Vol: 8 Ch: 90: Otherworldly Reunion
68 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fortune Teller Baba’s Palace, December 24th

“Are you guys ready?” asked a short, old, and weathered looking women, with pink hair, dressed in black, wearing a witch’s hat, who was sitting on top of a crystal ball. This woman was Fortune Teller Baba, and she was Master Roshi’s sister, and she would help them see Goku.

King Kai had contacted Gohan telling him they he had worked everything out and that they could come on Christmas day. He also told them that they needed to be on their best behavior because they would meet the person who had the power to send them to heaven or hell, he then told them that they needed to go to Fortune Teller Baba’s Palace to make the trip quicker.

“Yes, ma’am.” Gohan said nodding his head at Fortune Teller Baba

“Yeah, I can’t wait to see my dad!” Goten shouted happily.

“Yes, I’m ready, I can’t wait to see my Goku.” Chi-Chi said with a big smile.

“Ok, say your goodbyes.” Baba said.

“Alright, we’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Gohan said waving to Raditz, Good Launch, and Ginnie.

“Bye, guys give Goku our love.” Good Launch waved.

“… yeah, tell Kakarot that… I miss him.” Raditz said with a small smile.

“I will.” Gohan nodded.

“Ok, you three gather, around.” Baba said, floating in between them, “Hold hands now.”

They held hands, where they were soon surrounded by a flash of white light, and soon found themselves, in a large open room, in front of them was a large ogre wearing, a purple suit, and helmet with two horns on it, sitting behind a large wooden desk, that by the looks of it was made of mahogany.

The ogre looked up from the book he was reading, “Ah! Baba, you’re here.”

“Yes, I am King Yemma, and I have the Son Family with me.” Baba replied.

“Yes, I see, thank you, I’ll take it from here.” King Yemma said nodding at her.

“Of course.” Baba said bowing to him, “You guys enjoy yourselves and have a happy Christmas.” She told them before disappearing in a white light.

“Now before I let you see Goku, I need to make a few things clear to you three.” King Yemma said peering down at him.

“Y-yes sir.” they said looking up nervously.

“Don’t worry it’s nothing bad.” King Yemma said, rising a hand. “I just want to express that this opportunity that you three been given is not to be taken lightly, living souls being granted access to the Other World, has never been done before. I want you guys to realize this and that this is opportunity is only being given to you because of Gohan’s effort into stopping Cell and...”

King Yemma was soon interrupted by Goku teleporting in front of them, “There you guys are.”

“Dad!” “Goku!” Gohan, and Chi-Chi shouted while Goten hid behind Chi-Chi’s leg.

“Woah! Gohan you’ve gotten huge.” Goku said with a big smile on his face. “Chi-Chi you look exactly like a remember you.”

“Oh, Goku!” Chi-Chi said blushing.

“Oh! is this Goten?” Goku asked, seeing him hiding behind Chi-Chi’s leg.

“Y-yes.” Goten said nervously.

“Go on Goten, don’t be nervous.” Chi-Chi said softly.

“…Daddy!” Goten shouted laughing as he ran into Goku’s open arms.

“Wow, you’re pretty strong.” Goku said laughing as he placed a laughing Goten onto his shoulders.

“Goku I was in the middle of something!” King Yemma said glaring down at the four of them.

“Opps! Sorry King Yemma, I just couldn’t wait anymore.” Goku said chuckling.

“Fine, since it’s Christmas, I’ll let this go.” King Yemma sighed. “Enjoy your time together.” He said waving them off.

“Thanks!” Goku said smiling. “Come on guys lets go.”

“Where are we going Daddy?” Goten asked.

“We’re heading to a place King Yemma prepared for us.” Goku said, “Now grab hold.”

“Ok.” Chi-Chi said hugging his arm.

“Thank you, King Yemma, and Merry Christmas.” Gohan said giving him a bow, before grabbing hold of Goku.

“Merry Christmas.” King Yemma said waving at them, before they disappeared, Gohan thought he heard King Yemma mutter something about at least one of them having manners. 

--

They soon arrived at a beautiful garden area with lots of flowers, pink trees, and a yellow and pink sky there was a large white gazebo where a short man with blue skin, pointed ears, and a pair of antennae. He was wearing some dark sunglasses, some white shoes, a black tunic with the symbol of Kai on it, there was also a small dark green cricket, and a dark brown monkey, sitting around a large table. 

“Goku, I swear I can’t take my eyes off you for one second!” the man shouted making his way towards them as soon as they appeared.

“Heh, Sorry King Kai. I just couldn’t wait anymore, I wanted to see my family.” Goku said scratching the back of his head.

“That’s not the point Goku, you should have waited like we were told to, I just hope King Yemma doesn’t get angry over this.” King Kai said shaking his head.

“King Kai sir, King Yemma said that he would let it go since it’s Christmas.” Gohan spoke up.

“… He did?” King Kai asked, as Gohan and the others nodded, “Well, at least that’s something.”

“See there’s nothing to worry about King Kai.” Goku said, still smiling. “Let find a place to sit so we can talk.” Goku said walking past King Kai to sit under a tree.

“Oh, before we begin, I brought the food.” Chi-Chi said pulling out a capsule and tossing it.

Once the smoke cleared from the capsule there was an abundance of food, various types of meat, rice, vegetables, noodles, and more all laying on top of a blakent, “Wow, I’ve missed your cooking Chi-Chi.” Goku said with a big grin as he began grabbing food and eating.

“Wow, this is amazing.” King Kai said nodding his head, grabbing his own plate of food.

“Yup, I knew I had to do my best to feed three Saiyans and a God.” Chi-Chi said watching Goku eat with a smile on her face.

“Come on Goten, you got to eat a lot if you want to grow big and strong.” Goku said between mouthfuls.

“Yeah, Goten, if you don’t get some food Dad will eat it all.” Gohan said, grabbing food too.

“Ok.” Goten said as he began chowing down too.

They didn’t talk much while they ate just enjoying each other’s company, the food slowly ran out as expected after feeding three hungry Saiyans. “Wow, I’m stuffed, that was great like always Chi-Chi.” Goku said patting his stomach with a grin.

“That was delicious, Goku was right about your cooking.” King Kai said.

“Oh, Thank you.” Chi-Chi said blushing at the praise.

“It’s no trouble, now, thank you very much for the meal.” King Kai said standing up, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll let the four of you spend some time catching up.” 

“Oh, thank you.” Chi-Chi said.

“Don’t mention it.” King Kai said waving, “I’ll be back later to talk with Gohan some more about his future training.”

“Of course, thank you.” Gohan said as he made to stand up, but King Kai just waved him off.

“So, tell me how everyone has been doing?” Goku asked.

“Oh, King Kai would you be able to take a picture of us before you go?” Chi-Chi asked, holding up her camera.

“Ok, sure shouldn’t be a problem.” King Kai said taking the camera from her, “Now how do I do use this.”

Chi-Chi quickly explained how, and King Kai took the picture gave them the camera back and walked away followed by Bubbles the monkey, and Gregroy the cricket. They then spent the next couple of hours talking about everything Goku has missed and what has happened on Earth.

--

“Wait… Krillin got married to Android 18!?” Goku exclaimed.

“Yes, they even have a beautiful little girl, named Marron.” Chi-Chi said pulling out a small photo album she brought with her.

“Wow.” Goku said looking at the picture, “B-but how do androids have babies?” Goku asked, looking up from the picture to Gohan.

“…why are you looking at me?” Gohan asked, as the three of them turned to look at him.

“Because you’re very smart Big Brother so you should know right?” Goten said smiling.

“Yes, I wanted to ask but I didn’t want to seem rude.” Chi-Chi said nodding.

“Yeah, what they said!” Goku said smiling.

“… her and her brother were both born human, but Gero just added a few extra… things to them.” Gohan explained as simply as he could.

“… so, they’re still humans but just with a few extra things making them stronger than normal humans?” Goku asked after a while.

“Yeah.” Gohan nodded.

“Huh…Good for Krillin. He looks so happy.” Goku said smiling at the picture’s, “How’s everyone else doing?”

“Daddy, is doing well, he also sends his greetings, Gohan would know how Bulma is doing better than me since he’s working with her a lot more.” Chi-Chi said smiling at him.

“Oh, really are you still training?” Goku asked.

“Yeah, I’m still training, I train in my gravity room and with Piccolo, and Raditz when I can. Speaking of Raditz told me to tell you that he misses you.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“I miss him too.” Gohan said, “Oh, how are Ginnie and Launch doing?”

“Launch is doing well.” Chi-Chi answered.

“And Ginnie, she’s doing good she has been training with Raditz a lot.” Gohan said smiling.

“That’s great, is Goten training too?” Goku asked, looking down to see that he had fallen asleep.

“No, not yet mom said I can start training him in a year or two.” Gohan said.

“Really?” Goku asked surprised.

“Yes, I decided that while I may not like you guys fighting that it is still a good outlet for all that energy you Saiyans seem to have.” Chi-Chi said sighing, “But one thing that I refuse is to let him put his life in danger fighting anything dangerous. I don’t like Gohan doing it and as much as it pains me to admit if this is what he wants I can’t do anything about it, but what I can do is do my absolute best to make sure Goten doesn’t go through what Gohan did at his age.”

“Don’t worry mom, I feel the same way.” Gohan said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“How’s the rest of the gang doing?” Goku asked.

“Well, I haven’t seen much of Tien and Chiaotzu since they’re out doing their own thing. Yamcha is doing well too doing his own things too.” Gohan said, deciding not to let his dad know about Yamcha owning a couple of restaurants and that he lets his friends eat for free.

--

(Back On Earth)

Yamcha was sitting at home wrapping some Christmas gifts with Paur floating next to him when he suddenly looks up to the sky, “What is it Yamcha?” Paur asks.

“I don’t know but I suddenly feel like I need to give Gohan a better gift.” Yamcha said still looking up into the sky.

“Why?” Paur asks.

“I feel like he just saved me from potential bankruptcy.” Yamcha said shaking his head, before he continued to wrap the presents.

“Really?” Paur asked.

“Yeah.” Yamcha said nodding, “It’s just a feeling I got.”

“What will you give him then?” Paur asked.

“I don’t know… maybe some dating advice since he’ll be going to high school soon.” Yamcha said laughing.

“I don’t think that’s a good gift.” Paur said deadpan. Yamcha just continued laughing.

--

(Back in Other World)

“That’s good, what about Vegeta?” Goku asked.

“We haven’t heard from him in a while, he took off to train in space after he heard that there was a level beyond Super Saiyan 2.” Gohan explained.

“Really why?” Goku asked.

“I asked him for some planets that I could go train on since I wanted to try something new, but he took off on the ship without giving me the list but I’m not too angry about it because now I can train here with you.” Gohan said shrugging.

“Wow, he must be training like crazy then.” Goku said grinning.

“I wouldn’t know, he hasn’t been in contact with us since he left.” Gohan said shrugging.

“I feel bad for Bulma and little Trunks.” Chi-Chi said shaking her head.

“Why?” Goku asked, tilting his head to the side.

“There’s more to life than fighting.” Chi-Chi said looking at him, “While I have made peace with the fact that Gohan continued training, despite my protest, the thing that made it easier for me to accept was that he takes time off to spend with his family instead of training all day.” 

“That and the fact that I’m keeping up with my studies and working at a Multi-Billion Zeni corporation.” Gohan said smiling.

“Yes, those are helpful too.” Chi-Chi said smiling. Making Gohan and his dad laugh. “What, is it wrong for a mother to want the best for her children.” She said huffing.

“Nothing is wrong mom, just… happy to be like this again.” Gohan said smiling widely.

“I hate to interrupt but your time here is almost done.” King Kai said walking up to them.

“A-already?” Chi-Chi asked, “But it doesn’t seem like that much time has passed.” She said looking up to see that the sky hadn’t changed.

“Yes, I’m afraid so, time moves differently here.” King Kai told them. “Now before you guys head back home, I need a few words alone with young Gohan here.”

“Of, course, we’ll give you some space.” Chi-Chi said making to stand up.

“No, it’s fine, don’t worry, stay seated, the young one is still asleep.” King Kai said pointing to Goten who was drooling on Goku’s leg. “Come on Gohan.”

“Of course.” Gohan said, getting up and walking with him.

After they had walked for a while, King Kai turned to Gohan, “There’s a few conditions that you need to meet before we begin your training under me.”

“Of, course sir what are they?” Gohan asked.

“The first one is…” King Kai trailed looking up at him, “You need to make me laugh.”

“…e-excuse me?” Gohan asked confused, “What do you mean laugh?”

“I mean you need to tell me a joke, it’s one of the requirements for me to teach you, your father and his friends managed to do it, and even your friend Piccolo did.”

“R-really Piccolo made you laugh?” Gohan asked, not being able to picture Piccolo cracking a joke.

“Yup, now, I’ll give you some time to think of something.” King Kai said, smiling.

“T-thank you…” Gohan said, as he began thinking of a good joke,

“Hey, son is King Kai making you tell him a joke?” Goku asked him telepathically.

“Y-yeah dad, how did you know?” Gohan asked.

“He, did the same with me?” Goku replied.

“Do you have any advice?” Gohan asked.

“Stick with what you know best and deliver it with effort, and once you’re on a roll keep them coming until he’s laughing.” Goku told him.

“Ok, thanks dad.” Gohan replied as Goku left him thinking on his own, “I don’t know any jokes, I’m a scientist, not a comedian… Dad said I should stick with what I know best. How about… no that’s not good…” Gohan sat down as he continued trying to think of a joke.

After a while he stood up, “Oh, you got something?” King Kai asked looking up at him.

Gohan just nodded, “Why can’t you trust atoms?”

“Why?” King Kai asked eyebrow raised.

“Because they make up everything!” Gohan said enthusiastically.

King Kai didn’t react making Gohan think that he failed but he noticed King Kai’s lip curl up as he held his mouth close trying not to laugh but he failed as he started laughing out loud, “It’s true atoms do make up everything thing!”

King Kai kept on laughing for a good while before he stopped wiping a tear from his face, “That was very good, I accept you as my student.”

“Thank, you King Kai.” Gohan said glad that he didn’t have to think of another joke.

“It’s no problem kid, now I’ll contact you when it’s time for you to come back and train with me, just remember to bring some extra food and come by yourself.” King Kai told him, as they started walking back to where his family was sitting.

“Of course, sir.” Gohan said nodding. 

“Good, now before you guys go back home, I need to explain how things will work.” King Kai said, getting serious. “You will use your Instant Transmission to come to my planet where I will train you and teach you how to use the Spirt Bomb technique while allowing you to spar with your father on occasion, as long as you two don’t go too far and destroy my planet.”

“Yes Sir, I understand King Kai.” Gohan said nodding his head.

“Good, now, I overheard your conversation with your father, and I think that your idea about training on new planets is a good one, so I’ll work on a list of planets that you can go train on for when you come back.” King Kai said nodding his head at him.

“R-really?” Gohan asked surprised.

“Yes, of course, and my list will be much better than whatever list Vegeta could have given you for obvious reasons.” King Kai said grinning.

“Thank you very much King Kai.” Gohan said smiling widely.

“Don’t mention it, Gohan, it’s the least I could do for brining me back to life.” King Kai said, “The other reason I’m doing this is because based on what I’ve observed from you and what your father has told me I think you will be able to learn everything I have to teach you faster than your father. Which will leave you with nothing to do but wait for when you can come and spar with your father by giving you the list you can go out and train elsewhere.”

“I… thank you.” Gohan said again.

“It’s no trouble, I want someone else to know my techniques now that your father is here. Now go say goodbye to your father, and I’ll contact you when you can come visit again.” King Kai said nodding at him.

Gohan nodded his head and walked back to his mom, dad, and brother who were saying their teary goodbyes. “I’ll miss you, Daddy.” Goten said crying as he hugged Goku tightly.

“I’ll miss you too son, but don’t forget I’m always checking in on you guys.” Goku said hugging him back, “And don’t forget you will be able to come visit me again.”

“…ok.” Goten said nodding his head.

“Come on Goten, let mom say goodbye.” Gohan said, grabbing Goten from Goku.

“What about you?” Chi-Chi asked, tears running down her face.

“I’ll get to see him more often than you guys whenever I come up here to train, I can wait, you say your goodbyes mom.” Gohan said smiling at her,

“Thank you, son.” Goku said nodding at him, Gohan nodded back as he carried Goten away to give his parents some space.

Gohan spent time consoling Goten while his parents said their goodbyes. After a while his mom came walking back, still crying a little, he hugged her, and looked up at his dad who nodded his head at him and gave him a smile. Gohan smiled back and told his mom to hold tight as he teleported them back to earth.

--

(A Few Days Later)

Gohan was watching his mom spar with Ginnie, which surprised him when he saw because he didn’t know his mom had been keeping up with her training, but apparently, she would spar with Ginnie whenever Raditz couldn’t. Like today when Raditz had taken Launch out for the day, but the spar came to a halt when the four of them suddenly felt several large energy sources heading towards earth.

“Big Brother what is that?” Goten asked looking up into the sky.

“I-I don’t know it feels familiar but at the same time different.” Gohan answered frowning.

“What do you mean son?” Chi-Chi asked.

“This Ki feels similar to… Frieza.” Gohan answered, eyes narrowing.

____

(AN: After thinking things over for a good while I decided to add them to the story because I think after the last few chapters I needed to have a good action-packed chapter. However, things won’t go like you guys are probably thinking, I want to go in a different direction with them and add something else which you guys will see. I hope you guys enjoy what’s coming.)

1