Vol: 8 Ch: 87: Startling Discovery (2)
302 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Age 75?

Deep inside a cave the sound of tinkering around is heard from within, there is also the faint sound of someone talking, but upon closer inspection it is revealed that there is only one person in the cave, Dr. Gero. Who is working in silence on a large man with a reddish almost orange mohawk who was laying on a lab table, the voice from earlier is reveled to be coming from a computer a video of a person, who is the spitting image of the man lying on the table.

“May 12th, 750… 4:30 pm. Red Ribbon HQ.” The man on the screen is wearing a uniform of some sort and seems to be in some room with a bird chirping in the background.

“Hey, Dad. I, uh… I arrived at headquarters safely and finished putting everything away. I was told I don’t have a bunkmate yet… which is good considering my size.” The man chuckled scratching the back of his head.

“Well… I just wanted to send you this video letting you know that I arrived safely and before you and Uncle Frap started working those robot guys. I know you guys were thinking of calling them Artificial Humans, but that name is kinda long.” He chuckled.

“Have you thought about calling them Cyborgs? Like from that movie we saw with mom…before she… passed.” The man sighed, scratching his cheek looking away from the screen.

“Well… I just wanted to let you know that I... miss you dad...” The man said clearing his throat before looking back at the screen. “And that… w-what the -” the man said looking away from the screen, as alarms started going off and seconds later someone started banging on his door.

“Hey, move your ass! Some ‘thing’ is attacking the compound and is tearing its way through the base!” the person outside shouted. “We gotta mobilize!” 

“Kaaa…” a third childlike voice could be heard chanting something in the background. “meee…”

“Uhh… sorry dad gotta go…” the man stood up finger hovering over the keyboard ready to end the call.

“haaa…” the third voice continued saying, “meee…”

“Love yo-” the man started saying before he was cut off.

“HAAA!!!!” the third voice shouted as a blinding light flashed into the room, and then everything went dead. After a few seconds of static the video started playing again.

Gero knew deep down that watching this video repeatedly wasn’t healthy, but he didn’t care, so he put all his effort into finding out who was responsible for the death of his son, and it hadn’t taken him long to find out. Especially, after he went to the scene looking for clues, he found a few survivors who described the one responsible, he discovered that what killed his son was the Kamehameha Wave.

Once he discovered that he investigated until he found out that the Turtle Hermit only had two students who were within the right age range and after finding and watching videos of the previous World Martial Arts Tournament, he discovered the name of the person who took his son away from him. ‘Son Goku.’ Once he had the name Gero focused all his resources to find out everything he could about him, he abandoned most of his work to get justice for his son.

Gero was consumed with thoughts of revenge, but after watching those videos he knew that he stood no chance against the boy, so he devised a plan to study all the boys’ fights and techniques to find a way to eventually defeat the boy. That’s why he created an insectoid nano bug for that specific purpose, while his bug followed Son Goku, he would focus on creating the perfect weapon to help him achieve his goal he was going to build the perfect Android – no, the perfect Cyborg for that.

--

Age 763

“Those two are becoming too much trouble, no matter what I do I can’t seem to curb their rebellions nature... I might need to come up with an alternative solution for killing Son Goku.” Dr. Gero muttered to himself walking out of a local grocery store. When he came to a sudden stop his eyes drawn to a news report about a girl who had survived a terrible accident that killed her parents but had left her with amnesia.

“Local authorities are looking for any information that could lead to locating any other living family. If you recognize the girl or know if she has any living family, please contact local authorities.” The anchor reported.

“V-Vomi?” He choked out, his hand reaching up to touch the glass separating him from the tv. He couldn’t believe his eyes; the picture being shown of the girl was the spitting image of his what his deceased wife looked like when they were younger. “No… it’s not her…” He whispered, shaking his head trying to clear his mind of the memories that were surfacing.

“Do you recognize her?” a voice asked near him, drawing him back to reality, he finally noticed there were two police officers standing next to him drinking coffee, watching the same report.

“N-no officer.” Gero denied shaking his head.

“Are you sure?” the officer asked, looking at him. “I noticed you reacted to the picture.”

“…y-yes, I’m sure.” Gero said nodding his head, scolding himself for being so lost in thought that he didn’t notice them standing there. “I-it’s just she looks a lot like my deceased wife when she was that age.”

“Oh, my condolences, if I brought up any unpleasant memories.” The other officer said, giving him a small nod.

“No worries she’s been gone for a while.” Gero said waving him off, “I should get going.” Gero said walking away as the news changed to something else.

“Wait!” the other officer called after him.

Gero mentally cursed himself, for brining unwanted attention to himself, “Yes, officer?” he asked, turning back.

“Sorry to stop you but I wanted to ask if it’s possible that she is a relative?” he asked.

“Unfortunately, not officer, my wife and I didn’t get the chance to have any children before she passed, and she was an only child.” Gero said looking at him.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” The officer apologized, “I just had to ask, you understand right?”

“Yes, I do officer you are just doing your job.” Gero said, giving him a small nod.

“Ok, sorry to hold you up, have a good day.” The officer said to him.

“You, too.” Gero said walking away.

“Is this a sign? She’s the spitting image of my Vomi… maybe this is my second chance at rebuilding my family again.” Gero thought to himself as he kept walking until he was out of sight of the officers.

“N-no… I can’t afford to bring any more attention to myself, not when I still have so much work to do to fulfill my revenge. I must focus on doing everything I can to kill Son Goku.” Gero muttered shaking his head, taking out the capsule that held his car.

A few weeks later it was reported that she had regained her memories, her name was, ‘Vanadis’, it was also revealed that she had no other living relatives so it was determined that she would be sent to a local orphanage. “It is a sign, if she goes to an orphanage then that means I could get my hands on her once the news around her dies down. I do need to bring my family back together again once I destroy Son Goku.” Gero thought a crazy glint in his eyes, staring at the Android he was working on the one modeled after his late son, he then started going over various ideas in his head on how to accomplish that.

--

Age 764

Gero made a drone to follow her, while waiting for all the media on her to die out, before making his move, but it took awhile because she stayed in the news for a while, while he waited, he decided to do some research on her. Finding out that she had been in the news before because of some accomplishments in the academic and scientific field, she had created some amazing things for school projects. He found himself getting more and more impressed with her the more he found and with what he saw, he started believing that this girl was his wife reincarnated.

Soon the perfect opportunity appeared when it was announced that after graduating high school at 13, she was planning a trip around the world to gain some life experience, before pursuing a higher education. Gero set his plan in motion waiting for when his drone would alert him when she was alone and nearby, and when it did, he quickly and quietly captured her and brought her to his lab.

Where he placed her in a special prototype stasis pod, he had built that would allow her to continue growing and help her develop while inside the pod. He started his plans to turn her into a Cyborg like 17 and 18, but better than them in every way and maybe even better than him, which is why he focused on working on her alone for a while, even designating her as Project #21.

He wore himself out working on her just like he did when working on him, he thought eyes landing on the pod that held the finished Android, modeled after his late son Gevo, knowing deep down that he would properly never activate her either. That is why he decided to move her to a second smaller lab he had built in a cave he found when he was out gathering supplies one day.

--

May 11th Age 767

It took him years to finish everything needed to kill Son Goku, he had made himself an Android, he still doesn’t quite know how he managed to do that, he built Android 19, and had begun work Project C. It took him longer than he planned since he had to split his time between Site B where Project #21 had been moved to and his main lab, and because he didn’t want anyone else to know about Site B it was his secret, which is why built his supercomputer here and not there. Project #21 still had about 3 years left in the stasis pod before she would be ready for activation.

Today he was performing some last-minute checks before the final test run tomorrow, before going after Son Goku he had even picked the perfect location a little island nine miles off south city. He decided to take 19 with him instead of 17 and 18 since they were still too rebellious, and he didn’t want to risk them getting out of control.

“I’ll move him to where his mother is tomorrow.” Gero mumbled his eyes landing on the pod that held 16. “It’s almost time, nothing can go wrong.” Gero said smiling as he activated 19.

--

May 12th

“Ok, I’ve greatly miscalculated things. I didn’t expect Son Goku and his friends to be there waiting for us, it was like they knew we were going to be there and that there would be two of us. They also somehow knew we were androids, and there’s also that other boy there’s no record of him. I also didn’t account for how much stronger Son Goku and his friends had become, since the Saiyans landed. There’s also the fact that I lost 19 to a mere child. Seriously, what the hell is Namek!?” Gero thought as he ran to his lab to activate 17 and 18.

Gero had quickly taken care of who he believes was Tien, entered his lab, and started the process of having all his data and research notes to be transferred to Site B a failsafe he had built in case the main lab was compromised. He glanced at the pod that held 16 regretting not moving him yesterday, he then grabbed the remote needed to shut down 17 and 18 which he would use once they defeated Son Goku’s friends.

--

A Few Miles Outside of West City

Inside a hidden cavern a computer screen flickers on…

Booting…

Site B Coming Online…

Alert! – Incoming Records From Site A…

Warning! – Main Lab Compromised…

Alert! – Data Transfer Initiated – Rerouting All Data to Site B…

Alert! – New Parameters Established ~ Rerouting All Data Pertinent for Destruction of Son Goku...

Alert! – Beginning Upload Of File SG750-764…

8%...

16%...

Error!

Error!

Upload Failed… Reattempting Standby…

Warning! – Upload Failed… Reattempting … Standby…

Alert! – Connection With Sub Lab Lost…

Error!

Error!

Error! – Data Transfer Incomplete…

Awaiting Further Instructions…

..

.

No Further Instructions Received ~ Entering Hibernation Mode To Preserve Power…

….

..

.

Age 770

Warning! – Insufficient Power ~ Please Refuel…

..

.

Warning! – Project #21 Will Awaken If Fuel Not Added…

..

.

Warning! – Project #21 Awaking…

Caution! – Project #21 Not Complete…

Alert! – Initiating Failsafe…

17%...

18%...

Error!

Error!

Warning! – Failsafe Failed ~ Reattempting…

Reattempt Successful…

21%...

..

.

Warning!

Warning!

Warning! – Insignificant Power ~ Shut-ting… Dow…

--

Vanadis woke to some sort of beeping sound, “Come on just a few more minutes.” She mumbled, raising her hand to hit the snooze button. When her hand smacked against something hard, causing her eyes to snap open to see that she was in some sort of container with a small window at eye level, that showed that she wasn’t in the same room she went to sleep in last night.

“What!? What the hell?? Where am I? HELP!! SOMEONE!” Vanadis started shouting and pounding on her surroundings trying to get out of whatever she was in. She didn’t notice that whatever she was inside of had started to give way because she started having trouble breathing before things went dark and she passed out.

When Vanadis woke again she noticed that everything was silent and pitch black, whatever she had been inside of had been opened if the air she felt, was any indication. She stayed there letting her eyes adjust to the darkness while straining her ears to see if she could make out any sort of sounds but heard nothing.

“Ok, V let’s try and figure out where we are and what happened.” Vanadis mumbled to herself, “The last thing I remember is going to sleep and then… that’s it, what the hell why can’t I remember anything else.” Vanadis mumbled rubbing her temple as she felt a stab of pain, trying to remember.

“Ahh! Never mind I got to find a way out of wherever I am and then I can collect my thoughts.” She mumbled.

Once her eyes adjusted, she could make out some shapes in the dark, so she slowly climbed her way out of whatever she was laying in, doing her best not to smack into anything, almost tripping over something on the floor. She managed to stay on her feet, by bracing herself on what felt like a table, she continued making her way forward hands stretched out in front of her, she walked until she felt some sort of metal which she used to guide herself until they ran across something that felt like a light switch that she flicked a couple of times to no avail.

“Ok so no power, that sucks, I guess I have to make my way out in the dark, hopefully I don’t run into anything dangerous.” She sighed. She kept her hand on the wall using it to guide her to something that felt like a door near where the light switch was, she felt around until she came across what she believed was a handle which she opened.

The door opened outward, reveling more darkness beyond it, “Great, I get to keep stumbling through the dark.” She muttered, straining her ears listening for any sounds, but only hearing her own slow breathing and her beating heart. “Seems safe to continue.”

She left the door open making her way out keeping her hand on the wall while she walked until the steel wall turned rough like some sort of rock, “Am I in some sort of cave? Crap hopefully I’m heading in the right way I don’t want to get lost.”

After a short while her hand came across some metal wall again, she ran her hand across it until she felt some sort of handle like grove, “I hope this is what I think it is.” She muttered as she pulled it open with little effort.

The first thing she saw was some sort of light coming from an opening further ahead she headed towards it, once she reached it, she was greeted by the full moon in a clear night sky. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath enjoying the cool air washing over her, she then opened her eyes and the first thing she noticed was that she was in some sort of hidden hole high up in a mountain.

The second thing she noticed was that she was wearing some sort dark under suit with covering for her feet that she wasn’t wearing before, it hugged her body showing off some other changes, like she seemed to be taller, and her breasts seemed bigger then when she went to bed last night. “…Uh… what the hell!” she muttered touching and squeezing them both, “Oh… wow… questions for later. First, I need to find which direction to head towards.” She said shaking her head and looking around.

Eventually noticing what seemed to be some sort of light source coming from the distance, “I think that might be a city, I guess I know where to go now. Should I wait until morning before moving?” She muttered, before glancing over her shoulder to see nothing but darkness leading back towards where she escaped from, she felt a shiver go down her spine seeing it.

“No…I should leave now I don’t want to risk anyone knowing I escaped, until I’ve put some distance between myself and this place, but how am I supposed to get down?” she asked herself. Looking around before noticing something that looked man made, she walked towards it finding a hidden ladder. “Perfect.” She climbed down heading in the direction she saw the light source.

Vanadis made her way through the forest as quickly as she could, trying to put as much distance as possible between her and wherever she was being held, she eventually came across a small capsule house. There were no lights coming from the house but there were some clothes that had been left outside on a clothesline. She grabbed a large shirt, and some pants that she quickly put on before continuing her way towards the city she saw.

As she was making her way towards the city, she noticed that she wasn’t tired even after all the running she had done and that she seemed to be faster, among other things, that she knew she had to investigate once she was safe, eventually saw a sign ahead. ‘Welcome To West City’

“Finally.” She muttered relieved.

____

(AN: Second part done; my original plan was to write this part entirely from Vanadis’s point of view but after going over the chapter again I felt like adding a few parts from Gero’s point of view would work better. I should be able to wrap this up in one or two more parts max and then after that I will finish this arc up because it’s turned out a lot longer than I originally planned. I also made a small change to the location of the second lab which I will fix in the previous chapter.)

1