--

Gohan was at Capsule Corp sitting across from Vegeta, “Bulma said you needed to talk with me and that it was something I needed to hear… so let’s hear it.” Vegeta said, crossing his arms looking at them.

“Right, I’ll cut to the chase my dad contacted me earlier today after my training, and he confirmed that there is in fact a level beyond Super Saiyan 2.” He internally smiled seeing Vegeta lose his composure for a second before his face returned to normal.

“… and how did Kakarot confirm this?” Vegeta asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

“Same way I did, he told me that ever since he mastered Super Saiyan 2 he began feeling something deep inside him telling him that there’s something more… that he can still go further beyond.” Gohan said looking at Vegeta.

Gohan saw anger flash in Vegeta’s eyes hearing that Goku had already mastered Super Saiyan 2, but he quickly brought himself back under control, “… Did Kakarot say anything else?”

“Yeah, he also gave me some advice on my training, which leads me to the two reason’s I came here for.” Gohan answered.

“Which are?” Vegeta asked.

“One is that I think you should occasionally spar with Raditz and me, I can guess what you are going to say but hear me out first...” Gohan said raising a hand to stop Vegeta from interrupting him, Vegeta looked at him before giving him a quick nod, “Neither of us will grow any stronger if we keep doing the same training routine over and over again, that’s why I said we should occasionally spar. That way we can push ourselves more than usual and what better way to truly test and push yourself than fighting against two Super Saiyans 2 at the same time.”

“… you may have a point… you are the only one alive I deem worthy enough for me to test myself against… and I can see how it may prove fruitful fighting against two Super Saiyan 2’s… I’ll keep what you said in mind if I wish to test myself.” Vegeta replied walking out before stopping to glance back at Gohan, “What was the second reason?”

“… oh, right can you recommend any places for me to train off world?” Gohan asked.

“Why?” Vegeta asked, turning to look at him.

“Well if I want to grow stronger than I need to step out of my comfort zone, by trying new training methods and what better way than training off world.” Gohan replied.

 “… I’ll write you a list and give it to Bulma.” Vegeta said, with a smirk before walking out of the room. “There might be hope for the Saiyan race after all.” Gohan heard Vegeta mutter as he walked away.

“… well, that went like I expected it to go.” Gohan mumbled to himself, looking up after hearing some footsteps headed towards him.

“Hey, Gohan, what’s this about Vegeta giving me a list?” Bulma asked, walking into the living room.

“Oh, Hey Bulma, I asked him to recommend some places that I could use to train off world, he said he would make a list and give it to you.” Gohan explained.

“Oh, ok is that why you needed to talk to him?” Bulma asked.

“No, not the entire reason, I also came to tell him about a conversation I had with my dad.” Gohan replied. Going on to tell her about his conversation with King Kai and his father, while also telling her that he was getting permission to visit, something he conveniently forgot to tell Vegeta.

“So, you guys will be able to visit Goku occasionally, as soon as King Kai gets everything set up?” Bulma summarized, looking at him.

“Yeah, that’s about the gist of it.” Gohan nodded in confirmation.

“That’s sounds amazing, I’m glad for you guys, but it kind of sucks that no one else can visit.” Bulma said, with a small smile. “…Although, I can understand why King Kai is doing that, imagine if Vegeta knew, he would be showing up at your house demanding you to take him with you just so he could fight your dad.” Bulma laughed.

“Yeah, that sounds like something he would do.” Gohan laughing along.

“Yeah, but don’t worry I won’t tell him, how did your mom take the news?” Bulma asked.

“She took it very well, I haven’t seen her this happy since Goten was born, she’s even planning a trip to the beauty salon with Launch and Ginnie, and making it a girl’s day out.” Gohan replied with a smile, “Goten is also excited to finally be able to meet dad.”

“Aw, I wish I could see his face when he meets Goku.” Bulma said smiling. “…A trip to the salon sounds like a wonderful idea, I wouldn’t mind going too… I should see if they mind me tagging along.”

“I think mom would like that, you should call her and see… speaking of her.” Gohan said pulling out his phone, seeing a message from his mom, “Sorry Bulma, it looks like mom wants me home for something.”

“Ok, I’ll wait for the list, but I have to warn you I won’t be able to prep the ship, anytime soon I hope that’s ok.” Bulma said.

“That’s fine, is there something I can help with?” Gohan asked.

“Normally I would say yes but not this time, we’re in the final stages of finishing your gift, and I don’t want to ruin the surprise.” Bulma shook her head. “Sorry, but we will need your help installing it once we’re done.” Bulma added.

“Oh, really will you finally tell me what it is?” Gohan asked eager to hear more about it.

“Nope, you will find out when were done, now don’t ask again.” Bulma replied placing her hands on her hips glaring up at him.

“Fine, no problem I won’t.” Gohan said rising his hands in surrender.

“Good, I’ll let you know when we’re ready to come over to install it, which should be… in about two months.” Bulma said, crossing her arms and holding her chin.

“Sounds good, I guess I’ll head home now.” Gohan smiled at her, placing his fingers on his forehead.

“Ok see you later… Oh Wait! don’t forget to tell your mom that I’ll call her later ok.” Bulma said, stopping him.

“You got it, bye Bulma.” Gohan nodded, as he teleported home.

--

Gohan, Raditz, and Goten were sitting underneath the shade of a large tree, Gohan and Raditz were doing some Image Training, while Goten watched them curiosity on his face. The girls had all gone to the salon leaving them to their own devices for the day they had decided to go camping, taking a little break, while also trying to come up with some new training methods they could try for when Vegeta didn’t want to train with them.

Gohan fired four quick energy blasts at Raditz who knocked them away, Gohan used the distraction to appear behind him, Raditz turned around blocking a punch from Gohan and countered with his own punch which Gohan caught, wrapped his hand around his wrist, and pulled Raditz spinning him around before tossing him into the air.

Gohan fired a ki blast at Raditz who was still flying, then charged his next attack, “Masenko…” Raditz stabilized himself as the blast reached him, quickly knocking it away just for Gohan to teleport behind him, “Ha!”

“Oh, Crap Baske-” Raditz started saying before, the attack hit him in the back sending him flying forward.

Gohan didn’t let up knowing that he couldn’t really hurt Raditz here, so he decided to test out a new move he had been thinking about and was waiting for the right chance to test it out. Gohan raised one hand into the air with his palm up as Raditz started flying back towards him.

“Taking a page out of your father’s book.” Raditz stated grinning, stopping noticing the large yellow disk appearing above Gohan’s palm, “You know that move works better if no one sees it coming right?”

“Yeah, but I’m testing something new out, and this is the perfect time to try it out since you can’t die.” Gohan said focusing his energy into his palm.

“Oh! … ok let’s see this new attack then.” Raditz said smiling standing still, spreading his arms out.

“Alright here we go… Destructo Disk!” Gohan said as he finished charging the attack throwing it as he brought his other arm up, he shouted, “Scatter!”

Raditz eyes went wide as the disk, scattered into a dozen medium sized ones that he managed to control to surrounded him, Gohan then brought both hands together in a clapping motion making all the disks close in on Raditz shredding him to pieces. Raditz fell forward panting being kicked out of the mindscape as he lost the battle.

“… looks like I lost.” Raditz chuckled.

“Gohan won?” Goten asked smiling at them.

“Yeah, I did.” Gohan said with a smile opening his eyes, looking to see Raditz and Goten smiling at him. “So, what did you think, do you like Image Training?”

“… it’s interesting, and I can see the potential but it’s not something that I see myself doing often... I need to move around.” Raditz said standing up and stretching.

“It’s alright, I don’t do it that often either because I find it’s better to use it with someone else but, I find that it’s good to do every once in a while, and it’s great for testing out new techniques without worrying about damages.” Gohan said.

“Speaking of that was a great attack... how did you come up with it?” Raditz asked, holding out his hand for Gohan.

“I decided to try combining Krillin’s Destructo Disk with Piccolo’s Hellzone Grenade and that’s the end result.” Gohan replied with a smile, taking his hand to stand up.

“Well, that’s ingenious and pretty deadly, do you have a name for the attack?” Raditz asked, looking at him.

“Not yet.” Gohan said shaking his head.

“Don’t worry about it you’ll come up with one eventually.” Raditz said slapping his shoulder.

“Gohan are you guys done?” Goten asked looking up to them.

“Yeah, we’re done Goten.” Gohan replied smiling at him.

“Can we play now?” Goten asked jumping up and down a little.

“Yeah, Goten we can play now.” Gohan said smiling at him, ruffling his hair. “What do you want to play?”

“Hmmm…. I know, Tag your it!” Goten said tagging Gohan and running away as fast as he could.

Gohan and Raditz laughed looking at Goten run as fast as he could in the opposite direction, “I guess I should go after him.” Gohan said smiling.

“Yeah, you should.” Raditz said smiling back, “I’ll see you later I’m going to go hunting for some food, can you get some firewood while you are at it?”

“Yeah, no problem.” Gohan replied waving at Raditz before slowly running after Goten shouting that he was going to get him.

Gohan spent the rest of the day playing different games with Goten, before Raditz returned with some dinosaur meat, while Gohan caught some fish with Goten’s help which they cooked over the fire, while telling stories about their adventures, and coming up with some training ideas. After Goten had fallen asleep, Gohan and Raditz sat in silence by the fire looking up at the stars, on the moonless night Gohan was lost in thought thinking of something Goten had said, “Gohan...Gohan.”

“Hmm…” Gohan mumbled said turning to look at Raditz, who had thrown a pebble at him.

“What are you thinking about?” Raditz asked.

“I’m thinking about what Goten said a while ago… you know about traveling the stars.” Gohan said gesturing at the sky.

“What about it?” Raditz asked.

“I was thinking about my trips to Namek and Yardrat about how fascinating they were, and how much I grew as a person by what I experienced on them and was thinking about how many other planets out there that have so many things to offer.” Gohan replied looking back up at the stars.

“… what brought this on?”

“Dad said that he thinks the way to reach the next level is to step out of my comfort zone so I asked Vegeta for a list of places where I could train off world when I saw him the other day and when Goten said he wants to go to other worlds, I got to thinking if there are any planets I could visit as well.” Gohan said, turning to look at him. “Do you know any?”

“… not at the moment sorry, Frieza would just point us at a planet and tell us to conquer it and that was it.” Raditz said sighing.

“… yeah, I had a feeling just thought I should ask.” Gohan replied sighing as well, before lying down on his sleeping bag looking up at the stars. “Goodnight.”

“Night.” Raditz answered laying down as well.

“WAIT!” Gohan exclaimed, sitting up suddenly.

“What?” Raditz asked, sitting up, turning to look at him.

“Didn’t you tell me a while ago that Frieza has a brother?” Gohan asked, looking at him.

“Y-yeah… Cooler, why are you asking about him?” Raditz asked confused.

“What happened to him?”

“What do you mean?” Raditz asked.

“Well, I’m guessing that he must know by now that his father and brother have been killed right?” Gohan asked looking at Raditz.

“… yeah, he should probably know by now, it’s been a few years, but that doesn’t explain why you are asking about him and why now.” Raditz stated, looking at him in confusion.

“Well, like you said it’s been a few years since his father and brother have died and, he hasn’t come looking for revenge or anything like that.” Gohan answered.

“… well back when I worked for Frieza, I never met Cooler but based on how Frieza spoke about him, I could tell that they didn’t have the best of relationships, so that might be why.” Raditz explained. “There’s also the fact that he’s the one running things, now that his father and brother are dead.”

“… no even if they didn’t have the best relationship, he should feel some type of way if he found out his family was killed, I mean how would you feel if you were in his place?” Gohan asked.

“I… I would be angry I guess; I mean I may have not liked them, but they were still my family, and I would want to get some sort of revenge against those who harmed my family.” Raditz said slowly.

“Exactly, now there might be the chance that he really doesn’t care that his family is dead, but if you were him, you should at least be worried about whoever killed your family, right?” Gohan asked looking at Raditz who nodded slowly, “Whoever they are could be a problem for your business so you would want to know everything you can about them right?”  

“R-right, I think I see what you are getting at, but I still don’t see a problem even if Cooler did come here, he wouldn’t stand a chance against us, I mean there are three Super Saiyan 2’s on the planet even I would think twice before launching an attack.” Raditz explained.

“But that’s the thing if I was him, I wouldn’t even try to land on the planet to kill everyone all I would need to do is step out of my ship and destroy the planet while in orbit since I can breathe in space, and there would be nothing we could do to stop it.” Gohan explained.

“I-I see what you mean… but there’s no point in worrying about things that may or may not happen all we can do is keep an eye out and keep up with our training while hoping that Cooler decides that we aren’t worth the trouble.” Raditz said yawning. “Now go to bed.” Raditz said laying back down and closing his eyes.

“I- alright good night.” Gohan sighed, laying back down.

“N-night” Raditz yawned.

“He’s right I shouldn’t worry about things that are out of my control… but that doesn’t mean I can’t prepare if he does show up.” Gohan thought before closing his eyes and slowly falling asleep.

--

October

Gohan was floating out in the vacuum of space in his Super Saiyan 2 form, sweat floating off his body, he had spent the last two months training his body to survive the planet’s upper atmosphere. Every other day Gohan would fly up as high as he could and stay there until he could stay without any problems breathing, he would then go past his previous limit and start the process all over again.

He may have cheated a bit when Mr. Popo had appeared behind him one day scaring the crap out of him and suggested he ask Shenron to give him the ability to adapt to strenuous situations quicker, Gohan had thought it over and agreed that it was a good wish. Mr. Popo helped Gohan gather the Dragon Balls to make his wish; Shenron granted his wish no problem after seeing Mr. Popo standing with him but not before telling him that the wish only let him adapt quicker and that he still needed to train his body.

Gohan thanked Shenron who just grunted and left, Gohan then jumped up to catch the four-star ball before it flew off, he turned around to thank Mr. Popo for his help, but found himself standing alone. Gohan gave a silent thanks to the man before returning the dragon ball back home before he flew up to start his training.

Gohan was focusing on what sort of training he could to do, he noticed some meteoroids that were heading towards the planet, he flew towards them and started punching, kicking, and blasting them. Gohan lost track of time on how long he was at it, stopping when he noticed a small moon sized asteroid heading towards him, “That could prove troublesome, if left alone… guess this is the perfect time to try out a full powered attack.”

Gohan powered up to his maximum placed his hands in front of him, “Kaaa-Meee-” he poured as much energy as he could spare into his palms a small blue ball of light appearing in it slowly growing as he brought his hands to his side “Haaa-Meee-” he clenched his teeth pouring more energy into the attack now the size of a large ball, “HAAA!!!” he thrust his hands forward.

The beam grew larger the further it got quickly growing larger the closer until it grew larger than the asteroid disintegrated it on contact while vaporizing the surrounding meteoroids once Gohan saw that he cut off energy to the attack dropping to his base form panting. Gohan watched in amazement eating a Senzu Bean, watching as the beam continued flying away, he stared at it until it slowly disappeared, “I wonder what happens to those beams when they fire off like that… oh well can’t worry about it now.” Gohan thought shaking his head, calling it a day, and teleporting home.

1000 Years Later

Gohan’s Kamehameha kept flying into space surprising not hitting anything all those years, until a familiar reddish-brown planet inhabited by bug people appeared in its path the beam kept going until it struck the planet destroying it for the third time in its history.

____

(AN: The last couple of months have sucked, I’m not going to go into too much detail, all I will say is that a couple of things in my house broke down and I had to fix them myself or pay to get them fixed, not leaving me much time to write. When I did have some time, I wasn’t happy with what I did write forcing me to take a break and focus on other things for a bit.

I haven’t come up with a name for the move Gohan used on Raditz during their Image Training, so if you guys have some ideas, I’ll love to hear them. A reminder if you find any errors, please let me know so I can fix them. I originally planned on having Gohan have a fighting scene with Vegeta and then one with both Raditz and Vegeta at the same time, but I decided to wait until after he gets back from King Kais.

That scene of Gohan in space was taken from when Cell did the same thing during his arc, I really liked it and decided to use it for a small training scene, I will have him do some more training in space later. I also used some inspiration from fanfic I read a while ago, so I decide to do something similar but a little different by having Gohan getting some help from -Lord- Mr. Popo.

That next chapter will focus on Vanadis’s origin, to start moving some things along the chapter will be split into three maybe four parts. There will more than likely be a lot of talking in those parts so please bear with me, it will all serve a purpose, in the end.)

2